EJ's throwing motion is amazing

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The more I see of this kid the more i think they need to roll him out as the day one starter. Let him get his timing and raport with his new toys as well as the pieces already here. I hope that the qb battle for the starting spot is just a formality. Kolb is not the answer. Let this kid take his lumps as well as his successes. He has the attitude and the ability to be an elite QB. Now is the time not later we will be an 7-9 team at the very best with Kolb at the helm.

LV

The passes I saw today on BB.com confirm he has a nice release. The Ball comes out his hand high and quick. The Bills with Manual and Kolb have improved the QB position .

Training Camp is going to the most interesting in years. Battles at QB, WR, LG, LB, SS.

But the most important one is at QB. If this is gonna be Manuel's Team he gonna have to put a stamp on it early. And often.

Kelly was perfect in every sense throwing the ball.......his throwing motion was large and circular from what I've seen, but all throws were dead-on. The large motion slowed his release, but obviously not enough to matter :)

The passes I saw today on BB.com confirm he has a nice release. The Ball comes out his hand high and quick. The Bills with Manual and Kolb have improved the QB position .

Training Camp is going to the most interesting in years. Battles at QB, WR, LG, LB, SS.

But the most important one is at QB. If this is gonna be Manuel's Team he gonna have to put a stamp on it early. And often.

While I hope all our 1st year players produce well, it's just kinda hard to get behind 'Team Tuel'.. The guys' a Tuel and his fans are Tuelies..

Culpepper with wheels.

Hopefully minus the fumbling problems (for a big guy, Culpepper had small hands)...

Actually, Culpepper wasn't much without Moss, so I hope Manuel turns out to be a great deal more.

The more I see of this kid the more i think they need to roll him out as the day one starter. Let him get his timing and raport with his new toys as well as the pieces already here. I hope that the qb battle for the starting spot is just a formality. Kolb is not the answer. Let this kid take his lumps as well as his successes. He has the attitude and the ability to be an elite QB. Now is the time not later we will be an 7-9 team at the very best with Kolb at the helm.

LV

Good post LV, I'm starting to lean this way too. If necessary you can always alter your offense some in order to cater to what Manuel does well and is ready for.

I don't recall either. To say Fitz had a slow release would be inaccurate though. Fitz got rid of the ball quick.

Fitz has one of the longest windups of any QB I've seen. We shouldn't confuse getting the ball out quick because of play design vs. having a fast release. Fitz just doesn't have a fast release. When I think of quick release, I think of Marino, one of the fastest ever. Very little windup in his motion whereas it looks like Fitz starts everything from his hip, especially on long balls.

GO BILLS!!!

LV

If he's a good QB then they don't need to do anything for him. He will set himself apart and be the starter.

A few things. Thank you for the video link.

His release is why I think he will be a good NFL QB and why I think Geno Smith will be horrible. I believe he has a very awkward and slow release and it will cost him in the pros.

EJ seems to hold the ball rather high which should benefit him where Genos is lower. EJs release seems lightning fast and it seems effortless. In fact, in some of those videos I swear he looks like he's shot putting the ball down the field.

the long pass play right before it at about :37 and the long run at 1:05 is what I wanna see.

I liked Manuel as a prospect but his very long arms were a concern to me. Long arms and legs make it more difficult for the thrower to repeat their mechanics. But maybe that is where the biggest upside on Manuel is. As you mentioned sometimes it looks like he shot-puts the ball so as not to overthrow it. You never really see him cut loose ala a Brett Favre. It would be nice to have a QB who can throw a ball accurately 60 yards in the air and I think he has a lot of room to grow in that regard if he can master his mechanics. He certainly has the arm strength.

Jimbo's release was faster than normal but not in the league of Marino or Elway. It was still plenty quick enough.

Kelly's greatest asset as a passer was his incredible touch and accuracy in every and all conditions. I'm not sure what the exact number is but if you said that an NFL QB has to be able to make 15 different types of throws, Kelly could throw all 15 perfectly. Both Marino and Elway, while awesome passers tended to throw a bit of a flat trajectory ball sometimes.

Jimbo's passes always had the perfect trajectory for the play.

Also Jimbo threw the most beautiful deep balls of any QB I can recall.

Who can't you recall?

Knowing that will help us all realize how right you are.

LV

I hope he starts from day 1, also. He doesn't strike me as the sort that will let a few losses and bad games ruin him, which, to me, is the only reason you sit a rookie starter that you are grooming to be the franchise face.