Aaron Williams moved to Safety

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

CB round one?

Nah. Gilmore and McLuv'n are set at the corners, with Brooks as the nickle. Any dime or reserve help can come via the later rounds.

That said, do they rely as much on Leodis in the return game now that he has full-time starting responsibilities? That will be interesting to watch at SJF...

Edited by Lurker

He surely looked lost at CB and a huge disappointment so far.

This may not be as big a switch as is easily presumed though. Pettine likes to play a three safety defense at times, which by definition replaces a CB with a S. The requirements of that third safety may not be all that different. Williams seemed to have the most trouble just turning and running with guys. If this is designed to just take advantage of him being better with the play in front of him, I'm all for it.

We clearly need another corner now. Leodis can start with Gilmore. Brooks has talent and potential in the slot. I know the Bills like this Crezdon Butler. I think Rogers is terrible. I would expect a veteran FA CB signed within a week. I hope so.

Nah. Gilmore and McLuv'n are set at the corners, with Brooks as the nickle. Any dime or reserve help can come via the later rounds.

That said, do they rely as much on Leodis in the return game now that he has full-time starting responsibilities? That will be interesting to watch at SJF...

This. Good point on the return game.

I've seen enough of Scott at LB.

Honestly in the nickel, he made soem plays. It's just that teams would recognized that, keep the Bills in that defense, and then run the ball against it. Scoot couldn't hold up at the point of attack.

And tip of the cap to a lot of posters here. People were calling for it and it happened. Hopefully, he can produce back there.

He surely looked lost at CB and a huge disappointment so far.

This may not be as big a switch as is easily presumed though. Pettine likes to play a three safety defense at times, which by definition replaces a CB with a S. The requirements of that third safety may not be all that different. Williams seemed to have the most trouble just turning and running with guys. If this is designed to just take advantage of him being better with the play in front of him, I'm all for it.

We clearly need another corner now. Leodis can start with Gilmore. Brooks has talent and potential in the slot. I know the Bills like this Crezdon Butler. I think Rogers is terrible. I would expect a veteran FA CB signed within a week. I hope so.

Rogers was terrible last year. He had no business playing on an NFL field. That being said, maybe our new coaching staff can coach him up to where he is at least competent.

But we certainly need another corner, preferably a veteran free agent, or someone with upside in the draft. Anyone for Tyrann Matheau? The guy is a baller...