Patriots' Hernandez arrested in homicide investigation

So is he still innocent ? Or...are you changing your tune? Please, no spin. I say he's in BIG trouble. You say....what?

He's in major trouble. Destroying evidence is bad.

Wait, let me rephrase that. Damaging evidence but not making it completely disappear is bad.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So is he still innocent ? Or...are you changing your tune? Please, no spin. I say he's in BIG trouble. You say....what?

I've never said he was innocent. I've repeated, especially at early stages with unreliable media, that we didnt know much of the story and there were a lot of ways it could break. Assuming reports coming out are true, which isnt a given, it sounds like he has likely committed illegal acts. What those acts amount to and what can be proven are still pretty widely unknown. They may have proof he shot the guy execution style, or its possible one of his friends might have been messing around drunk with a gun and accidentally had it go off and they were trying to cover it up. Those would be COMPLETELY different discussions.

Yesterday all we knew was 1) an unnamed guy was dead 2) the body was near his house 3) police wanted to talk to him 4) he did not want to talk to police.

Too reasonable?

God I would hate the NFL if guys like Fitz or Tebow got to play just b.c they were "Swell guys." Imagine if someone took your job not b.c of his talent and knowledge but b.c he was just a nicer guy then you. He sucks at his job but hey, he sure is nice.

How about this take common sense and realize that these people should never be role models for your kids. YOU as the parent should be your kids role model.

+1

I've never said he was innocent. I've repeated, especially at early stages with unreliable media, that we didnt know much of the story and there were a lot of ways it could break. Assuming reports coming out are true, which isnt a given, it sounds like he has likely committed illegal acts. What those acts amount to and what can be proven are still pretty widely unknown. They may have proof he shot the guy execution style, or its possible one of his friends might have been messing around drunk with a gun and accidentally had it go off and they were trying to cover it up. Those would be COMPLETELY different discussions.

Yesterday all we knew was 1) an unnamed guy was dead 2) the body was near his house 3) police wanted to talk to him 4) he did not want to talk to police.

Too reasonable?

And...

5) for a long time, he has been widely known to be a hot-headed douchebag (why leave that out?).

Edited by Marauder'sMicro

And...

5) for a long time, he has been widely known to be a hot-headed douchebag (why leave that out?).

Because before tuesday you'd be hardpressed to find a report on any incidents beyond "failed a couple drug tests in college."

Edited by NoSaint

Seems like such a delicate situation. I think he likely assisted in some shady **** but I don't want to call the guy guilty till all the facts come out.

Breaking evidence and scrubbing down a potential crime scene are the signs of someone guilty.

so much smoke here. Destroyed cell phones, destroyed surveillance equipment, sanitized his house, victims car is a rental in Hernandez's name, body discovered less than a mile from his house . . . . hmmmm - he's guilty of something here.

On a sunnier note - the Pat's TE strength has gotten a lot thinner - good for the rest of the NFL!!!

What? too soon?

good......lock this "thug" up

no excuse to act like a hoodlum when you have millions in your bank acct. IMO. sounds like this is the 2nd guy he's shot this year (court case from another guy he shot is in the pipeline)

enjoy the jailtime Hernandez, time to grow up dummy.

At least OoJ.

Very likely but they still have to prove what he did/knew, and even if they can prove that it's still a far stretch from murder in how it'll effect his life/career.

A destroyed security system doesn't prove AH has destroyed it, for instance. Was the cleaning crew an every monday service, or did they call on one specifically this week? Was he involved? It's sounding pretty likely, but until we have details on to what extent and what evidence they have - they could charge him on obstruction and plea down from there and he ends up pretty Scott free... He's got a great lawyer, and money to create storylines if needed. Even with more reasons to think he's implicated, legally it could go a lot of ways. He could still walk away from this a lot more Ray Lewis than Rae Carruth

Edited by NoSaint