EJ Seeks Veteran Wisdom from Aaron Rodgers

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing but positives from this kid from Draft Day forward.

Why am I nervous??

Because, we are Bills fans and it is getting closer to the regular season.

Love the kid more and more.

I'm with you Bandit. The only one I wanted as well. He's gonna be good. Really good.

Fingers crossed.

he is the only one I wanted in the first round, and really surprised the bills took him. I was really expecting them to take a player I didn't want. Though I would have taken Tyler Wilson in one of the later rounds as well. But first round, only EJ.

he is the only one I wanted in the first round, and really surprised the bills took him. I was really expecting them to take a player I didn't want. Though I would have taken Tyler Wilson in one of the later rounds as well. But first round, only EJ.

Pretty much exactly how I felt.

All I can think of, when I read this, is Kevin Kolb clearing his throat a few times, and muttering "what about my vetran wisdom?" :lol:

I don't mind kolb starting. He has more talent than Fitz, but not as tough. IF Kolb is the starter, chances are he will get injured by the 5th game the latest and EJ will be out there.

Though EJ might not be ready then. EJ has everything to be a great QB. His early success will determine how quickly he can pick up reading an nfl defense. That is the one thing about him that makes me nervous, because it is the one thing we won't know for sure until we see him play an nfl team. He is a smart kid, but being smart and football smart are two different things.

Either way, I am glad they made this pick. This was a go big or go home moment. This kid has physical tools that Barkley/Nassib can only dream of, and a far better leader than Geno. Barkley might/nassib might not have been the worst that could have happened to us, but I don't think their ceiling is high enough to where they can compete with the RGIIIs, Bradys, and Lucks of the nfl.

Discount Double Check!

:lol:

Seriously, in the grand scheme it doesn't mean a helluva lot but you gotta love it.

As much as Fitz was a standup guy, team player, etc he never went out on his own and consulted with a QB guru like Brady, Manning, and all the greats do… voluntarily and on their own time.

Every year Brady would work out with Tom Martinez and more recently, Tom House (who also works with Drew Brees and Carson Palmer).

Peyton and Eli work out every year with David Cutcliffe.

Before the draft EJ worked out with Ken Mastrole.

I'm still trying to figure out why the !@#$ Fitz felt that he was above having extra coaching, especially after he signed that contract extension.

Sorry about the tangent. Anyways, kudos to EJ.

I'm on the hot seat now because I wanted the Bills to draft EJ at #8 and I wanted the Bills to take Cordy Glenn in the first round last year at #10 so for the first time in my life the Bills ended up with the two guys I wanted them to draft in the first round in consecutive years, even getting both of them at a discount.

To me EJ and Cordy are cornerstones of this team along with Spiller, Stevie, Wood, Gilmore, and hopefully, Byrd. I really love the talent on this team and am (as usual) very optimistic for the upcoming season.

I would imagine he'll have words with Jim Kelly from time to time as well. EJ talking to Aaron Rodgers may not mean much as SJBF says, but it is a data point that the kid is trying to learn as much as he can before being thrown into the fire. Its a good thing.

Like a lot of you guys, I'm pretty stoked about the upcoming season; more than I have been in recent years.

Sure hope its justified !! LOL.

I wish he would recap what they talked about that would be an interesting fly on the wall conversation. I'm curious what questions he asked.

How do you spend 6 months of your life in the Cold Tundra !!!

He wants it. Good to see. After 20 years of busts, duds, misses and flame outs, maybe they got one right. Bills are due.

I remember Trent Edwards arranging weekly gathering at his home with Poz, Peters etc....They wanted to build a camraderie. Also, to Losman's benefit, he had a 1-on-1 tutoring by the guy who invented the K-Gun.

Glad to hear this... much better than tweeting about hanging out with trouble. Hopefully this kid has the skills on the field too.

Glad to hear this... much better than tweeting about hanging out with trouble. Hopefully this kid has the skills on the field too.

I hope Aaron Hernandez isn't upset about him talking to Rogers

I am a fan of EJ and I don't mind this move but really, we don't need to be such suckers for PR. I can remember the last time a Bills prospect did this because it was also with a Green Bay QB. Has everybody forgotten JP's visit with Favre, the little red shorts, etc?

It's fine to feel good about it, but if it provides EJ with any edge it is going to be marginal.

This.

I know, I know, wait till he gets on the field. But last i checked, neither trentative or losman in their rookie campaign went to try and seek advice from one of the best QB's in the game. He's embracing the leadership and taking the initiative on learning what it takes to be the best. I appreciate that.

http://blogs.buffalo...veteran-wisdom/

I wish he would recap what they talked about that would be an interesting fly on the wall conversation. I'm curious what questions he asked.

Chris Brown strikes again. Suckers!

Sooooo he went to Rodgers to ask what it's like to sit for a few years?

Rogers sat behind Farve.

Sitting behind Kolb wouldn't exactly be the same waiting period in my mind, if that happens.

Edited by The Wiz

I see what you did there..

Sweet t shirt idea right...? Only drawback is the backhanded reference to futility.

Rogers sat behind Farve.

Sitting behind Kolb wouldn't exactly be the same waiting period in my mind, if that happens.

Kolb is a fragile while Bledsoe-like statue back there. By week 6 end bills will have met jets, pats, Ravens, Bengals, Browns and panthers.

If history is any predictor, Kolb's going to struggle to stay healthy through that list which includes some stout defenses with legit pass rushing.

I'm on the hot seat now because I wanted the Bills to draft EJ at #8 and I wanted the Bills to take Cordy Glenn in the first round last year at #10 so for the first time in my life the Bills ended up with the two guys I wanted them to draft in the first round in consecutive years, even getting both of them at a discount.

To me EJ and Cordy are cornerstones of this team along with Spiller, Stevie, Wood, Gilmore, and hopefully, Byrd. I really love the talent on this team and am (as usual) very optimistic for the upcoming season.

im with you in this. Surprisingly, I wanted EJ and Glenn also. The best part about these guys and these picks, is that me and you finally find out if we're NFL GM worthy. Lol

im with you in this. Surprisingly, I wanted EJ and Glenn also. The best part about these guys and these picks, is that me and you finally find out if we're NFL GM worthy. Lol

I thought you were a Ford guy.

:)

Speaking of which, I'm sure we'd at least be worthy enough to GM the Detroit Lions.