Who will be reborn and suprise us??

cage

POLL.... who's the phoenix rising from the ashes under Marrone... and why?  

152 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the most likely to salvage their career under new regime?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So we mostly agree that Carrington doesn't belong. https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/05/16/secret-superstar-alex-carrington/

The bounce back suggestions on here have been strong. Freddie, Dareus, Anderson, Kolb, Tavaris Jackson and Aaron Williams all seem like good options for guys that didn't have the season that they or the Bills wanted last year.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

So we mostly agree that Carrington doesn't belong. https://www.profootb...lex-carrington/

The bounce back suggestions on here have been strong. Freddie, Dareus, Anderson, Kolb, Tavaris Jackson and Aaron Williams all seem like good options for guys that didn't have the season that they or the Bills wanted last year.

I commented before reading. Seems that is indeed the consensus on Carrington.

Freddie's too old to be a "bounceback" candidate, Kolb was never good enough to have anything to bounce back to.

Dareus is a great nom, as is Anderson.

I voted for Aaron Williams because unlike other players, his poor play and not injuries set him back. That'll make your stock drop a whole hell of a lot faster, so he has much more ground to gain.

I'm in the camp with the others that feel Carrington has done enough to be disqualified from being "reborn". A good year from him would be closer to an expectation than a surprise (to me).

Easley would be my choice. He's in his 3rd year and he wouldn't be the first receiver for the light to come on in that time frame. Would love to see him contribute in a meaningful way.

If I had to pick a second choice I'd go with A.Williams although I would love to see Troupe come back and play well. Always liked him. It would change how we view NIx's first draft significantly if Troupe started to contribute and Carrington continues to progress (at least it would for me).

I voted for Carrington simply because he is the guy I think who is the better player on that list. But others make good points that he can't really be classified as reborn, but I expect a much bigger role for him.

There are several guys worthy of a vote on that list. I also do still believe Easley is going to be a surprise player in camp. The only issue with him is the serious competition he now faces as we now have a lot of promising players at WR.

Still would love to see Easley succeed.... but I think my vote has to go to Carrington. I think he'll thrive in this multi-position DT/DE/LB type role that Pettine's news conference yesterday talked about

Carrington has already proven he belongs in the NFL. The rest of that group is in another category.

Alex Carrington was arguably one of the best players on that entire Defense last year (though admittedly in a reserve roll), and I'd say he would have to have been #2 behind McLovin for The Bills Special Teams MVP last year...So I'm not sure why he would be on a list like this...He's already pretty darn good...

I'll go with other and TJ Graham...He's got one year on the Rookies, which is a factor...He's got serious potential and speed...And now he's got a QB who can get him the ball deep... B-)

TJ Graham is another good candidate. It seems he has already been written off as a wasted pick, or "bust" by so many here (a lot of the same people who still think Marcus Easley is a miracle waiting to happen), but as I recall, early last season, Graham was gettting open a lot, but Fitz couldn't get him the ball, and wasn't even looking his way very often...as the season progressed (or did it regress?), the only chances Graham was given were those little two yard passes to the sideline, on third down and 4+ yards to go. As I recall, he was a pretty tough runner on those types of passes, and actually got the necessary yards to convert, a few times, while shedding tackles. And, if you just want to look at stats, I believe he had about 30 catches for about 320 yards...not eye-popping numbers, but not insignificant either, considering he was not really being used in any way to take advantage of his percieved strengths.

TJ Graham is another good candidate. It seems he has already been written off as a wasted pick, or "bust" by so many here (a lot of the same people who still think Marcus Easley is a miracle waiting to happen), but as I recall, early last season, Graham was gettting open a lot, but Fitz couldn't get him the ball, and wasn't even looking his way very often...as the season progressed (or did it regress?), the only chances Graham was given were those little two yard passes to the sideline, on third down and 4+ yards to go. As I recall, he was a pretty tough runner on those types of passes, and actually got the necessary yards to convert, a few times, while shedding tackles. And, if you just want to look at stats, I believe he had about 30 catches for about 320 yards...not eye-popping numbers, but not insignificant either, considering he was not really being used in any way to take advantage of his percieved strengths.

Hold on regarding Graham though. Of all of the rookie WR's last year, he had more dropped passes than anyone. He's a track star,but has hands of stone. If he can't get that under control, then he's not going to amount to anything. I'm pretty sure that's why we took two WR's in the first 4 picks in the draft and then picked up two more in free agency. Vote of no-confidence by the front office.

Irregardless

of whether anyone actually qualifies for this list or what the definition is precisely.

I think Kolb is going to surprise us fans. And others in the league. He appears/sounds very confident and fully engaged. and already teaching the young wideout the finer points. heck he is probably teaching Nate a thing or two about the Nfl.

A williams is a fine candidate but i dont think he will be resurrected. servicable maybe.

Fred is winding down. But will add value.

Carrington is already a player and should become more effective is Mike's scheming.

MD needs a bounceback and i hope he does/

i am sticking with KevinKolb showing up big and holding EJ off unless injury or a losing season occur.

poor Tavaris Jackson. he sounds to be doing well in ota but the competition might leave him hanging out to dry. again. : (

Hold on regarding Graham though. Of all of the rookie WR's last year, he had more dropped passes than anyone. He's a track star,but has hands of stone. If he can't get that under control, then he's not going to amount to anything. I'm pretty sure that's why we took two WR's in the first 4 picks in the draft and then picked up two more in free agency. Vote of no-confidence by the front office.

Disagree. Last year was all about trying to survive not building for the future. The new staff had no tape on the kid worth evaluating. Keep in mind we emptied the WR cupboard before the draft and needed at least 4 to run routes. I think he will shine and we could have one of the best receiving corps in just a few years. Imo

No mention of McKelvin? If there is a single player on this team that has the most potential to be reborn, it's him. Pettine's scheme, with it's huge reliance on the corners, is a goldern opportunity for him.

GO BILLS!!!

I'd prefer it was JESUS, but that's proabably a different conversation that has nothing to do with football.

Dareus has to step up or that bust label will begin to fit like a big glove.

Still would love to see Easley succeed.... but I think my vote has to go to Carrington. I think he'll thrive in this multi-position DT/DE/LB type role that Pettine's news conference yesterday talked about

The question, "whose career is more likely to be salvaged?", is a great deal different from what you seem to be asking: which of the listed players will break out this year? Carrington was very effective last year, and Sanders was on I.R. before the season started.

I think Carrington will be as effective as he was last year, and he might see more playing time. Of the others listed, I think Troupe will actually see the field and contribute, which will be an improvement.

With the slew of WRs selected in April, I don't think Easley is going to get much a chance. The coaching staff will figure out to keep their guys on the roster.

I'd prefer it was JESUS, but that's proabably a different conversation that has nothing to do with football.

Dareus has to step up or that bust label will begin to fit like a big glove.

Tebow would love to have that conversation with you.

We took two WR's because we let Jones and Nelson go, Brad Smith is not a full time WR, and Easley has done next to nothing in the NFL...I don't think it had anything to do with TJ Graham and his periodic struggles as a Rookie at one of the tougher positions to play coming in to the league...Plenty of Rookie WR's struggle...But Graham also got open deep on more than a few occasions only to see the ball under-thrown, or sail over his head...So...Tough to fully evaluate the kid under those circumstances...

The Bills needed an influx of talent at WR in the largest possible way...They were paper thin at a position you normally line up at least 3...I'm not saying Graham did much to impress in 2012...But I don't think bringing in the youngsters was an indictment on him whatsoever... B-)