'splain your avatar

Chandler#81

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was at this game in 1989. The year of the bickering Bills and really the epitome of that season- they lost to a very mediocre Saints team playing with a no-name backup QB. Anyone remember his name? John Fourcade (sp?) And with all the talk of "how is so-and-so QB going to do in the wind and snow in Buffalo" this is one of the only real legit snow games where there's more than just a dusting on the field that I can remember being played at Rich Stadium. But really it was just one of the first pics that popped up when I google imaged Pete Metzelaars. It's no ham sandw(h)ich, but I tried.

No, but it's iconic!

The Fish are still the team I hate the most. Doesn't matter what has happened the past dozen or so years. My childhood was spent wondering when we would finally beat those motherscratchers, and I relished every single Jim Kelly or Frank Reich-led beatdown during the glory years. One of the playoff games I recall most fondly is the effort that sent Don Shula into retirement.

I was at this game in 1989. The year of the bickering Bills and really the epitome of that season- they lost to a very mediocre Saints team playing with a no-name backup QB. Anyone remember his name? John Fourcade (sp?) And with all the talk of "how is so-and-so QB going to do in the wind and snow in Buffalo" this is one of the only real legit snow games where there's more than just a dusting on the field that I can remember being played at Rich Stadium. But really it was just one of the first pics that popped up when I google imaged Pete Metzelaars. It's no ham sandw(h)ich, but I tried.

Hey, I was at that game too! In fact, that was my very first Bills game. I think I was about 9 or 10 years old.

Did you used to have the avatar of the little kid flicking off the Dolphins or something along those lines? That was a pretty sweet one too.

PS: Your current avatar makes me hungry--I love sushi.

No, that wasn't me, but I remember it.

That game had great theater with the snow. We played just well enough to win, but lost a heart-breaker. Not as bad as Harmon's drop, but gut-wrenching nonetheless.

Due to a combination of both personal and professional circumstances my wife and I moved twice (actually three times if you count a temporary stay in a townhouse in between the "real" moves) in less than a twelve month period. We've landed in Chicago. The avatar reflects the skyline of the new place of residence and I like photoshop effects added to make it of Bills colors.

Hopefully, we will be here for a little while.

I'm a Maiden fan. Duh.

Same here. I rolled with the Powerslave cover for a while too but when I saw it popping up in other posts I needed to switch it up so I wouldn't get confused. :thumbsup:

For non-maiden people, this is from the cover for the single release of Stranger in a Strange Land.

One of my favorite movies..."'What day did the Lord create Spinal Tap, and couldn't he have rested on that day too?....Ties in my love for the Simpsons and my favorite 70's band Styx (Todd Sucherman has played with Tap and lived)

Have really enjoyed the thread...thanks for starting it...

Mine is of Doug Marrone as he represents good or bad what will happen with this club for the next couple if years at least. He's the skipper and our fearless leader.

P.S if he starts to bite the big one it will be random hilarious still shots of the greatest 80's comedies . Nat Lampoon's vacation weird science etc.