Chandler determined to be ready.

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2013/07/01/chandler-determined-to-be-ready/

“My guess I’m not just going to go in there all the way,” Chandler told Buffalobills.com of his participation in camp practices. ”I’m just worried about getting my lungs in shape and my legs. That’s what this next month and a half is for. It’s not vacation. It’s nothing like that. I’m going to be working just as hard as I have been and I’m going to be ready to go.”[/Quote]

He's a month ahead of schedule. This is something we can all be happy about. I know I feel much better knowing we will have Chandler out there.

Edited by Ralph W.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thats great news. being ready for week one was my big concern seeing him carted off in december.

between a potential young qb starting, and a definitely young WR group he will be a nice asset.

Edited by NoSaint

thats great news. being ready for week one was my big concern seeing him carted off in december.

between a potential young qb starting, and a definitely young WR group he will be a nice asset.

No doubt, the big fella with provide a nice big target for whoever is qb. With the speedsters the Bills now have i would look for Chandlers numbers to increase some.

I hope he's back and in good shape. He's not a game changer, but he's one of those guys that has hands you can depend on, and with a young WR group, that'll be a great thing to have.

I think he IS a game changer. 40 catches and 6 td's every year for a TE is great. He had just as many TD's as Stevie Johnson and CJ last year. Runs tough routes, great hands, huge target at 6 foot 7. You're right about the young WR's and the need for experienced targets out there. He's going to be EJ's first NFL TD pass.........

Hooray, this is great news--though I still wish we had another decent TE to complement Chandler so we could run some double TE packages like certain other evil teams (used) to do. I wonder if Dickerson or Gragg can step up to play such a role this year?

I think he IS a game changer. 40 catches and 6 td's every year for a TE is great. He had just as many TD's as Stevie Johnson and CJ last year. Runs tough routes, great hands, huge target at 6 foot 7. You're right about the young WR's and the need for experienced targets out there. He's going to be EJ's first NFL TD pass.........

I guess I mean game changer in the "flashy" sort of way, sorry for the miscommunication.

Great post ... Every QB needs a reliable or fall back target and TEs often fill this role,

No doubt, the big fella with provide a nice big target for whoever is qb. With the speedsters the Bills now have i would look for Chandlers numbers to increase some.

Indeed. I'm hoping the speedsters open up a lot of space over the middle and underneath for Chandler to exploit.

Stevie will lead the team in REC this season but I'm thinking Chandler and Spiller will both ending up having 50+ or close to it. Rookie QB means dump-offs and and a TE who can be a great safety valve.

Great post ... Every QB needs a reliable or fall back target and TEs often fill this role,

Especially rookie QBs

i tend to agree with you. moving the chains, providing a huge red zone target, and providing an outlet that your (hopefully rookie) qb can trust could absolutely be a game changer,

This kid is a great red zone threat very hard to defend in the short area and great target.

Dependable and consistent.

As you guys nailed , the whole Bills world changes when the deep passing game develops and the field opens up.

Love the Chandler

He just might be a watered down version of Jimmy Graham in Marrone's offense. The physical measurable seems to be fairly comparable except that Graham is significantly faster. I wouldn't be too surprised if our offense favored a Parcells' type of game plan, play some safe power football, taking some calculated shots down the field, having one to two game changing plays and not going into a game with a heavy play book. Playing error free football is more important than having a complex strategy (Chan Gaily). Marrone/Hackett has clearly stated that our offense will be uptempo and simplistic. I suspect that Marrone is hammering fundamental football to our players on both sides of the ball.

Amazing to think he injured himself in December, had surgery in January, and was back last month for minicamp.

Kind of scares me. Even if his muscle strength is back to 100%, the actual ACL needs to rebuild. I've had two replaced myself. It's a weird procedure. They thread a cadaver's ligament into where the old one was, then new ligament grows around it. It takes time. I hope they're not rushing him.

Indeed. I'm hoping the speedsters open up a lot of space over the middle and underneath for Chandler to exploit.

Thinking the same thing myself. With all those burners on the wings it's got to open up the underneath stuff and Chandler's got good hands.

Kind of scares me. Even if his muscle strength is back to 100%, the actual ACL needs to rebuild. I've had two replaced myself. It's a weird procedure. They thread a cadaver's ligament into where the old one was, then new ligament grows around it. It takes time. I hope they're not rushing him.

The ACL doesn't need to rebuild. The graft tunnel needs to heal.

Bobby Chandler?

Bobby Chandler was a great reciever. Great hands. He led the NFL in receptions from 1975-1977 with 176. I was very happy he got a chance to win a superbowl before his career ended. He was my favorite player as a kid. He died way too young. RIP Bobby

Thinking the same thing myself. With all those burners on the wings it's got to open up the underneath stuff and Chandler's got good hands.

Exactly my thought. The Bills will have to hit a couple 30+ passes early on in the year to keep teams honest. They have the guys now to get behind the DB's, lets hope Manuel or Kolb can make the throw on the money.