Interesting comment by Brian Moorman about the past Bills

Moorman has been signed by the Pittsburgh Steelers to compete with incumbent Butler. Here is a snippet from his comment to Post Gazette.

Moorman, on the other hand, just seems to be thrilled to be on a team whose standard of what constitutes a good season is higher than most:

It’s one of the big reasons I chose the Steelers,” Moorman said. “I have a deep belief that last year was definitely an anomaly with this organization. I’ve come from a team and played a long time when we weren’t too terribly upset with 8-8. I promise you that they are here.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Moorman has been signed by the Pittsburgh Steelers to compete with incumbent Butler. Here is a snippet from his comment to Post Gazette.

Moorman, on the other hand, just seems to be thrilled to be on a team whose standard of what constitutes a good season is higher than most:

It’s one of the big reasons I chose the Steelers,” Moorman said. “I have a deep belief that last year was definitely an anomaly with this organization. I’ve come from a team and played a long time when we weren’t too terribly upset with 8-8. I promise you that they are here.

I'd be hard pressed to insult a team that I was actually played on...goes to show what kind of a team player he is. So long loser!

I wonder if the Bills ever make it back to the playoffs, will they tear down the goal posts (like in 1988) and throw a parade for the team?

The Bills have been an embarrassment for such a long time. Maybe the new youth movement can turn things around?

I'd be hard pressed to insult a team that I was actually played on...goes to show what kind of a team player he is. So long loser!

Well he certainly didnt come from a winning culture... Fail to see how you can call him a loser for being honest.

Well he certainly didnt come from a winning culture... Fail to see how you can call him a loser for being honest.

He's definitely right about about our culture but at the end of the day he's a punter and really needs to shut his trap. They don't practice with the team and are off in their own little world. When's the last time you heard about a punters will to win?

Hey Moorman, Buffalo loved you and had almost always great things to say about you. Now how about shut your damn mouth.

If he was so worried about our culture of losing why didn't he do more about it? That's because he was a punter.

He's a loser because he pointed out that he came from a team that lost...Simple as that...

Ill just assume this is about his stint with the cowboys and ignore it

It's a lot easier to get outraged at being 8-8 when it happens once every 5 years, between numerous playoff runs and Super Bowl appearances.

When you're the bills and you are 8-8 for a decade, outrage probably turns to despondency.

Is this like a chicken and egg question? Are they good because they are intolerant of mediocrity or are they intolerant of mediocrity because they are good?

I wonder if the Bills ever make it back to the playoffs, will they tear down the goal posts (like in 1988) and throw a parade for the team?

The Bills have been an embarrassment for such a long time. Maybe the new youth movement can turn things around?

That's actually something I hope I do not see - the Bills achieve a small measure of success - like a wildcard appearance - and go out swinging, and the fans are so enamored with finally getting back to the playoffs that they go crazy and celebrate just making it in as a wildcard. I think, as the original post suggests, the Bills need to get back to having Championship standards.