Kolb injured running out to field?

eball

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

EJ getting more reps can only be a good thing. I was just thinking if he's out until November or something they will probably want some security and a veteran back up. I feel like EJ, Kolb and Tuel is a good mix. If you are down a man than you need to try to replace what he brings. In Kolb's case, it is a smart guy that can make some plays if called upon. Strangely, Fitz probably fits the bill really well but obviously not an option. Is Hasselback on a roster?

Fitz who? Because it sure wasn't the guy named Ryan Fitzpatrick who was the QB for the Bills these past few years. He had many chances to make plays when called upon, being the starting QB and all, and he schnockered every one.

The wiki page picture of the Bills former Ryan Fitzpatrick about sums up his ability to make plays:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ryan_Fitzpatrick

I am curious as to this other Fitz you mentioned though, because if he is smart and can make plays then CHAMPIONSHIP!

If it is cartilege, he would probably be out for just a few weeks.

Which isnt too bad but he (and Stevie, Mike Caussin) lose reps learning this new system which is kind of a bummer. I guess EJ maybe ends up getting the nod if this is the case. Not a bad thing. Just hope he's ready come the NE opener and if not I suspect the offensive coaches will install an offensive game plan that he is proficient with.

If EJ does start, and wins week one against NE I'll lose my voice for about a month ! LOL !

EDIT: EJ does look like one of those guys that is a thoroughbred, and one that'll be a good one regardless of how hot the fire is when they throw him in. May take some time. When its all said and done I think he'll make us fans happy. Sure hope so anyway !

Edited by jaybee

Did Maronne excuse him from practice today?

How long will he be out?

Was he injured or just hurt?

If he's injured, what's the nature of his injury?

Will he need a second opinion?

Will Tuel get his reps?

Inquiring minds want demand to know.

repeat these questions 5 times, and you might be a "journalist"

It's August 3rd, not the 3rd quarter of a big game.... But I guess in the "never let the other guy steal a snap" theory, you'd think kolb would play through unless it was a real worry to him.

My take by description of the event without the benefit of seeing it, most likely thing is it's a day to day sprain. Likely to heal quickly, but can't practice on it and risk further injury.

Kolb probably knew it the moment it happened, and threw his helmet in disgust because the praise he's given EJ over the last few days is not lip service. He knows any advantage he has over Manuel because of his experience is tenuous. Kolb, by reports, had his best day of practice yesterday, and any momentum that he he'd gained is now probably lost. I'm sure he realizes he is not the favorite in this close QB competition, and regardless of what he says, I'm sure it's weighing on him.

If it was something he could practice through without risk of further injury, I'd hope someone in his situation would work through it. If not, there is no actual competition.

oh, you're all jokesters. poking fun at the media asking questions.

and yet you fail to notice how fans -- through the media -- have been getting more substantial updates ever since Tuesday.

that's a credit to Marrone for coming forth and realizing that the answers he was providing before regarding high-profile players -- whether it's Mario, Stevie Johnson or today with Kolb -- required a few more specifics. but you're right, why should we in the media ask questions, when it's quite evident some of you here either have the answers or can simply make them up.

jw

oh, you're all jokesters. poking fun at the media asking questions.

and yet you fail to notice how fans -- through the media -- have been getting more substantial updates ever since Tuesday.

that's a credit to Marrone for coming forth and realizing that the answers he was providing before regarding high-profile players -- whether it's Mario, Stevie Johnson or today with Kolb -- required a few more specifics. but you're right, why should we in the media ask questions, when it's quite evident some of you here either have the answers or can simply make them up.

jw

it seems that a balance between coach and media has evolved since the Mario incident.

By the way i find Marrone to have an interesting sense of humor of late.

marios presser always scare me but last one seemed coached and rather funny too.

I depend on folks like you to help me balance out the reality of the matter before i reach any hard conclusions .

The Marrone and the media is a developing story unto itself i would guess.

Thank you for being the checks and balance Mr Wawrow. Now about your evil cohorts... : )

Edited by 3rdand12