The possible end of an era for Buffalo as a franchise

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is not a Ralph Wilson should go away post. I have not heard anyone go into depth about what this upcoming season could bring if Ralph Wilson passes during the season.

Let's say hypothetically the Bills finish 4-12, as many experts expect us to do. E.J. Manuels rookie season looks more like Blaine Gabberts than RG3s, which is fairly likely if history is any indicator for this team. Doug Marrone does a decent but not great job in his first year (also likely). And Ralph Wilson passes during the season. What would happen?

Although there are a lot of hypothiticals there is a good chance all of this may happen.

My thoughts would be the Wilson family would sell the team to the highest bidder and the new owners would likely want to start from scratch (Brandon included) with a team that missed the playoffs for a 14th straight year and a QB and coach that did not show any great potential in this league. My guess is we might be talking about drafting Manziel with 1 of the top 3 picks in next years draft.

I hope this is not the way the season plays out but then again it might all be for the best. So assuming Manuel, Marone, and the Bills struggle which is fairly likely and Wilson passes what do you think happens to the Buffalo Bills next offseason?

You said that this is not a "If Ralph Wilson Goes away" and yet everything is on the premise that RW passes away. Pass

If Ralph Wilson dies during halftime in the Week 1 game and we're leading by 13 and get the ball to start the 3rd quarter, do we run?

You're asking a question that's very difficult to answer without all the facts. If the lead by 13 is because we scored two touchdowns and missed an extra point yes we run, if no extra point kicks were missed it's clear we would pass.

Sorry to upset so many people with this question. But I feel it is a huge issue to not think about for this upcoming season.

The fact that we could very well be in this same position at this time next year with a new "owner", staff, and QB.

Edited by Estelle Getty

Sorry to upset so many people with this question. But I feel it is a huge issue to not think about for this upcoming season.

The fact that we could very well be in this same position at this time next year with a new "owner", staff, and QB.

And we could also very well not.

First off, didn't they sign a long term lease agreement?

new owner will buy it out and move the team. money will not be an object . NFL teams with 6 games every year against Pats, Jets and Phins don't come along very often, most of the old owners are dead or gone, another team potentially will not come around for quite a while.

This is not a Ralph Wilson should go away post. I have not heard anyone go into depth about what this upcoming season could bring if Ralph Wilson passes during the season.

Let's say hypothetically the Bills finish 4-12, as many experts expect us to do. E.J. Manuels rookie season looks more like Blaine Gabberts than RG3s, which is fairly likely if history is any indicator for this team. Doug Marrone does a decent but not great job in his first year (also likely). And Ralph Wilson passes during the season. What would happen?

Although there are a lot of hypothiticals there is a good chance all of this may happen.

My thoughts would be the Wilson family would sell the team to the highest bidder and the new owners would likely want to start from scratch (Brandon included) with a team that missed the playoffs for a 14th straight year and a QB and coach that did not show any great potential in this league. My guess is we might be talking about drafting Manziel with 1 of the top 3 picks in next years draft.

I hope this is not the way the season plays out but then again it might all be for the best. So assuming Manuel, Marone, and the Bills struggle which is fairly likely and Wilson passes what do you think happens to the Buffalo Bills next offseason?

The Bills will be fine.

I'm assuming you are not a motivational speaker, if so you should consider a occupational change!

Such doom and gloom after all the positives coming out of camp.

Just grab a big ol' jug of the kool-aid and swig it down like the rest of us!

Way too many hypothiticals to even get worked up over.

:beer:

+1 and get back on your meds would ya.