What are you doing for the draft tonight?

am I the only "nerd" on here who watches the entire draft?

anyone else have parties/go to parties etc.? What are ya'll doing?

Tonight I will be having a few friends over for pizza, chicken wing dip and salsa...drinking on some fine IPAs (have not decided what yet) and some good whiskey and bourbon....

and hoping like hell the Bills do not F this up.....enjoy bills nation!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Either house gathering with friends or a bar. Leaning towards the house party. Beer will be invited because you gotta drink beer while watching football stuff!!!

Then, followed by throwing up and breaking things after the Bills pick a guard, saying I'm doing being a Bills fan, drinking to help my anger, then calling into work, followed by talking myself into the pick on Friday. It's a sickness. :devil:

Edited by C.Biscuit97

Going to our tavern in town, walking distance from the house, my buddy who bartends is a huuuge Jets fan and is convinced they will take Tavon Austin...will keep my phone on hand to keep up to date with the TBD Live Thread for the Draft. Can't Wait!!!!

Going to our tavern in town, walking distance from the house, my buddy who bartends is a huuuge Jets fan and is convinced they will take Tavon Austin...will keep my phone on hand to keep up to date with the TBD Live Thread for the Draft. Can't Wait!!!!

He sounds like an awful person.

Sitting in front of my 55HDTV with comfy sofa recliner. A 6pack of Bud Light. Probably pizza and wings. A puppy begging me for scraps on my lap. Phone in hand keeping in touch with all of you. Hoping we don't F%#K this up. Googling and you tubing the videos of the player we select to get all excited. Have friends call and text me with suicidal thoughts about what were doing. Talk then down off the ledge. Be pissed off I have to work for rounds 2-3.

pig out in front of the big tv on some not so healthy foods like mozz stix and tater tots.

and yes, i watch the whole thing... on both channels, lol.

would like to go to a draft party sometime, but not at the Ralph.

if I wasn't working I'd watch the whole thing too.

You should go to the draft. It's a great time.

Honestly? Nothing. I'll probably be hitting golf balls or doing yard work or walking the dog.

I'm interested in who the Bills get, but I don't really understand the fanfare around it and what makes the draft into an "event" for fans. I don't pay much attention to it, other than who Bills pick. When the Bills make their picks, that's when I become interested in players. So I probably won't be interested until next week.

In my opinion, no fans (with a few notable exceptions on TSW) can really evaluate players. Most fan's opinions are based on stuff they regurgitate from reading articles on the internet, and they probably haven't seen the players they are talking about on the field for more than a few youtube clips. And that's kind of silly.

Seriously, who has the time to dissect film (and actually understand what you are seeing) on 10 players, let alone 100 or 300? Not anyone with a social life and a job.

But hey, I'm all for it if people enjoy it. Maybe I'm an idiot and just don't get it -- which is a distinct possibility.

pig out in front of the big tv on some not so healthy foods like mozz stix and tater tots.

and yes, i watch the whole thing... on both channels, lol.

would like to go to a draft party sometime, but not at the Ralph.

Almost HAVE to watch both channels. Both go off on tangents at times and I'm always looking for Bills insight.

Honestly? Nothing. I'll probably be hitting golf balls or doing yard work or walking the dog.

I'm interested in who the Bills get, but I don't really understand the fanfare around it and what makes the draft into an "event" for fans. I don't pay much attention to it, other than who Bills pick. When the Bills make their picks, that's when I become interested in players. So I probably won't be interested until next week.

In my opinion, no fans (with a few notable exceptions on TSW) can really evaluate players. Most fan's opinions are based on stuff they regurgitate from reading articles on the internet, and they probably haven't seen the players they are talking about on the field for more than a few youtube clips. And that's kind of silly.

Seriously, who has the time to dissect film (and actually understand what you are seeing) on 10 players, let alone 100 or 300? Not anyone with a social life and a job.

But hey, I'm all for it if people enjoy it. Maybe I'm an idiot and just don't get it -- which is a distinct possibility.

Obviously no fan can evaluate as well as the teams who have access to the coaches tape. But if you are a real college football fan you have watched a lot of these guys the last few years just like you watch the NFL.

The last 5-7 years college football has really grown on me and I watch a whole lot of it. In turn my knowledge and interest in the players in the draft has skyrocketed

Almost HAVE to watch both channels. Both go off on tangents at times and I'm always looking for Bills insight.

im thinking about moving the bedroom TV into the living room to watch both at the same time tonight. Ill probably just flip back and forth between ESPN and nfln though.

For me the allure is christmas morning. This is THE best chance the Bills have to get better. When they are on an even playing field with other teams for talent. This isn't free agency where the highest bidder or nicest weather gets the player. This is like a bunch of kids lined up against the wall in the school yard with 32 captains picking teams. Instantly upon being selected I want to know everything about that player bc I will be rooting hard for him this falland hopefully for many years to come. The predraft process is because I want to be on board with what they do. I have my favorites (Barkley) and my "rankings" and I like to see how I stack up against the pros. This is my favorite day of the offseason. The day when it turns from who will we get to how good will they be. The last major event before camp starts. It is plenty okay you don't much care for it but I f***ing love it!