Patriots' Hernandez arrested in homicide investigation

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure if a jury of Pats* fans will convict him, but the timeline shown in the Yahoo story as laid out by the prosecutor is very compelling.

It reads like a primer on how NOT to kill someone. Rent a car, make sure you're seen on multiple cameras, with a gun. Make sure you leave evidence at the scene of the crime. Make sure you leave the same evidence in the car rented in your name. Make sure the victim texts that he's with you two minutes before you kill him. Make sure you commit the murder near your house. Make sure you're seen leaving the scene of the crime and arriving at your house in the exact amount of time it takes to get from the scent to your house. And make sure you have a record of picking up the victim, and a record of your motive for killing the victim.

If you were writing a script for a comedy mob movie, and are including the world's most incompetent hit, this would be it.

It reads like a primer on how NOT to kill someone. Rent a car, make sure you're seen on multiple cameras, with a gun. Make sure you leave evidence at the scene of the crime. Make sure you leave the same evidence in the car rented in your name. Make sure the victim texts that he's with you two minutes before you kill him. Make sure you commit the murder near your house. Make sure you're seen leaving the scene of the crime and arriving at your house in the exact amount of time it takes to get from the scent to your house. And make sure you have a record of picking up the victim, and a record of your motive for killing the victim.

If you were writing a script for a comedy mob movie, and are including the world's most incompetent hit, this would be it.

Pretty much sums it up. Probably a stellar student at UF, undoubtedly taking on a rigorous curriculum that would prepare him for life after football.

Apparently surveillance from AH's home shows him arriving back home after the murder carrying a large black gun. If they can determine what kind of gun it is/whether it shoots .45s, it's over.

So what you're saying is that he'll beat the rap and end up in jail a few years from now for stealing memorabilia?

I haven't been on TSW in awhile, but I did come here to read some of the responses on the AH crime situation. Not to bash anyone, but I'm surprised about the lack of clarity on this subject.

This case is so simple, it's mind blowing to read some of the comments that I've read. I've read the entire thread and it took me awhile to read, but I'm stunned with what I've read.

I don't know if it's because some of the posters are young, but the lack of critical thinking is alarming. I have access to ESPN at work in the hallways and I was getting updates as I was walking by the TVs.

Here's what I thought as the case progressed: It was clear from the beginning that AH was guilty. It was clear that the police focused on him from the beginning and it was clear that he was the prime suspect.

In the early going, published reports said he wasn't a suspect, but it's clear from the actions of the police department, that he was the prime suspect from the very beginning.

In fact, they knew he was guilty the first time they talked to him. They just had to finish the case and get all the facts lined up for the DA.

I think some of the things that I've read about him being suspended for the year from the NFL, or that this could go to training camp were unbelievable

I also think the Pats knew they were going to release him long before they did. Most NFL security people have law enforcement backgrounds, so they were on this the whole time.

I know it's easy to post with hindsight being 20/20, but this guy had a history and from police action, it's crystal clear they had their guy.

I haven't been on TSW in awhile, but I did come here to read some of the responses on the AH crime situation. Not to bash anyone, but I'm surprised about the lack of clarity on this subject.

This case is so simple, it's mind blowing to read some of the comments that I've read. I've read the entire thread and it took me awhile to read, but I'm stunned with what I've read.

I don't know if it's because some of the posters are young, but the lack of critical thinking is alarming. I have access to ESPN at work in the hallways and I was getting updates as I was walking by the TVs.

Here's what I thought as the case progressed: It was clear from the beginning that AH was guilty. It was clear that the police focused on him from the beginning and it was clear that he was the prime suspect.

In the early going, published reports said he wasn't a suspect, but it's clear from the actions of the police department, that he was the prime suspect from the very beginning.

In fact, they knew he was guilty the first time they talked to him. They just had to finish the case and get all the facts lined up for the DA.

I think some of the things that I've read about him being suspended for the year from the NFL, or that this could go to training camp were unbelievable

I also think the Pats knew they were going to release him long before they did. Most NFL security people have law enforcement backgrounds, so they were on this the whole time.

I know it's easy to post with hindsight being 20/20, but this guy had a history and from police action, it's crystal clear they had their guy.

Well, with all that hindsight you might change your name to Major or Colonel Hindsight.

@SI_PeterKing

Did the Patriots get good value at 113 for a guy who gave them 175 catches in 3 regular seasons? Yes. Very good

What a Pats* homer (and a bit of a ridiculous statement, particularly when considering what they paid for him both monetarily with last year's extension and PR-wise)....

Well, with all that hindsight you might change your name to Major or Colonel Hindsight.

I agree. Extremely lame post, RLFlutie7. It doesnt get much worse than bashing all other posters with an after the fact post that you knew it all along. There isn't one poster who couldn't have written your brazen post verbatim. Everybody else just chose not to be so lame..

I agree. Extremely lame post, RLFlutie7. It doesnt get much worse than bashing all other posters with an after the fact post that you knew it all along. There isn't one poster who couldn't have written your brazen post verbatim. Everybody else just chose not to be so lame..

I was more making a joke that Captain Hindsight may have competition.

Either way, yeah, it is pretty rough getting in to the mix after the butters been churned.

I can't figure out what you're blathering on about. Why don't you save your anger for the guy who KILLED SOMEONE?

Lemme guess, you knew the Marathon Bomber was hiding in the boat all along??

I should have said I felt like I was reading some pollyannaish posts. The guy was guilty and to sit here and type in some lame excuses about how he could possibly be in the wrong place at the wrong time or something like that or the gun could have fired by accident is somehow just stupid to me. I guess I wanted more about how he was guilty rather than how he could be innocent.

\

Come on man, it was clear he was the prime suspect. Just like OJ.

What a Pats* homer (and a bit of a ridiculous statement, particularly when considering what they paid for him both monetarily with last year's extension and PR-wise)....

It's a tough balance sometimes and the Pats got an outcome I've said before may be the worst with these guys.

Take the shot, have them excel, build around the expectation that they will do well and then have them instantly shatter all that killing you financially cause you JUST gave them big dollars and maybe passed on better long term options

It's not the end of the world - figure, what, about 15m and a 4th rounder were burned today, plus some future cap implications? They got a lot out of him over the course of the 3 years, even at the dollars and pick paid.

Something like this maybe?

Crippling? No

Disaster? Yes

Success? No

Edited by NoSaint

Exactly :doh:

I just read this entire board for the last 2 years. If you guys didn't see us signing mario Williams, hiring Doug marrone, and drafting ej Manuel, you're a bunch of idiots.

You forgot firing Chan, Buddy stepping down, and Kelly getting cancer.