Buddy Nix Steps Down as GM

It's hilarious to see how people see what they want in my posts. It's like an inkblot, I guess.

I do rail against people who invent elaborate conspiracies. Hey, if you get bent out of shape if I challenge your assertions then maybe they weren't that strong to begin with.

PTR

My problem is that your negativity discourages discussion.

Here is how it works:

Someone posts some news. You immediately respond with a complaint about fan negativity.

Someone posts something positive. You immediately respond with a complaint about fan negativity.

Someone posts something negative. You immediately respond with an attack on that poster for being negative.

You attempt to downplay the extent of your fan-hate by calling those takes "elaborate" but your post count does not lie.

I think the fact that you jump into almost every thread with your negativity toward fans serves to discourage moderate and negative takes on Bills related issues.

If that is what you actually wanted I suspect you could have started a site for strictly positive Bills opinions.

But it's not.

You simply enjoy being a fan-hater and this is fertile ground for you because there is a lot of passion for the Bills here.

Weird? Yes. :thumbsup:

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is how it works:

Someone posts some news. You immediately respond with a complaint about fan negativity.

Someone posts something positive. You immediately respond with a complaint about fan negativity.

Someone posts something negative. You immediately respond with an attack on that poster for being negative.

You attempt to downplay the extent of your fan-hate by calling those takes "elaborate" but your post count does not lie.

I think the fact that you jump into almost every thread with your negativity toward fans serves to discourage moderate and negative takes on Bills related issues.

If that is what you actually wanted I suspect you could have started a site for strictly positive Bills opinions.

But it's not.

You simply enjoy being a fan-hater and this is fertile ground for you because there is a lot of passion for the Bills here.

If by fan discussion you mean concocting bizarre reasons why a new hire will fail then I guess you're right.

PTR

Here is how it works:

But it's not.

I think it's more like he's holding up a mirror for Bills fans to look into.

He's right a lot of the time. Bitchin' for bitchin's sake is a core competency of Bills fans these days.

Hey, The Bills brought this upon themselves with over a decade of fail, but at some point you have to see the glass half full at least 10% of the time. If not, well... there's always strychnine.

I think it's more like he's holding up a mirror for Bills fans to look into.

He's right a lot of the time. Bitchin' for bitchin's sake is a core competency of Bills fans these days.

Hey, The Bills brought this upon themselves with over a decade of fail, but at some point you have to see the glass half full at least 10% of the time. If not, well... there's always strychnine.

I like how you say he is "right a lot of the time". You mean in his fervent defense of every losing regime the Bills have had and his blaming of Bills fans all along the way? Yeah, not so much. He posts a lot of the time. I will give him that.

And please, enough with the suicide references. It's nice that you think you and PTR need to talk people down from a ledge but that ledge doesn't really exist. The little bit of therapy that is needed is achieved here by discussing the issues, not by you demanding that people see it your way. It's a hobby, son. Shake it off and move on.

I like how you say he is "right a lot of the time". You mean in his fervent defense of every losing regime the Bills have had and his blaming of Bills fans all along the way? Yeah, not so much. He posts a lot of the time. I will give him that.

And please, enough with the suicide references. It's nice that you think you and PTR need to talk people down from a ledge but that ledge doesn't really exist. The little bit of therapy that is needed is achieved here by discussing the issues, not by you demanding that people see it your way. It's a hobby, son. Shake it off and move on.

Some people act as if this troubled franchise is a sacred institution and should be immune from criticism. They have appointed themselves as the preatorian guards and the protectors from what they consider to be the disloyal and ungrateful fan base.

I have no problem with people who have differing views and who respond back in a robust way. What I find offensive and irritating is when people respond in such a way that they act to stifle exchanges instead of engage in exchanges.

Your observations on the issue of debating topics are spot on. You are exhibiting a wisdom and maturity that some of the "guardians" of this board lack. :thumbsup:

Edited by JohnC

Here is how it works:

But it's not.

As a Bills fan, it amazes me when people question skepticism, or even negativity. Last season, I thought that the OL was good. Not great mind you, but good. This was the first time I felt like this in close to 20 years. And, we let our (imho) best blocker walk in free agency. Think about it, if the Bills had a good offense and could block, the defense that Wade had with Bruce, Big Ted, Paup (NFL Defensive Player of the Year), and a slew of good lbs, would have been heralded as one of the top 15 or 20 ever. But they are not. The team fielded a semi-pro offensive line. This matters.

Look, maybe Marrone is not just a crony of Brandon, and can coach a professional football team. And maybe EJ can play. He DOES have the talent, and he seems smart. I like the pick, given the fact that they got him and another 2nd. But they brought this kid in at the same time they gave away an extremely good LG. Now, they are struggling to sign a safety. This can conjure up bad memories to a Bills fan, no?

I will always have an affinity toward posters like Promo who were around (like me and you) in the "good old days." But I do agree that criticizing posters who don't totally toe a losing party line will stifle the discussion that this board (imo) is about. I got my balls kicked in on a weekly post and was accused of crusading for NOT talking about Spiller. This is a bad tone to be set.

Did we turn the corner with this draft? Tough to say. We still have holes in a lot of places. My point is that it is OK to say this. And most of all, I thank you personally for making this a better board. And btw, I think that the crew is coming back uo this season. I will keep you posted.

As a Bills fan, it amazes me when people question skepticism, or even negativity. Last season, I thought that the OL was good. Not great mind you, but good. This was the first time I felt like this in close to 20 years. And, we let our (imho) best blocker walk in free agency. Think about it, if the Bills had a good offense and could block, the defense that Wade had with Bruce, Big Ted, Paup (NFL Defensive Player of the Year), and a slew of good lbs, would have been heralded as one of the top 15 or 20 ever. But they are not. The team fielded a semi-pro offensive line. This matters.

Look, maybe Marrone is not just a crony of Brandon, and can coach a professional football team. And maybe EJ can play. He DOES have the talent, and he seems smart. I like the pick, given the fact that they got him and another 2nd. But they brought this kid in at the same time they gave away an extremely good LG. Now, they are struggling to sign a safety. This can conjure up bad memories to a Bills fan, no?

I will always have an affinity toward posters like Promo who were around (like me and you) in the "good old days." But I do agree that criticizing posters who don't totally toe a losing party line will stifle the discussion that this board (imo) is about. I got my balls kicked in on a weekly post and was accused of crusading for NOT talking about Spiller. This is a bad tone to be set.

Did we turn the corner with this draft? Tough to say. We still have holes in a lot of places. My point is that it is OK to say this. And most of all, I thank you personally for making this a better board. And btw, I think that the crew is coming back uo this season. I will keep you posted.

Yeah there is still too much of the same old going on to dismiss the past. Levitre wasn't just a good guard, he was their only durable interior lineman so at this point that is a very significant loss. As long as it took to finally assemble a decent offensive line it is hard to just assume that he will be replaced. I am hoping for a Jahri Evans type find.

Yeah there is still too much of the same old going on to dismiss the past. Levitre wasn't just a good guard, he was their only durable interior lineman so at this point that is a very significant loss. As long as it took to finally assemble a decent offensive line it is hard to just assume that he will be replaced. I am hoping for a Jahri Evans type find.

Wonder if all of that was on bills though. It seemed like AL wanted to play for a southern team and titans made it clear he was a priority. He was good but not dominant, its not like he ran around pancaking defenders, hadn't been to a pro bowl. For what he signed for away, I can see why it was in bills interest not to go there.

This was a money decision. The Bills would have been irresponsible to devote $8M per season to a LG. I'm glad another team in the AFC made that mistake instead.

Whaley was directly asked about his past with the Steelers, correct?

In response he cited his 12+ years there (his entire time in the NFL before coming to Buffalo) as a good foundational experience as to how he'll go about his job in Buffalo.

And some people are writing multi-paragraph criticisms of Whaley because of that?