Levitre having trouble with one of his knees

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Losing Levitre keeps looking worse for me, since they've done nothing to address the LG position. And they're not using the cap space saved by losing him and Rinehart and extending Fitz' cap hit.

CHANGE~?

They may use it and might have been waiting for the post-June 1st exemption. Meanwhile, there hasn't been a lot of movement on the FA front for weeks, to the point that Dwight Freeney is alleging collusion among the owners.

Bill, while it's not lil Donte money it's still going to be $12-13M at least spent on two guards.

PTR

Which is the going rate for two good guards. A lot of the sticker shock is the cap near doubling so quickly. That's 10% of your cap for 2 potential top tier players (10% of your starters)

I hated Shlocker coming out of College. He has actually impressed me. I think Locker will be a good QB.

Agreed, I saw a couple of Titans games last year and he certainly looks like he's up and coming.

The last name is Clocker and I'm surprised that you've been impressed by him.

Clocker?

No way.

Shlocker is better.

Anyway that's how much I hated him as a prospect. He was horrible as the QB of W.

Just horrible.

What are pitch folks?

They are the kinds of people that tar and feather other people. This used to be done in groups and at the center of town along with witch burning ( delightful fun really )

Now its done from a distance (the ether ) and has lost it's panache and zeal that would really create a solid bonding amongst the townsfolk. And a healthy fear.

Hey, at least Levitre, the new veteran on the new team, showed up for OTAs....

They may use it and might have been waiting for the post-June 1st exemption. Meanwhile, there hasn't been a lot of movement on the FA front for weeks, to the point that Dwight Freeney is alleging collusion among the owners.

Poor Dwight. He's on the wrong side of 33 and he's running out of steam. Of course it must be that all 32 GMs colluded to keep him and other aging vets off the roster. When pushed (ever so gently) by ESPN, he of course said "well, I have no data or anything, just what I've heard form other vets"...etc. Old guys on the downside not getting huge contracts? What has become of the NFL!??

Hey, at least Levitre, the new veteran on the new team, showed up for OTAs....

Poor Dwight. He's on the wrong side of 33 and he's running out of steam. Of course it must be that all 32 GMs colluded to keep him and other aging vets off the roster. When pushed (ever so gently) by ESPN, he of course said "well, I have no data or anything, just what I've heard form other vets"...etc. Old guys on the downside not getting huge contracts? What has become of the NFL!??

Seems like this allegation is a recurring one every year around this time.

Seems like this allegation is a recurring one every year around this time.

Exactly. All these guys want to get paid for past services--as though they haven't already. Freeney, who's last contract made him the highest paid defender in the NFL at 30 mil guaranteed, went on and on about how vets like him "have put in their time" and "sacrificed their bodies" and deserve better contracts at this point of their careers because of what they have done, not because of what they are currently worth.

Totally delusional. He should just retire with his current health intact and what should be tens of millions in the bank.

You don't say?

Seriously? Didn't see post #2? :ph34r::nana:

I have zero problem with A.L. doing what he did - it was a one time grab for the golden ring - and he got it. I hope his career goes well. That said, I also think our FO knew a wee mite more than Bud Adams' crew and let them overpay Andy. Why would The Bills sink $40m in a LG with knee issues? An abundance of cap cash on hand an the team is so set at all other positions that they would say, sure... what the hell - just give it to him?

Lord help us when our current crop of youngsters get a few years under their belts and hopefully a large measure of success behind them and then start getting targeted in Free Agency. This board couldn't survive an off season the likes that The Ravens have had. Bunch of hand-wringing towel-biting knee-jerking hissy-fit-throwing emotionally-imbalanced rock throwers will have a complete melt down. :lol:

What a ridiculous post. First of all, the Ravens offseason was a walk in the park in comparison to the dismantling of the John Butler era Bills. From a perennial contender to a permanent 21st century NFL doormat in the span of about 16 months. I'm thinking the Ravens aren't headed for 3-13 right away, especially after they scored in the bargain portion of free agency.

And when the Bills deconstruction went down......the board handled it in stride.......obviously a bit too casually if you might recall.

Do you remember the origins of "DOOOOOMED!" as it was used on TBD? That was then.... 2000-2001.....in response to concerns that the organizational purge was out of control and was destroying 12 years of momentum that had resulted in 10 playoff appearances, 5 AFC championship games and 4 SB berths. Support for the purge was actually the MAJORITY opinion then. Even people like Alaska Darin and LA Billzfan were attacking concerned Bills fans like they were you, or PTR or EBall. And fwiw, I was not in the majority then. I was correct. This isn't rocket science, if it has all the characteristics of sh*t......it is very probably going to turn out to be sh*t.

The difference being that the Bills organization under Polian/Butler had earned goodwill thru results. The support had some basis. It no longer does. You guys just look like a bunch of self-loathing, fan hating d-bags with your "what would WE be doing if the Bills had signed Levitre" nonsense. :doh:

As for the Levitre controversy itself.........you fan haters are the ones who want everyone to "wait until the season before you are critical"............well this is ACTUALLY one of those instances where that is the correct approach.

Why?

Because the man has not missed a game in the NFL.

Sixty four straight. I mean, seriously.... knee injuries are a setback but nowadays guys come back from far more serious injures......like achilles injuries in the SAME YEAR, for example. Unless the surgeon lost his knee cap in operating room I think it's safe to say he will be back at full strength AS ALWAYS. He's 26, not 36. If the Bills had signed Levitre I would be just as concerned about his knee as I am now........not at all. :rolleyes:

Isnt Legursky(sp) coming in this week? Our HC is a former o line coach too

The hope is that Buddy can pull another Urbik out of his bag of tricks and that Marrone can coax results out of the replacement. The interest in Legursky at this point is about as encouraging as if the Bills were pursuing yet another re-tread QB like Luke McCown right now....after signing TJAX, Kolb and drafting Manuel....if they suddenly have interest in a player who is nothing more than a backup then they are probably not thrilled about what they are seeing from the prospects at that position in OTA's.

I'm sure he passed a physical, had no pre-existing conditions, and somehow just tweaked it.

Most likely bad luck for Levitre and the Titans.

didn't Levitre have his knee looked at last year, at the end of the season. I remember Chan saying somthing to the effect of, it was not surgical.

Just the same, having to sit out OTA's isn't any indication of his success this year.

Good luck Andy.

Edited by JaxBills

didn't Levitre have his knee looked at last year, at the end of the season. I remember Chan saying somthing to the effect of, it was not surgical.

It was mentioned upthread that he had a procedure done in January and apparently it was surgical… or at least arthroscopic.

• 1 month later...

I read an article on Profootballtalk.com today talking about Levitre being limited in practice due to soreness from an old knee surgery. The article said that he was not able to fully participate in any of the Titans offseason work outs. Could this be the reason why the Bills chose to let him walk and did not break the bank to sign him? I would bet it was a serious factor in their thinking.

Pretty interesting that he wasn't able to participate fully in any of their workouts. I had no idea he had an injury, certainly not one severe enough to keep him from fully taking part in their workouts. Maybe so...