Astro-Notes: Aug 8 Practice

Astrobot

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I felt a need to modify my profile pic to that of my favorite dog in childhood. Not ScoobyDoo, not Lassie, but Astro from The Jetsons!

My screen name comes from an educational software company we dabbled with called Astrobot Academy.

There, now you know.

Some highlights of 11 on 11: Graham hauls in a 40 yard pass from EJ down to the 11, am Manny Lawson sack, Goodwin splitting 2 defenders, and a 50 yarder from EJ to I think Graham. Ron Brooks had a pass breakup on Easley, EJ sidestepping a sack and taking off, EJ avoiding MArio Williams sack and hitting Sampson (who's rising in our eyes)...

Do you happen to recall what kind of play the bolded was? A slant?

Shame about Gaskins, hopefully the fact he tried to go is an indication that it's not serious. He seems like a fit for what we need out of the third RB.

Thank you, Astro!

Terrific Job again Astro. I just recently got married so I havnt been posting but I also havnt missed any practice notes. I am loving me some Gaskins lately, especially after his emergence at the Scrim. Any updates on why he wasnt out there. Seems like a better choice over Choice. Also again, my boy Darick! He better make this roster because he wont sit around on Practice Squad and itll bite us in the you know what. Thanks again!

It's funny....

I was reading Twitter and say the Bills post "August 8th Training Camp Notes" and said to myself no thanks I'm going to go read Astro's notes instead as I know they are much better!

CBF

Astro does a phenomenal job, but I do enjoy Joe Buscaglia's writeups as well. The ones by Chris Brown are a distant fourth, behind Mike322328 or whatever his screen name is.

. Mayock's here because he got his facts wrong in a recent article about the Bills trading up for EJ (I made that up).

I tweeted him about that a few days ago...both he and Burmeister said the same thing, that the Bills traded up for EJ so they think he should be the starter.

Great report, as always...thanks for the hard work!!

hey, so i love these as much as the next guy, but is it possible to nix the ranks rastro commentary? it's just ... not good

for us older kids.

Since the Ranks, Rastro bit each time i open these most delightful reports up i see the opening of the jetsons cartoon in my tiny mind.

George takes the dog "outside" for the walk. The conveyor belt outside of the futuristic house of course.

An entanglement with the leash occurs etc etc.

I can hear the music too. " meet George Jetson, Jane his wife. Daughter Judy" etc and i crack a smile.

Astrobot . i must confess you are the first place i go to get something Bills to knaw on . I place all the credit to Jane. Thanks Missus B !

Kenny it's an olde guy thing

Edited by 3rdand12