Astro-Notes: Aug 5 Scrimmage

Astrobot

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Astro, this stuff is crack for those of us who can't be there. But not as bad for you. Thanks a million.

+1

Its not just that I like it. Or look forward to it. Its a need. Seriously.

"Hello everyone. My name is Maddenboy. And I'm a Astro-Notes-a-holic"

Edited by maddenboy

Kiko was compared to Ben Leber, former Vike & Charger but it reads that he maybe having more impact? Robert Woods reads like he's having a good camp too, who's he reminding folk off- NFL comparison was Donald Driver?

Thanks again Astro! Was EJ as bad as it seemed in scrimmage? I know I heard stories of him having the 2nd team Oline to back himself up against the 1st team D, but it's fair to admit where he's struggling. We knew there would be some moments, and that we have over a month for him to improve enough for week one...if he plays.

For those who were there, I know there are depth problems in places, but how does our 1st team D look, even without Byrd, and the Williams?

not that he's ran that much, but he has the size to fight off a rush more than many QBs (just a guess) and he's got the god given talent to run for it when the okay breaks down. I'm just hoping that Marrone is telling him that it's ok to run when his first reads aren't there.

I'm hoping to too. I know EJ hates the title of "running QB" and I don't want him doing it every play, but (at least to start) I'm ok with the 1, 2, 3 (Spiller or Jackson), RUN! being his thought process. We can go up tempo with the run game all the same, so I don't have any problems throwing those plays in.

Kiko was compared to Ben Leber, former Vike & Charger but it reads that he maybe having more impact? Robert Woods reads like he's having a good camp too, who's he reminding folk off- NFL comparison was Donald Driver?

I get more of a Urlacher feel. The way he moves and throws his body around. Plus his coverage skills. Maybe he should return punts too...

I hope to one day buy you a drink or 12 for the TC posts. Thank you sir.

"Well I had a dream the other night,

You were in a bar in the corner on a chair.

Wearing a long white leather coat,

Purple glasses and glitter in your hair.

And you said, Hey this is where I wanna sit and buy you a drink someday." Chris Cornell from Temple of the Dog

First time I've seen this anywhere and I LOVE this. I'm happy the current coaching staff isn't afraid to try anything. Zebrie and Cordy on the left side is a !@#$ing wall!

Fantastic report Astro. Look forward to your next report on Wednesday.

I'm also glad that the coaching staff is using various players at LG to find the right man for the job. Still, this position is a concern. Is Sanders ready to be a starter?

I remember a lot of fans being very flip about losing Levitre, stating that "Guards are a dime a dozen", or "we won't even notice that Levitre is gone". Things got even worse when we lost Chad Rinehardt. I know Levitre got more money than he probably deserved, but replacing him was never going to be as easy as some of you may have thought.

I think the proof is in how many players we have had trying to lock down the position this very short amount of time in camp.

First time I've seen this anywhere and I LOVE this. I'm happy the current coaching staff isn't afraid to try anything. Zebrie and Cordy on the left side is a !@#$ing wall!

Zebrie Sanders will make a good running-series LG. Play 1, he moved his man to his right about 8', essentially pinning the DE against the DT. Play 2, he pushed his man back and held him upright long enough for the play to pass by. Play 3, Carrington went wide on him but Sanders was so wide, it took him out of the play. Sanders is not quick enough for the fast moves used on passing downs, but if you have a lead and are going to run a lot, Zebrie's decent. Legursky is the better pass blocker. Makes me wonder if the Bills take Kouandijo or Lewan next year and move Cordy in to LG.

I saw the replay of that. Woods looked dumbfounded on where the ball was, while McKelvin was taking it to the end zone.

omg!! Just realized what the hell are we gonna do now? We have a rookie QB with a bunch of rookie WRs. We won't know who to blame anymore.

I say we just keep blaming Fitz and Chan.

EJ shows his athleticism o nthe next series, buying time with his feet and hitting Provo for 15 down to the 10 yard line. Drew Smith, RB in the slot position, gets his TD for Albany. uh...Buffalo.

Nice report!

Also nice to hear EJ did not tuck it and run. Very encouraging!

omg!! Just realized what the hell are we gonna do now? We have a rookie QB with a bunch of rookie WRs. We won't know who to blame anymore.

I say we just keep blaming Fitz and Chan.

Naw. Just blame inexperience. ;)