What are you doing for the draft tonight?

im thinking about moving the bedroom TV into the living room to watch both at the same time tonight. Ill probably just flip back and forth between ESPN and nfln though.

The two TV set up is critical during peak sports season. I must admit that my tv #2 only gets used during football season, march madness or when the kids are playing video games. But the two TV set up is where it's at

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly? Nothing. I'll probably be hitting golf balls or doing yard work or walking the dog.

I'm interested in who the Bills get, but I don't really understand the fanfare around it and what makes the draft into an "event" for fans. I don't pay much attention to it, other than who Bills pick. When the Bills make their picks, that's when I become interested in players. So I probably won't be interested until next week.

In my opinion, no fans (with a few notable exceptions on TSW) can really evaluate players. Most fan's opinions are based on stuff they regurgitate from reading articles on the internet, and they probably haven't seen the players they are talking about on the field for more than a few youtube clips. And that's kind of silly.

Seriously, who has the time to dissect film (and actually understand what you are seeing) on 10 players, let alone 100 or 300? Not anyone with a social life and a job.

But hey, I'm all for it if people enjoy it. Maybe I'm an idiot and just don't get it -- which is a distinct possibility.

I can understand why casual fans wouldnt watch the draft, or even why fans who are JUST bills fans (like, they dont watch other NFL games) wouldnt watch the draft

but as a fan who loves ALL of the NFL - yes I would tune in to watch a 2-13 team play a 3-12 team have a show down at the end of the season - the draft is like Mecca for muslims - so much happening, so many futures of franchises changing/improving/imploding - mannn I love it

Im going to the Bills backers bar in NYC. $3 Labatt blue if you sign up for the draft party. Then the next 2 days im sitting on my couch watching it. I do believe i'm probably Australian who will watch every single pick of the draft. I love it!!!!

Im going to the Bills backers bar in NYC. $3 Labatt blue if you sign up for the draft party. Then the next 2 days im sitting on my couch watching it. I do believe i'm probably Australian who will watch every single pick of the draft. I love it!!!!

atta boy mate

Honestly? Nothing. I'll probably be hitting golf balls or doing yard work or walking the dog.

I'm interested in who the Bills get, but I don't really understand the fanfare around it and what makes the draft into an "event" for fans. I don't pay much attention to it, other than who Bills pick. When the Bills make their picks, that's when I become interested in players. So I probably won't be interested until next week.

In my opinion, no fans (with a few notable exceptions on TSW) can really evaluate players. Most fan's opinions are based on stuff they regurgitate from reading articles on the internet, and they probably haven't seen the players they are talking about on the field for more than a few youtube clips. And that's kind of silly.

Seriously, who has the time to dissect film (and actually understand what you are seeing) on 10 players, let alone 100 or 300? Not anyone with a social life and a job.

But hey, I'm all for it if people enjoy it. Maybe I'm an idiot and just don't get it -- which is a distinct possibility.

I think they way the NFL has it set up now is appealing to more people. The 1st round is highlighted, the picks are quicker, and it's prime time. Even the average NFL fan will now watch the 1st round. I usually watch the 1st and 2nd rounds and then just watch the Bills picks on the 3rd day.

Edited by ricojes

I can understand why casual fans wouldnt watch the draft, or even why fans who are JUST bills fans (like, they dont watch other NFL games) wouldnt watch the draft

but as a fan who loves ALL of the NFL - yes I would tune in to watch a 2-13 team play a 3-12 team have a show down at the end of the season - the draft is like Mecca for muslims - so much happening, so many futures of franchises changing/improving/imploding - mannn I love it

i don't care so much about the other teams as the story of the players and how it all plays out for them. the personal aspect. and seeing how right/wrong people are... and how teams are built. yes, it's largely a waste of time in the end since the vast majority amount to nothing in NFL after the 2nd round, but so are movies and tv shows. it's the drama and to me the best reality show on tv.

Hosting a rehearsal dinner at one of my restaurants for my buddy.

I will constantly be going into the office to 'check on things'.

Luckily we are a Buffalo Restaurant so i will have wings, pizza, wecks, and plenty of Canadian Beer!

Once the draft ends, turn my attention towards the bridesmaids! Ha

please explain further...this is worth a mini thread-jacking....

Really? Sure...daughter in a national qualifier tournament in Reno this weekend, as they do every NFL draft weekend. Volleyball? Black/White ball, 8ft net, small court, six girls on the court. Usually see several NFL players w/ their daughters, Dilfer (who usually doesn't show this weekend), Lott, Stubblefield, Eric Davis to name a few...thanks my NFL fix this weekend. I'm usually checking my phone to see who the Bills draft all weekend as it goes thru Sunday. Not thread-jack worthy....

Really? Sure...daughter in a national qualifier tournament in Reno this weekend, as they do every NFL draft weekend. Volleyball? Black/White ball, 8ft net, small court, six girls on the court. Usually see several NFL players w/ their daughters, Dilfer (who usually doesn't show this weekend), Lott, Stubblefield, Eric Davis to name a few...thanks my NFL fix this weekend. I'm usually checking my phone to see who the Bills draft all weekend as it goes thru Sunday. Not thread-jack worthy....

you are right, not thread-jack worthy - I was hoping for juicy details about you being a male volleyball player, traveling to Vegas to hook up with other male volleyball players at seedy strip clubs/prossy houses....but alas - it was allllll for the kids (as it always is with "you parents") - but for real, well wishes and good luck to your daughter!

Finding out if my girlfriend really loves me or not :lol:

I am visiting her this week and told her upfront that Thursday night I will be in front of the TV all night. As of this morning she didnt seem too excited about that

thats a true fan, well done

not much. I'll put it on and do other things and every once in awhile I'll check back in.

I cannot sit there and listen mind numbing jock talk for long periods of time between picks. Way to painful

thats why you have friends over, have beer and food, play cards and put on a phish show and jam out

Fortunately I had a couple comp days at work to burn, so I took the today and tomorrow off and a buddy from home is flying up from FL (as we speak) to hang for the weekend.

The plan is to watch the draft, eat, drink, kick around BTV in a lot of Red, White and Blue and hopefully high-five a lot. Should be fun. I'm making some Beef on Wecks to kick it off tonight. Wish us luck...

I know this, I can't WAIT to see how this draft all unfolds. Should be pretty entertaining!

Let's Go Buffalo!

Hosting a rehearsal dinner at one of my restaurants for my buddy.

I will constantly be going into the office to 'check on things'.

Luckily we are a Buffalo Restaurant so i will have wings, pizza, wecks, and plenty of Canadian Beer!

Once the draft ends, turn my attention towards the bridesmaids! Ha

Lol I will be taking my personal jet to my summer mansion in the Virgin Islands. From there I will board one of my many yachts where my personal chefs will prepare me a meal fit for a king. I will then be watching the festivities on my 999" LED flatscreen.