Live NFL Draft 2013 draft thread

• Replies 865
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Packers draft my boy Charles Johnson in the 7th. Great pick for them. I will be drafting him in fantasy in 2014 almost guaranteed.

And we take a TE to finish it off! Never heard of him, but he's got good size/speed/athleticism. Converted WR. Small hands, has apparently had some problems with drops. Seems like a good pick for the 7th round.

Now let's get Da'Rick Rodgers as an UDFA!

I saw that Cash. I wanted that guy too.

Edited by Clubber99

Sucks for Tyler Bray:

@CBSSports 58s

Tennessee QB Tyler Bray decided to forgo his senior year with the Vols...and then wasn't drafted. http://cbsprt.co/TylerBray

(via @EyeOnNFL)

I think one of the many things that absolutely destroyed Bray was the perception among scouts that he's not a QB who loves football...One of the Bills scouts commented before the Draft that Bray needed to spend more of his off-the-field time concentrating on football...When that kind of opinion is out there about a QB who also comes in with leadership questions...That's the kiss of death... B-)

Nix and the Scouts run the draft. I am sure Marronne gets his input, but would not be pushing for a specific player. That would be more of Belichek style, not Doug's (Plus Belichek is the defacto GM).

FWIW, in one of his interviews Marrone alluded to writing up scouting reports on prospects.

With all NFL teams this is a collaborative process where the GM tries to get players the coaches see as good fits.

There is no chance of success without a unified vision.

Looking back, it seems Nix and Gailey had a bit of a disconnect with some of the players Nix brought in.