A bunch of smokescreens?

I am all over the place on this draft and have no idea where the Bills will go. I just had a thought that maybe the Bills leaking of all if these names are just smokescreens so that someone doesn't trade up for Geno?

The evidence:

-naturally, everyone will link Nassib to them so they didn't need to feed that.

-Barkley being "their guy" was a late revelation that came out as Geno to Cleveland was thrown out.

-My source that gave me Kolb and the schedule leaks told me a month ago that the Bills liked Geno the EJ then Tyler Wilson. He didn't think that Geno would be there and the board can obviously change over a month.

-Russ Brandon definitely has the power now and I am sure that he likes the idea of the top rated QB

-Austin is another guy that is gaining some late momentum and maybe that is plan b. If Geno is gone make someone trade up for Austin or take him yourself.

I am just thinking out loud but I guess that it's possible. Maybe they are acting like Geno isn't an option so that someone doesn't jump in front if them to scoop him up?

Edited by Kirby Jackson

I am all over the place on this draft and have no idea where the Bills will go. I just had a thought that maybe the Bills leaking of all if these names are just smokescreens so that someone doesn't trade up for Geno?

The evidence:

-naturally, everyone will link Nassib to them so they didn't need to feed that.

-Barkley being "their guy" was a late revelation that came out as Geno to Cleveland was thrown out.

-My source that gave me Kolb and the schedule leaks told me a month ago that the Bills liked Geno the EJ then Tyler Wilson. He didn't think that Geno would be there and the board can obviously change over a month.

-Russ Brandon definitely has the power now and I am sure that he likes the idea of the top rated QB

-Austin is another guy that is gaining some late momentum and maybe that is plan b. if Geno is gone make someone trade up for Austin or take him yourself.

I am just thinking out loud but I guess that it's possible. Maybe they are acting like Geno isn't an option so that someone doesn't jump in front if them to scoop him up.

I think you're right that the Bills have been sending a lot of smokescreens up. Now I don't know if they like Geno Smith, but I bet they do like EJ Manuel. I simply can't buy into them liking Nassib or Barkley because of their physical limitations and their arm strength issues. Of course that's my hope as well...lol

If it's not QB I think the Bills will pick Jordan, Patterson or Austin. They will want an impact player with a huge upside at #8. Kind of what they did with the Spiller pick a few years ago and that seems to have worked out very well for them.

So hard to say......Jax, Raiders, Eagles and now even Cleveland have all been public about Geno in the past month. Raiders are now obviously out. Would Jax send their entire personnel group to his pro day as a smokescreen? Given how frail Vick is, and Cousins possibly not a fit for his offense....does Philly have a legit interest?

Bravo to the FO if they planned it as you say - that would be quite impressive given our history - but I think they had to mock as if he would be gone by 8 in most cases.

overall, I cannot recall a draft that had a top 10 with so few consensus locks. This thing can go a million ways.

Cant wait!

That's funny I was just thinking the same thing. The past couple weeks there's been more publicity around Barkley, Nassib and Manuel and all of a sudden it actually seems pretty likely that Geno will be there at #8. It could be that the Bills are playing everybody but I think it's just the agents of the other 3 pushing hard to get them as much exposure as possible. They can be signed for an extra year if they're drafted in the 1st round so you know that's what the agents want.

I think you're right that the Bills have been sending a lot of smokescreens up. Now I don't know if they like Geno Smith, but I bet they do like EJ Manuel. I simply can't buy into them liking Nassib or Barkley because of their physical limitations and their arm strength issues. Of course that's my hope as well...lol

If it's not QB I think the Bills will pick Jordan, Patterson or Austin. They will want an impact player with a huge upside at #8. Kind of what they did with the Spiller pick a few years ago and that seems to have worked out very well for them.

You give NFL GMs far too much credit. The only "smokescreens" going up are from media idiots trying to pretend they have inside information.

You give NFL GMs far too much credit. The only "smokescreens" going up are from media idiots trying to pretend they have inside information.

Maybe you're right, but seems like the last couple years, the inside info about the Bills draft was consistent. This year, it seems like it's all over the place on who Bills like. Easy to predict Gilmore, Dareus, and even Spiller the past 3 years. Honestly have no idea what direction Bills are gonna take at #8.

Idk, Jay Glazer was on Jay Mohr Sports today stating that numerous teams have come to him asking him to float info for them. Take it FWIW.

Guessing on their wishlist:

still think genos 1

I don't think you'll see a pass rusher or guard

Would love milliner

Would love Austin but willing to deal him

No clue on order for ej, Barkley, nassib but think 1 if not two would be in play if geno is gone

We will see

Edited by NoSaint

I think that the Bills have done a pretty good job leading up to this draft. There are a lot of teams looking to trade down and the Bills have done a good job of making their pick valuable. Regardless of what ends up happening they are certainly leveraging it as best they can.

I knew they were gonna pick the worst QB of the lot! EJ Manual :thumbdown: God help us (again).

You are a fool for saying that. I wasn't high on EJ Manuel but there's no way any of us can predict he will fail or be great. I'm trusting Marrone, Nix and Whaley on this. They knew Nassib better than anyone and passed on him. They knew and prepared vs Barkley and Geno and obviously saw flaws. None of us knows how good EJ will be?!? I'm supporting it. EJ sounds like a smart guy, hard worker and loves being in Buffalo. Good start for him.