Trade FJAX for extra picks

I've been a huge believer in CJ from day 1... Back up RB's are easy to find and to be honest.. Choice is not a bad back up either... solid vet, who can catch few balls out of back field.. This will be a Shotgun fast paced, style of offense. No doubt in my mind... They are "hinting" at it, but it is rather obvious at this point. Our D, is in MUCH better shape by subtraction (Wanny) who couldnt scheme if his life depended on it.. We still need to shore up LB corp and hopefully another solid corner, but with Byrd at FS and Searcy/ Williams if they move him over (which would be very smart, much more cut out for a safety than a CB. Our D has same potential it had last yr. We did absolutely nothing creative with our biggest asset, our front 4. I anticipate a lot more stunts, blitzes and flipping back and forth from 3/4 to a 4/3 alot and Bryant was a great addition and can play in both schemes and most importantly, it fits Dareus who is the key.. He had to deal with his brothers death early in seaon and was not same guy we saw year b4. He will be back, and ready to go...

Which leads me to... Trading Fjax... we will be throwing alot out of that offense and even though Freddy is a good receiver out of backfield, he is up there in age, has coming off 2 seasons where he's been injured and would give CJ ball more by simply subtracting him from equation. We will not command a lot of value on block, but getting maybe a 4th and lets say a 6th, in a draft that in loaded in mid rounds when we only have 6 picks and need to shore up OL, get a QB (either 1st or 2nd), and MUST get a guy that can play from day 1 at WR.. no more "project" WR's... TJ is fine as a 3rd at BEST, we need a legit WR2, that can be a starter and a FACTOR from day 1... we will be throwing ball alot and need playmakers outside BADLY.. i think we NEED to adress this in 2nd or at worst 3rd...

Teams like GB, SF would be GREAT fits for Freddy and would be sending him to a contender which is no disrespect to a pleyer who has been a "good guy". He may not be lead back on either squad, but would get as much work if not more than he will behind CJ. Marrone and Hackett must be foaming at mouth knowing they have a weapon like CJ. The guy will make at least 1 BIG play a game, be it on a run, or catch... I'd love to see us guy a kid like Hunter in the 2nd and a TE like Kelse (spelling) in 3 or 4th..

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Haven't seen one of these threads in a few weeks. Fred has almost no trade value, he'll be almost 33 during the season next year and can't stay healthy. We wouldn't get a 7th rounder next year for him. Especially after he just signed an extension and is getting paid more than another team will think he's worth

Edited by Hazed and Amuzed

No chance anyone is taking him. Back to back years with injuries, and he's in his 30's. I'm not even sure how many teams would sign him if he's a FA. And it's not really anything against FJ. He's a solid RB when healthy, it's just the name of the game when it comes to how much they are desired after a certain point.

I agree.

He knows the system and has great respect from teammates.

I'd rather keep him

CBF

At this point in his career, he has more value to us than a 6th or 7th round pick does.

I see what your saying, with regards to backups being a dime a dozen, but we got a damn good one. A 6th rounder doesnt make us that much better

Are people trolling in here? A 3rd or 4th rounder for FJax?

Nobody is giving up better than a 7th rounder for him. Please don't be foolish.

Haven't seen one of these threads in a few weeks. Fred has almost no trade value, he'll be almost 33 during the season next year and can't stay healthy. We wouldn't get a 7th rounder next year for him. Especially after he just signed an extension and is getting paid more than another team will think he's worth

100% agree, I love Freddy, But he has zero trade value. He brings far more value to the team as a backup/insurance policy for CJ

I've been a huge believer in CJ from day 1... Back up RB's are easy to find and to be honest.. Choice is not a bad back up either... solid vet, who can catch few balls out of back field.. This will be a Shotgun fast paced, style of offense. No doubt in my mind... They are "hinting" at it, but it is rather obvious at this point. Our D, is in MUCH better shape by subtraction (Wanny) who couldnt scheme if his life depended on it.. We still need to shore up LB corp and hopefully another solid corner, but with Byrd at FS and Searcy/ Williams if they move him over (which would be very smart, much more cut out for a safety than a CB. Our D has same potential it had last yr. We did absolutely nothing creative with our biggest asset, our front 4. I anticipate a lot more stunts, blitzes and flipping back and forth from 3/4 to a 4/3 alot and Bryant was a great addition and can play in both schemes and most importantly, it fits Dareus who is the key.. He had to deal with his brothers death early in seaon and was not same guy we saw year b4. He will be back, and ready to go...

Which leads me to... Trading Fjax... we will be throwing alot out of that offense and even though Freddy is a good receiver out of backfield, he is up there in age, has coming off 2 seasons where he's been injured and would give CJ ball more by simply subtracting him from equation. We will not command a lot of value on block, but getting maybe a 4th and lets say a 6th, in a draft that in loaded in mid rounds when we only have 6 picks and need to shore up OL, get a QB (either 1st or 2nd), and MUST get a guy that can play from day 1 at WR.. no more "project" WR's... TJ is fine as a 3rd at BEST, we need a legit WR2, that can be a starter and a FACTOR from day 1... we will be throwing ball alot and need playmakers outside BADLY.. i think we NEED to adress this in 2nd or at worst 3rd...

Teams like GB, SF would be GREAT fits for Freddy and would be sending him to a contender which is no disrespect to a pleyer who has been a "good guy". He may not be lead back on either squad, but would get as much work if not more than he will behind CJ. Marrone and Hackett must be foaming at mouth knowing they have a weapon like CJ. The guy will make at least 1 BIG play a game, be it on a run, or catch... I'd love to see us guy a kid like Hunter in the 2nd and a TE like Kelse (spelling) in 3 or 4th..

Love Spiller, love FJax, and would love the idea of trading Freddie, but doubt we'd get much in return. RBs are more of a commodity these days and a team could draft a guy in the 3 - 4 round and get years of production out of him, rather than an injury risk like Freddie and giving up picks to get him.

Unfortunately, I think the best we could do would be a 5th rounder and not sure if it's worth it. Freddie is a great compliment to Spiller, good locker room guy, and will be a valuable contributor to this team.

I love Fred and no offense to the OP, but it so much this that it really isn't worth talking about.