Live NFL Draft 2013 draft thread

I'm on board with drafting a third WR. We'll probably start 3 and play at least 5 regularly, and WRs play special teams, so it's tough to have too many. Would've loved Shoelace Robinson, think he'll be a stud. And I'd be very happy with Rogers (whom the Bills scouts raved about a little bit) or Charles Johnson. If you haven't heard of Johnson, he's a D-II player from Grand Valley State who's 6'2", 215 lbs, and ran a 4.38 forty at his pro day. If nothing else, he can serve as a hell of a gunner on special teams.

Good Lord. I live in Michigan (the U.P.) and I can't believe I haven't heard about Johnson. Definitely sounds like a worthy pick though. Holy smokes!

• Replies 865
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If he comes in and replaces Lindell this year than at the very least this saves us 2 million in cap that helps us resign Byrd, sign Dansby, or sign Moore. Don't know anything about this guy though.

If that is the case, and they save the money, AND they sign a guy who will help immediately like any of those three, then I am on board. It's a believable scenario but there isn't anything to make me believe that right now. Granted, any 6th round pick is a 10% chance of being a decent player. But I would have much preferred to roll the dice on a TE or Matt Scott or a CB.

It's a huge need with the new rules on kickoffs and Lindell isn't getting it done.

You can get a FA kicker with a decent leg. I'm not going to lose any sleep over it, or think they are out of their minds. I'm pretty happy with the draft overall. I just would have wanted them to go any of 3-4 other directions.

Edited by Kelly the Dog

If that is the case, and they save the money, AND they sign a guy who will help immediately like any of those three, then I am on board. It's a believable scenario but there isn't anything to make me believe that right now. Granted, any 6th round pick is a 10% chance of being a decent player. But I would have much preferred to roll the dice on a TE or Matt Scott or a CB.

I'm generally not in favor of drafting kickers, especially not as high as the 6th round. There's so much variation in kickers' performances from season to season, you're better off just signing guys as other teams cut them. You have a very good chance of getting a bounceback year. But I guess the Bills feel like the main thing keeping them from the playoffs is not enough Florida State players. I would expect FSU's long-snapper to be signed as an UDFA.

You can get a FA kicker with a decent leg. I'm not going to lose any sleep over it, or think they are out of their minds. I'm pretty happy with the draft overall. I just would have wanted them to go any of 3-4 other directions.

You may be right though the Bills clearly don't think it's so easy to grab one off the Kicker Tree. Kickers and Punters are the butts of jokes among players, but you'd be hard pressed to find a single highly successful team that's weak in that area.

You may be right though the Bills clearly don't think it's so easy to grab one off the Kicker Tree. Kickers and Punters are the butts of jokes among players, but you'd be hard pressed to find a single highly successful team that's weak in that area.

I knew the guy had a big leg but just looking at his percentages he didnt seem overly accurate. But I did just see that every year he has improved, and was very good last year, so that helps a little. Lindell is probably in trouble. But if we save 2 mil on him, and are able to give Byrd that money to re-sign him, I'm all over this.

I knew the guy had a big leg but just looking at his percentages he didnt seem overly accurate. But I did just see that every year he has improved, and was very good last year, so that helps a little. Lindell is probably in trouble. But if we save 2 mil on him, and are able to give Byrd that money to re-sign him, I'm all over this.

I completely agree with your posting. Man, the Bills are mutating into a completely new squad.

Packers draft my boy Charles Johnson in the 7th. Great pick for them. I will be drafting him in fantasy in 2014 almost guaranteed.

And we take a TE to finish it off! Never heard of him, but he's got good size/speed/athleticism. Converted WR. Small hands, has apparently had some problems with drops. Seems like a good pick for the 7th round.

Now let's get Da'Rick Rodgers as an UDFA!