Let's go to Golden Corral for dinner...

Just Jack

One thing that stood out to me was something I learned years ago as a 12-year-old working as a dishwasher in my parent's diner, and ultimately as dishwasher at numerous other restaurants in my early teens: when the dishwasher doesn't show up for work, no one finds it necessary to cover for him.

i am gonna call bull ****....over 25 years ago i worked at a fast food restaurant, and unless standards have changed that much...the dumpster area was always a part of the inspection...i really hope that standards haven't changed even for places like this that don't always carry the best gastronomic reputation that other food service places have....

i am gonna call bull ****....over 25 years ago i worked at a fast food restaurant, and unless standards have changed that much...the dumpster area was always a part of the inspection...i really hope that standards haven't changed even for places like this that don't always carry the best gastronomic reputation that other food service places have....

I would think so, too. I didn't question it, but I thought about it.

In NC they have to display their food rating score in both the drive thru and inside where it can easily be seen when entering. I like the feature, though, only stopped from ordering at one place in all this time here. However, the confusing thing is a score of 98 is not that high because it tops out at like 119 or something foolish.

I love Golden Corral. Best fried chicken, steak, mashed potatoes, veggies, and yeast rolls around. They even used to have all you can eat crab legs years ago. I've eaten there dozens of times and never got ill. However my kids got sick one time when in Orlando and it ruined our two days at Disney World. The kids were miserable and up all night vomiting and had diarrhea for two days. I nearly cried as I saved up for the trip for years which was ruined. Still eat there though. The employees are the same caliber people that work at Burger King and Taco Bell so you do take a chance when eating there. Somebody screwed up in that video. If that food was to be disposed of, it should have never been brought to the dumpster in the buffett serving trays. How could the manager have allowed that to happen?

Edited by DDD

ill second this. I was a asst GM at a Buffalo Wild Wings in Vegas, and a bartender and server at one here in Buffalo, also worked in multiple Pizza joints ranging anywhere from delivery driver to manager, Burger King, and some local resturaunts an I can say that the dumpster areas were always part of the inspection.

Even so, if it wasn't, why hide all that food back there? It didn't look like the meat and ribs looked bad at all. Didn't notice any brown on the meat, or grey. Looked fairly fresh to me. (Disclosure, I'm watching from my cell phone so some detail may be left out). If that was the case, why not just have the food in the coolers like its supposed to be?

Something doesn't make sense. Sounds like a prank, or maybe some disgruntled employee trying to get his @$$holeanager fired. Who knows.

yeah, thanks. forgot it - but the closest one is like 30 minutes away.

30 minutes away? Do you live in a town that has a population of 150?

So what you do is make a trip out of it. Go to Cold Stone, spend a couple hours in the area and then head home.

After viewing these damning and truly disgusting pics I can safely say that my opinion of Golden Corral is completely unchanged.

Ditto. Other than the food being disgusting, the clientele make it more of a "try to eat without puking before you leave" than an "all you can eat," restaurant.

Unless, of course, you like seeing obese poor people with no underwear wearing sweatpants with open toe sandals.

!@#$ing gross.

Of course that kitchen is a mess .... All those poor employees have to wear white boxes covering their heads.

I shouldn't say I only go to restaurants with open kitchens but most of them do. I always look (inconspicuous as possible) as much as I can to see how clean it is at what the chefs look like. One restaurant we go to the you can eat at the bar like seating with the chef right in front of you cooking. You see all the ingredients and how he is preparing them. Kinda fun actually. Never had a bad meal there.

http://mangia-mi.com/

ill second this. I was a asst GM at a Buffalo Wild Wings in Vegas, and a bartender and server at one here in Buffalo, also worked in multiple Pizza joints ranging anywhere from delivery driver to manager, Burger King, and some local resturaunts an I can say that the dumpster areas were always part of the inspection.

Even so, if it wasn't, why hide all that food back there? It didn't look like the meat and ribs looked bad at all. Didn't notice any brown on the meat, or grey. Looked fairly fresh to me. (Disclosure, I'm watching from my cell phone so some detail may be left out). If that was the case, why not just have the food in the coolers like its supposed to be?

Something doesn't make sense. Sounds like a prank, or maybe some disgruntled employee trying to get his @$$holeanager fired. Who knows.

the kid did try to blackmail GC into paying him not to release the video.

I dont need an exposé to know that Golden Corral is a filthy germ hole. Their main selling point is the cesspool of a chocolate fountain that just recycles the scum of all their clientele for everyone else to eat.

Yup! Every time I see a commercial for that filth box I throw up in my mouth a little.

After viewing these damning and truly disgusting pics I can safely say that my opinion of Golden Corral is completely unchanged.

Ha!