Tank it for clowney?

major

wow, not very nice. you don't think some sort of empirical evidence would be appropriate before stating arbitrarily how bad EJ is?

Although, I have to admit, it would br depressing if Geno was great and EJ sucked (and that would be Bills kind of luck). I think we can wait at least a little while before beign so arbitrarily pessimistic.

John Cocktosten is one of the well known trolls on the board. You should put him on ignore to avoid getting suckered again.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vegas still has us only winning 3 games next year. Therefore, should we tank it to get clowney? They say he's the next Bruce smith. Seriously, I don't want to tank the season but clowney is going to be awesome this year and in the nfl in years to come

Play to win each and every game. Never think the draft crap shoot is worth not trying to be a one win better football team. Even when it is week 17 and an Andrew Luck is there.

Recent drafts:

2007: Russell #1, Adrian Peterson #7, Patrick Willis #10

2008: Jake Long #1, Matt Ryan #3, Chris Johnson #24

2009: Stafford #1, Orakpo #13, Cushing #15

2010: Bradford #1, Spiller #8

2011: Newton #1, Watt #11

2012: Who judges a draft after one year? But that Luck guy seems pretty good.

Picking #1 can be nice, but it is never worth trying to lose for, and there are always great players available later, especially now that we won't be picking a first round QB (which is where there tends to be a difference even if hit or miss).

I hope we are picking #32, but if we hit week 15 with something in the 5-15 range, I will still be rooting for us to win out the final games even as it "hurts" our draft position.

I'm trying to imagine the conversations involved in trying to convince Doug Marrone to throw his first season as an NFL head coach. Come to think of it, such a scheme would probably violate federal anti-trust laws. That being said, if the front office were really interested in throwing the season (without the fear of committing a felony), they could just fire Marrone and bring back Dick Jauron. VOILA! Season tanked!

Vegas still has us only winning 3 games next year. Therefore, should we tank it to get clowney? They say he's the next Bruce smith. Seriously, I don't want to tank the season but clowney is going to be awesome this year and in the nfl in years to come

#1- vegas has us as the favorite for the betting line in 3 of 16 games.

#2- vegas has the bills at 6.5 wins total for the over/under bet.

#3- you will NEVER get coaches and/or players willing to "tank" the season.

#4- you could get a general manager and owner to try and tank. like INDY did by replacing peyton manning with some loser named Painter, instead of going out and getting a better QB.

Not ready to clown it for clowney, besides, I heard "best prospect in years" talk about Dareus, too. And I like Dareus.

i dont recall "best nfl defensive prospect in years" talk for dareus.... there was a little bit of "one of the best DTs besides suh" but thats a bit less ringing an endorsement

Play to win each and every game. Never think the draft crap shoot is worth not trying to be a one win better football team. Even when it is week 17 and an Andrew Luck is there.

Recent drafts:

2007: Russell #1, Adrian Peterson #7, Patrick Willis #10

2008: Jake Long #1, Matt Ryan #3, Chris Johnson #24

2009: Stafford #1, Orakpo #13, Cushing #15

2010: Bradford #1, Spiller #8

2011: Newton #1, Watt #11

2012: Who judges a draft after one year? But that Luck guy seems pretty good.

Picking #1 can be nice, but it is never worth trying to lose for, and there are always great players available later, especially now that we won't be picking a first round QB (which is where there tends to be a difference even if hit or miss).

I hope we are picking #32, but if we hit week 15 with something in the 5-15 range, I will still be rooting for us to win out the final games even as it "hurts" our draft position.

have to rub it in huh?

No. I'm sick of watching a sinking ship over, and over, and over, and over, and over again. I'm sick of November rolling around and already looking forward to the draft. Finally, I'm sick of people who think having the first pick of the draft is a cure-all for any franchise. Ask the Browns how that worked for them in '99 and 2000. Ask the Bengals, Texans, Niners, Raiders, Dolphins how that all worked out for them.

I'm ready to have a team show some improvement this year, and get over the damn hump next year with the core group we have now, and whatever cards we are dealt in the 2014 draft.

It's not a matter of having higher draft picks, it's a matter of drafting better with the picks you're given.

• 2 weeks later...

Not saying anything one way or the other. It falls like it falls. Go to YouTube and watch Clowney's senior season high school highlights. Talk about dominant. Talk about unfair. Like an All Pro NFL player going back and playing high school ball. Never saw anything like it Would have broke every recruiting rule in existence to sign him up.