Chuck Norris personally selects NFL team for quarterback Tim Tebow

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure what you're reading because the article by Dan Hanzus was mocking and scornful of both Norris and Tebow.

Also, to judge Norris' work you might want to actually link to it:

http://www.wnd.com/2013/05/the-ultimate-clutch-player/

I corrected the link error 11 minutes before your post. I figured someone being complimentary of Tebow would make you a bit disoriented. :)

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

I think for sure Tebow should go to Canada where he can show over time whether he has it at qb or not. Flutie and Warren Moon did that. I don't see him getting a shot with an NFL team right now.

Why not jags now? Seriously where are they going with gabbert and henne

Nobody wants to deal with the circus that he and his holier than thou, cultist followers bring. Plus there's the whole thing about him being a horrible NFL quarterback. I don't blame Jackdonville one bit for not wanting any part of him.

Why? Because he can't throw a football -- which is usually the #1 qualification of an NFL quarterback.

Nobody wants to deal with the circus that he and his holier than thou, cultist followers bring. Plus there's the whole thing about him being a horrible NFL quarterback. I don't blame Jackdonville one bit for not wanting any part of him.

Look I know its fashionable these days to say tebow sucks etc. But he had a terrific record in college, engineered several comebacks for Denver, and he was stellar in the playoff upset against steelers. Norris is right: you can't take that away from him. If I were a jags fan I'd feel better about the teams future than I would with gabbert or henne. Neither of which have accomplished anywhere near as much as tebow in the NFL, and having had more starts to prove it. And as a non-jags fan, I'd find them more worth watching.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

Look I know its fashionable these days to say tebow sucks etc. But he had a terrific record in college, engineered several comebacks for Denver, and he was stellar in the playoff upset against steelers. Norris is right: you can't take that away from him. If I were a jags fan I'd feel better about the teams future than I would with gabbert or henne. Neither of which have accomplished anywhere near as much as tebow in the NFL, and having had more starts to prove it. And as a non-jags fan, I'd find them more worth watching.

Tebow had a much better team around him in Denver than Gabbert has in Jax. You seem to fail to realize this... Same thing can be said of Tebow in Florida. Talent differential between the Gators and most of the rest of the other College teams played more of a role in the Gator's record than Tebows non-existent QB skills.

There is a reason that Elway cut ties with Tebow even despite his "stellar" playoff win. This win was really more of a function of Lebeau making a huge mistake by choosing to stack the box and making his defense vulnerable to even the most basic throw. How well did Tebow do agains the Pats in the next game where the Pats just fielded a vanilla defense?

Tebow had a much better team around him in Denver than Gabbert has in Jax. You seem to fail to realize this... Same thing can be said of Tebow in Florida. Talent differential between the Gators and most of the rest of the other College teams played more of a role in the Gator's record than Tebows non-existent QB skills.

There is a reason that Elway cut ties with Tebow even despite his "stellar" playoff win. This win was really more of a function of Lebeau making a huge mistake by choosing to stack the box and making his defense vulnerable to even the most basic throw. How well did Tebow do agains the Pats in the next game where the Pats just fielded a vanilla defense?

When tebow took over from orten broncos were 1-4 and headed no where. Next thing you know they're in the playoffs and upsetting steelers. Again, you can't take away the fact they were a better team with him. They went no further in playoffs with manning (who had benefit of starting the entire season). If the standard is manning - level performance he's a far better prospect than gabbert or henne.

When tebow took over from orten broncos were 1-4 and headed no where. Next thing you know they're in the playoffs and upsetting steelers. Again, you can't take away the fact they were a better team with him. They went no further in playoffs with manning (who had benefit of starting the entire season). If the standard is manning - level performance he's a far better prospect than gabbert or henne.

Tebow also went 1-4 in his last 5 games that year. And it took a miracle to get that one win. In that miracle playoff win, he still completed less than 50% of his passes.

Edited by biglukes

Get on the phone with the Jags GM David Caldwell, I'm sure you can change his mind and convince him that Tebow is better than Henne and Gabbert. :lol:

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Good god, man, it never ends with you. Please find me ONE NFL talent evaluator who thinks Tebow deserves a shot to start in the NFL. Just one.

From the linked article in the OP, regarding the Jags owner citing Martin Luther King Jr. as an influence:

So let me respectfully challenge Mr. Khan to consider these words from Dr. King: “There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

How is this issue an ethical one? Only if one takes the stance that Tebow's banishment is due to his religious conviction, which is most certainly not the case. I'd wager Chuck Norris wouldn't be commenting on Tebow if he were openly an atheist.

You may want to reconsider your stance on an isssue when on one side is every single NFL GM and every last credible NFL analyst and on the other side is Chuck Norris.

Edited by metzelaars_lives

Fashionable? Try factual.

As much as I like Chuck Norris, he's a football idiot. Go back and look at the "games that Tebow won" in Denver, and you'll see an inspired Broncos defense keeping the team in the hunt until the offense could finally score. You will see futile 3 and outs over and over again, with Tebow missing wildly on passing plays less than 10 yards. Chuck Norris may like Tim Tebow and he probably wrote what he did because he wants him to have a chance. None the less, Tebow is just too horrible as an NFL quarterback to work out for anyone. That doesn't take away from his college career at all or his success at that level.

You may want to reconsider your stance on an isssue when on one side is every single NFL GM and every last credible NFL analyst and on the other side is Chuck Norris.

All it takes is for someone to sign him (which could happen anytime) to change that. That argument is further weakened by examples of guys who were out of the league and came back to have success like Kurt Warner, or guys who shouldnt be in the league (certainly not as starters anyway) but have a job because a coach/GM believes in them (like Fitzpatrick last 2 years in Buffalo).

Does Denver's defense get to go with him? If That team had the Bills defense the last few years, Tebow would have been considered the biggest bust. He completed two passes one day and they won. Thats not Tebow, thats the defense

I figured someone being complimentary of Tebow would make you a bit disoriented. :)

Yes. It's very bizarre to hear that single voice in the wilderness.

There is a reason that Elway cut ties with Tebow even despite his "stellar" playoff win. How well did Tebow do agains the Pats in the next game where the Pats just fielded a vanilla defense?

Well, it's hard to play quarterback when you can't throw the ball well and doubly hard if you can't remember the play calls or read defenses.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--jets--release-of-tim-tebow-could-be-blessing-in-disguise-of-qb-is-willing-to-take-stock-145252244.html

A week later, the Broncos played against the New England Patriots, a team that was almost comically bad on defense at the time. Instead, the Patriots made Tebow look like he needed to go back to Nease High in Jacksonville for remedial work.

The Patriots played the simplest two-deep zone that you could imagine, refusing to blitz him until he broke the pocket. The result was a 9-of-26, 136-yard passing performance along with only 13 yards rushing on five carries.

This was the kind of game where even an average NFL quarterback would have thrown for 300 yards, as one AFC coach said a month later. Granted, that quarterback still would have lost to the Patriots and Tom Brady, but that's not the point. This was yet another illustration that Tebow isn't ready to play conventional NFL football and he's not quick enough to play read-option all the time.

Tebow can't read defenses. He can't explain the differences between two-deep, three-deep and zero coverage, much less see them. He was never trained to do that at Florida by Urban Meyer…. Blame that reality on whatever you want. It could be the fact that Tebow is dyslexic. Coaches and players who were with him in Denver say that Tebow would get to the line and immediately lose track of the play call from the huddle in the jumble of what he was told and what he saw across the line.

Well, it's hard to play quarterback when you can't throw the ball well and doubly hard if you can't remember the play calls or read defenses.

http://sports.yahoo....-145252244.html

A week later, the Broncos played against the New England Patriots, a team that was almost comically bad on defense at the time. Instead, the Patriots made Tebow look like he needed to go back to Nease High in Jacksonville for remedial work.

The Patriots played the simplest two-deep zone that you could imagine, refusing to blitz him until he broke the pocket. The result was a 9-of-26, 136-yard passing performance along with only 13 yards rushing on five carries.

This was the kind of game where even an average NFL quarterback would have thrown for 300 yards, as one AFC coach said a month later. Granted, that quarterback still would have lost to the Patriots and Tom Brady, but that's not the point. This was yet another illustration that Tebow isn't ready to play conventional NFL football and he's not quick enough to play read-option all the time.

Tebow can't read defenses. He can't explain the differences between two-deep, three-deep and zero coverage, much less see them. He was never trained to do that at Florida by Urban Meyer…. Blame that reality on whatever you want. It could be the fact that Tebow is dyslexic. Coaches and players who were with him in Denver say that Tebow would get to the line and immediately lose track of the play call from the huddle in the jumble of what he was told and what he saw across the line.

Game, Set, and Match!