Kolb injured running out to field?

eball

Expect complaints about staff at SJF not keeping water off the rubber mats...still, if this injury is significant it has to go down as one of the freakiest, most random ever. Almost seems the stars are aligning to start the EJ era.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not to think worst case scenario but if it is a few month injury any thoughts to possible back QB options?

I am wondering if Brad Smith will be worked into the rotation, if its a serious injury.

EDIT: This was not the 1st news I wanted to hear today.

Edited by jaybee

Expect complaints about staff at SJF not keeping water off the rubber mats...still, if this injury is significant it has to go down as one of the freakiest, most random ever. Almost seems the stars are aligning to start the EJ era.

EJ #1...Tuel #2...Brad Smith #3.

PTR

Not to think worst case scenario but if it is a few month injury any thoughts to possible back QB options?

Well if thats the case - Lucky we've kept Jacks.... Nevermind.

I am wondering if Brad Smith will be worked into the rotation, if its a serious injury.

I don't think that was even a plan when chan had him at qb, honestly

There's no need to hate to admit that a rookie backed up by a UDFA rookie backed up by a WR would be scary.

Cue the armchair GMs waiting to post that Nix and Whaley failed to adequately stock the roster with 4-5 quality backup QBs.

Cue the armchair GMs waiting to post that Nix and Whaley failed to adequately stock the roster with 4-5 quality backup QBs.

I wouldn't say that..... Injury to kolb was a concern when we cut Jackson though, and with over 20m in cap space, it seemed geared towards saving cash, not fielding the best 53. Once gone I didn't expect any signing though.

All that said, we will see if this is an injury or just camp precautionary measures to check it out

I wouldn't say that..... Injury to kolb was a concern when we cut Jackson though, and with over 20m in cap space, it seemed geared towards saving cash, not fielding the best 53. Once gone I didn't expect any signing though.

All that said, we will see if this is an injury or just camp precautionary measures to check it out

While my post was an obvious joke, I'll address one of your points. I agree cutting Jackson was at least in part related to $$ (what do 3rd-string QBs get paid?) but also about letting him try to go somewhere he could compete for a #1 or #2 job.

EJ getting more reps can only be a good thing. I was just thinking if he's out until November or something they will probably want some security and a veteran back up. I feel like EJ, Kolb and Tuel is a good mix. If you are down a man than you need to try to replace what he brings. In Kolb's case, it is a smart guy that can make some plays if called upon. Strangely, Fitz probably fits the bill really well but obviously not an option. Is Hasselback on a roster?

While my post was an obvious joke, I'll address one of your points. I agree cutting Jackson was at least in part related to $$ (what do 3rd-string QBs get paid?) but also about letting him try to go somewhere he could compete for a #1 or #2 job.

I know, but I figure it was bound to come up seriously too. I get the logic but didnt agree with it at all. It my be a worthless point here, as kolb could be fine and stay healthy but... At qb especially... I'm not a huge fan of doing the guy a favor so early in the offseason. I liked having two vets "just in case" and felt we spent enough on tjax that we very much earned the right to use that to the fullest instead of doing him a favor.

Edited by NoSaint