Are the Bills/Stevie gonna regret this photo posted on FB?

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not of the fan-ilk that runs players out of town and that's nowhere-near my intent with Stevie (as if little ole me had a say, anyway).

But I am glad to see that it's no longer fringe to call this guy what he is: an immature, obnoxious jokester who also happens to be really good at running routes, getting open and picking up YAC.

At one time it baffled me how these two things (jerk/good receiver) just simply couldn't coexist in the minds of many-a Bills fan.

Edited by taC giB ehT

I'm not of the fan-ilk that runs players out of town and that's nowhere-near my intent with Stevie (as if little ole me had a say, anyway).

But I am glad to see that's no longer fringe to call this guy what he is: an immature, obnoxious jokester who also happens to be really good at running routes, getting open and picking up YAC.

At one time it baffled me how these two things (jerk/good receiver) just simply couldn't coexist in the minds of many-a Bills fan.

theres often an idea that if you like a player, you cant criticize any of his choices - especially off the field. good players are just "having fun" or "young guys" or "boys being boys" when they do something knuckleheaded.

But I am glad to see that's no longer fringe to call this guy what he is: an immature, obnoxious jokester who also happens to be really good at running routes, getting open and picking up YAC.

I'll add that I think there's a radical element out there that still wishes to see Stevie fall flat, only because, he is immature. To those I would say, who's the immature one, the one wishing he fell hard, or Stevie? Stevie has his fun, but as I've said earlier, he's a hard worker (nevermind that he doesnt work in the offseason, that was debunked) and he does what he has to on the field.

Since CV-69 is actually the hull number for the USS Eisenhower, this will likely get some bad press.

I think it's pretty funny.

But not the right thing to do.

I'll take your word for it, but I thought the old Carrier JFK was #69..

theres often an idea that if you like a player, you cant criticize any of his choices - especially off the field. good players are just "having fun" or "young guys" or "boys being boys" when they do something knuckleheaded.

Well, nobody every accused this site or Bills fans at large for being homer-free zones! :-)

I'll add that I think there's a radical element out there that still wishes to see Stevie fall flat, only because, he is immature. To those I would say, who's the immature one, the one wishing he fell hard, or Stevie? Stevie has his fun, but as I've said earlier, he's a hard worker (nevermind that he doesnt work in the offseason, that was debunked) and he does what he has to on the field.

can we draw a distinction between him failing and him being overtaken by a youth movement, the latter (though highly unlikely) translating to team-wide benefit?

I'll take your word for it, but I thought the old Carrier JFK was #69..

Yep, I just confirmed. It is the Eisenhower. My brother did 3 years there and my dad and I were lucky to do a Tiger Cruise on it back in 1984 or 1985.

EDIT: JFK was CV-67.

Edited by Gugny

It's like he's not satisfied until somebody's feathers are ruffled.

Go ahead and ignore this fact and remind me again what indispensable leader he is on this team, how as the 20th best wide receiver in the league we should consider ourselves fortunate to have him.

Love what he can do on the field, hate the way he conducts himself like a 12 year old EVERY CHANCE HE GETS.

Relax big cat. It's not that big a deal, like at all.

Well, nobody every accused this site or Bills fans at large for being homer-free zones! :-)

can we draw a distinction between him failing and him being overtaken by a youth movement, the latter (though highly unlikely) translating to team-wide benefit?

I'm one of those who would hope it means that it would be the latter as it would be a team-wide benefit. That would mean that as good as Stevie is, the others are just better. In that case, WATCH OUT NFL!!!

I'm sure stevie himself has nothing to do with this. That picture was probably taken some other time for his own private use (instagram, twitter, etc) and whoever works for the Bills who was idiotic enough to not see what his shirt says is the one who should be blamed.

Doesn't make him immature. There are plenty of mature, hard working adults who appreciate crude humor. Seems a complete non-issue.

Yup.

Don't understand the comments on here either that question his leadership skills because of the shirt. Imagine the list of perceived "great leaders" that were actually total dbags. As Goose would say, it's long and distinguished.