Live NFL Draft 2013 draft thread

• Replies 865
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The biggest irony of this draft: ESPN gives us an F grade for drafting EJ, but had we drafted Nassib or Barkley instead, they would have probably given us at least a B. This even though those guys are STILL on the board for the fourth round. LOL! Yeah, no one else wanted them on day one or two, but hey, those are the guys THEY rated higher!

This draft is playing like the experts have said all along...weak draft class for QBs. It will be up to guys like Nassib and Barkley to prove them wrong. QB starved teams (Arizona, Jacksonville, Oakland and Philadelphia) are building up other areas. Could be a trend in future drafts. Might be smart to draft one of these young guns in the 5th round if they are still available and use them for trade bait in 2 or 3 years.

I like the following players (in no particular order) as good picks for Buffalo today:

Barrett Jones (C, OG) Alabama; Khaseem Greene (OLB) Rutgers; Shamarko Thomas (S) Sryracuse; Jordan Poyer (CB) Oregon State; Dion Sims (TE) Michigan State; Marcus Lattimore (RB) South Carolina; Ryan Nassib (QB) Syracuse; Denard Robinson (WR, ATH) Michigan; Brian Schwenke (C, OG) California; Jeff Baca (OG) UCLA; Quinton Patton (WR) Louisiana Tech; David Bakhtiari (OT) Colorado; B.W. Webb (CB) William & Mary; Zach Line (FB) Southern Methodist; Ryan Swope (WR) Texas A&M; and Jesse Williams (DT) Alabama.

If we get a few of these guys I'll be a happy camper.

GO BUFFALO!!!

Sirius NFL Radio guys liked the Duke pick. Pat Kirwan says explosive athlete, ridiculous speed for a safety; Gil Brandt likes him better than Shamarko Thomas (Mel Kiper's best available). Rangy athlete, can help big time on special teams. Can move around really well, lots of plays behind line of scrimmage.

I thought they would go with Thomas from Fresno, but I like the pick

Sirius NFL Radio guys liked the Duke pick. Pat Kirwan says explosive athlete, ridiculous speed for a safety; Gil Brandt likes him better than Shamarko Thomas (Mel Kiper's best available). Rangy athlete, can help big time on special teams. Can move around really well, lots of plays behind line of scrimmage.

This

Duke is Duke. They're on TV more than "Leave it to Beavah" uhhh, reruns.

Big hitter. TV guys said that the guy has some temper issues. Good. Maybe he's the new Leonard Smith.

His name is Duke. He played at Nevada.

Marrone sure must not think much of his Syracuse players. First passing on nassib and now Thomas.

Nix and the Scouts run the draft. I am sure Marronne gets his input, but would not be pushing for a specific player. That would be more of Belichek style, not Doug's (Plus Belichek is the defacto GM).