Kolb injured running out to field?

eball

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Joey Buttafucco from the NSA in the grassy knoll?

I'd rather have Brad Smith play QB than Thiggy.

hahaha, sad fact is that Brad Smith's completion percentage as a Bill is 100% to the other team. No joke 2 passes, 2 interceptions. :bag:

This is when I feel sorry for professional athletes. They work their butts off to get in shape, study, and focus on their jobs. Then something as stupid as a wet rubber mat screws things up. I like Kolb, and I think under the right circumstances he could be a decent starting QB. Unfortunately last year he was with a team that had turnstiles for O-linemen, so he got knocked around quite a bit. He was in a perfect situation in Philly, because they had a good O line and players who complimented him. I don't think Buffalo is going to be a good situation for him, because we don't have enough players who compliment his skill set. So he'll be the vetran EJ learns from and hopefully Kolb can at least keep the team on an even keel for EJ to learn from the sidelines for a few games.

That's good news. They are saying Stevie is a minimum of a week which is okay by me. As long as the team is healthy when they play NE.

Really my only worry on either now is the Sean Payton school of "day to day" while a player is later found out to be having surgery and out 3 months. Hopefully both are simply "it's camp, may as well rest... Not even hurt really."

"Bumped his knee" is a retreat to the locker room situation? Marrone does know that QBs get tackled right? Oh well, more EJ time!

It's August 3rd, not the 3rd quarter of a big game.... But I guess in the "never let the other guy steal a snap" theory, you'd think kolb would play through unless it was a real worry to him.

Really my only worry on either now is the Sean Payton school of "day to day" while a player is later found out to be having surgery and out 3 months. Hopefully both are simply "it's camp, may as well rest... Not even hurt really."

It's August 3rd, not the 3rd quarter of a big game.... But I guess in the "never let the other guy steal a snap" theory, you'd think kolb would play through unless it was a real worry to him.

Or it is August 3rd and he doesn't want to injure it more because he is playing on a bum knee.

Joey Buttafucco from the NSA in the grassy knoll?

I'd rather have Brad Smith play QB than Thiggy.

Definitely a Tonya Harding NFL moment.

I'll be damned, I never thought my Jeff Gillooly candle would actually work!!

I think Marrone may have been calling out Kolb for being a kitty-cat with that "bumped his knee" comment.

You ever break an bones or tear a meniscus or a ligament?

You know, I'm happy that Kolb is alright. I really would prefer to have him there during the season but I'm not going to lie: this is a windfall for Manuel. There was always a bit of a concern about Kolb's injury history, and the timing works out almost perfectly for Manuel. Manuel was already making a strong case for starter on merit, and now he's had a complete practice in charge. If he gets two, three days of this? The competition may be over.

Definitely a Tonya Harding NFL moment.

You ever break an bones or tear a meniscus or a ligament?

Yep.

I also tweaked a knee slipping on a wet court. I finished the intra mural basketball game and had a limp around for a week after.

If someone is trying to steal my job "which should be Kolb's mentality) a bumped knee shouldn't let you choose to miss any snaps.

IMO He should have gone out there and gave it a try before running into the locker room unless it was obviously serious. In that case I am a Richard for calling him a kitty cat; And I'm OK with that.

Edited by Why So Serious?