1. WR Cordarrelle Patterson 6'1" 216

2. TE Vance Mcdonald 6'4" 267

2. ILB Kiko Alonzo 6'4" 237

3. OG Brian Winters 6'4" 320

4. QB Ryan Nassib 6'2" 227

5. WR Ryan Swope 6'0" 206

6. S Bacari Rambo 6'0" 211

7. SS Zeke Motta 6'2" 213

What fun! Some of the readers must have missed the fact that football is entertainment. B-)

The Texans and Bills were tied for dead last in 3rd down defense last year. 44% of our opponents' attempts resulted in first downs. Pettine's defense will help, but the Bills' draft won't.

Anyway, the double trade-down is the best-case scenario if we have 20-20 hindsight:

RD1 -Trade Down (Rams)

RD1 - Trade Down (49ers)

RD1 - EJ Manuel QB

RD2 - Justin Hunter WR

RD2 - Jonathan Hankins DT

RD2 - David Amerson CB/S Trade Down (Kiko Alonso was taken 52 slots too early)

RD3 - Corey Lemonier LB (Marquise Goodwin was taken 33 slots too early)

RD3 - Brian Winters OG

RD4 - Philip Thomas FS

RD5 - William Campbell DE34

RD6 - Mychal Rivera TE

RD7 - Steve Beauharnais ILB

Patterson is that explosive playmaker this team needs, Vance fast and physical TE that we never have, Kiko aggressive can cover, Winters big nasty Guard that we need, Nassib can play this offense now and can win now, Swope bigger faster version of Wes Welker, Bacari can cover, Motta big safety nasty tackler.

Da'Rick Rogers might actually end up better than Patterson, and I am really interested in seeing this Kauffman kid we signed from Eastern Washington...6'5" 215 lbs...

I'd have loved to see the Bills do this, but I know they'd: never pick their own QB at the top of the board instead of Kiper's, take a polished WR in the 2nd instead of waiting 'til the late rounds, take a 2nd WR who is the fastest guy in the draft, grab a hard-hitting Safety over a guy Marrone had a Syracuse, take the top kicker in the draft and grab a TE in Rd. 7 who runs like a gazelle.

I must be dreaming...

post-2416-0-22067000-1367268109_thumb.jpg

Edited by ChevyVanMiller

Patterson is that explosive playmaker this team needs, Vance fast and physical TE that we never have, Kiko aggressive can cover, Winters big nasty Guard that we need, Nassib can play this offense now and can win now, Swope bigger faster version of Wes Welker, Bacari can cover, Motta big safety nasty tackler.

How bout trashing your whole idea and just Signing Leon Sandcastle. He is still available people!!!!!!!!!!

How long before EJ Contributes? If Patterson fails no big deal but if EJ fails were screwed for 5 yrs.

LMAO...screwed for 5 years? No offense, but thats a dumb statement in todays NFL and rookie caps. We are no more locked into EJ as we would have been with Nassib, so whats you point other than we get a worse WR prospect in Patterson instead of Woods and a worse QB prospect in Nassib instead of EJ. In fact, who do you think Marrone would give more time too...Nassib (who he has a strong attachment to) or EJ? Duh, Nassib...so Nassib would have likely held this franchise back longer in a scenario of neither EJ or Nassib panning out.

Edited by Alphadawg7

I don't like this redo at all. We should have:

Traded Mario for Skelton.

Traded our 1, 2, and 3 to the Raiders to get up to #3, and take Cordarelle Patterson (to ensure he's there)

Traded our 4, 5, 6, to get as high up as possible and then drafted Tyler Bray.

Traded our 1, 2, and 3 to the Raiders to get up to #3, and take Cordarelle Patterson (to ensure he's there)

May as well pick up Tebow and name him starting QB while we're at it.

What fun! Some of the readers must have missed the fact that football is entertainment. B-)

The Texans and Bills were tied for dead last in 3rd down defense last year. 44% of our opponents' attempts resulted in first downs. Pettine's defense will help, but the Bills' draft won't.

Anyway, the double trade-down is the best-case scenario if we have 20-20 hindsight:

RD1 -Trade Down (Rams)

RD1 - Trade Down (49ers)

RD1 - EJ Manuel QB

RD2 - Justin Hunter WR

RD2 - Jonathan Hankins DT

RD2 - David Amerson CB/S Trade Down (Kiko Alonso was taken 52 slots too early)

RD3 - Corey Lemonier LB (Marquise Goodwin was taken 33 slots too early)

RD3 - Brian Winters OG

RD4 - Philip Thomas FS

RD5 - William Campbell DE34

RD6 - Mychal Rivera TE

RD7 - Steve Beauharnais ILB

According to who, Draftek? I love that site to death, but sorry, the Draftek big board got badly embarrassed this year. I like our real draft better than both yours and the OP's.

You have no idea what you are talking about.

Yawn, time will tell

Not in this day of the rookie wage scale. You could not be more wrong about that.

Wage scale has nothing to do with it.

It's 3 yrs of him sucking and another 2 yrs before the next guy hopefully develops.

I mean at least he didnt suggest something beyond stupid like trading Mario Williams for John Skelton...

not yet :flirt:

Bray or Landry jones