Buddy Nix Steps Down as GM

I ward the whispers and consul piracy on the board that Whaley was now in charge. Then he did the draft recap meeting with box ticket holders and he said that basically his job was dependent on these draft picks. No longer conspiracy I guess.

I am a Buddy defender. Gailey got more out of these bums on offense then I think anybody else really could. Gailey's failure to take responsibility for the defense, and ego when it came to rehabbing any QB cost this team big time, and cost him his job

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only real surprise is that both Buddy and Russ Brandon went nuts talking about how Buddy was in for the long haul post-draft... if they knew this was coming, why go overboard saying it isn't? And if they didn't know, then what changed?

and it sounds like hes still in the building long term, just a different role.

Nix has NOT don't a great job. Part of being a GM is hiring good coaches.....of which he has not. The Marrone/Pettine hire feels NOTHING like Buddy Nix hires. I think that was all Whaley

Yup, and trading back in round one seems like Whaley.

LOL, you guys want to be able to hate Nix so much that you won't even give him credit where it is due.

Any moves that might be good, must be someone else. Ok... :rolleyes:

Nix has NOT don't a great job. Part of being a GM is hiring good coaches.....of which he has not. The Marrone/Pettine hire feels NOTHING like Buddy Nix hires. I think that was all Whaley

True about Chan.

But I think the Marrone hire has a lot of Brandon on it...in a good way. I think we'll all be pleasantly surprised with the job he'll do from here on out.

Nix should have extended the contracts of Levitre and Byrd last season or traded them if they both ask for too much. Let's not forget the wrong extentsion of Fitz. He did have a couple of good draft picks though.

Edited by independent

The only real surprise is that both Buddy and Russ Brandon went nuts talking about how Buddy was in for the long haul post-draft... if they knew this was coming, why go overboard saying it isn't? And if they didn't know, then what changed?

And just exactly when did anyone know what the old man was thinking? Drafting Nassib? Cordy Glenn's a Guard?

When did he ever tell anyone outside the family what his real plans were?

Thanks Buddy. You turned this ship around, and that was no small feat.

Russ Brandon, ever the marketeer in chief. I realize he can't be 100% open about everything happening at OBD, but he's told some whoppers to a fan base he courts every off-season. Whatever trust he has should decrease, but it probably won't.

Good luck Buddy. As always, it's hard to truly evaluate the overall effectiveness of Bills GM's considering they have to work for such total garbage at the top of the organization. At least he was light years better than Marv.

True about Chan.

But I think the Marrone hire has a lot of Brandon on it...in a good way. I think we'll all be pleasantly surprised with the job he'll do from here on out.

You know Russ gets a lot of !@#@ around here but he was the acting GM when we drafted Byrd, Wood and Levitre, although, that being said he was the acting GM when we drafted Maybin too.

Russ Brandon, ever the marketeer in chief. I realize he can't be 100% open about everything happening at OBD, but he's told some whoppers to a fan base he courts every off-season. Whatever trust he has should decrease, but it probably won't.

Yeah, he did say Buddy would be GM "for a long time" on April 27. Who knew 16 days is a long time in Russ' world?

This may be true. It certainly had some very un-Nix qualities about it. But let's not pretend like Nix has had zero influence on Whaley. I think Nix was the right guy to cut the young pup's teeth.

No doubt Nix had an influence on that draft. He likely also had quite a bit of say. But there's no way that Nix had the final word on players when he would be stepping down. I don't even think he would want to leave his protege with anyone but his own drafted players.

Really? What did you expect him to say? I like that there is some misdirection coming from the FO, thats the way competitive business works.