Myths squashed last night...

eball

That's ridiculous. The Bills were one of the first teams to sign an African American QB.

Hence the word 'myth'.

There have been several threads here over the years decrying the lack of black QBs in Buffalo or the resigning of black players.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

More than a few folks talked about the possibility of Buddy trading down and taking a QB lower in the first, but I agree there were some folks that were painting everything black and white.

I thought this was a year more than any other I can recall off hand where after the first 10-15 picks, the rest of the 1st round talent was hard to distinguish from the 2nd round talent. If there ever was a situation where you trade out of the 8th pick to a team desperate to address some need area with the few blue-chip prospects near the top this was the year to do it - especially given the paltry number of overall picks the Bills had.

Nice job Buddy.

Not a myth per se, but other misinformation...

The Bills won't trade down because they're afraid the Jets are going to draft Nassib.

http://profootballta...ke-ryan-nassib/

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2013/04/25/bills-reportedly-fear-jets-could-pick-qb-ryan-nassib-what-about-geno/

Edited by hondo in seattle

Change the team name to the Buffalo Reach.

It may work out this time, but the history of this strategy is weak.

Wow, Buffalo Reach, that's amazingly astute. Immediately quit your day job at McDonalds, and become either an copyrighter on Madison Ave, a football analyst, or a professional comedian.

They picked up two picks including a 2nd and the 7th that people have been grinding their teeth over since August. We got a good deal

Getting that 7th irritated me, because it justified WGR and John Murphy's constant mention of only having 6 picks this draft like it meant a damn thing.

Change the team name to the Buffalo Reach.

It may work out this time, but the history of this strategy is weak.

I am less concerned with the reach with them taking a shot where they did later in the first and picking up the Ram's 2nd round pick along the way.

Clearly they felt that teams that needed, yet passed up on QB's early in the 1st (which was a smart move on their part) would not do the same thing in the second round and Manuel would not be available for them.

They picked up two picks including a 2nd and the 7th that people have been grinding their teeth over since August. We got a good deal

But,...But....the Pats got 4 picks in the draft for their 31st pick!!!! People always will find fault no matter what.