Bills sign UFA DT Alan Branch to 1 year deal

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He has been a very solid interior lineman in the NFL, if not spectacular. I know some Seahawks fans will be disappointed to see him sign elsewhere. What I like best about his stat line, in 7 years in the NFL, he has played in 15 or 16 games each season....except his second, in Arizona where he only saw action in 4 games.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/10477/alan-branch

Branch did start for two straight seasons on one of the NFL's best defenses over that span. He was regarded as an underachiever with Arizona but really developed into a solid force on the D-Line with Seattle.

Would be a welcome addition here.

Edited by BillsGuyInBallstonSpa

Maybe the Troup experiment has run its course...I'm surprised the Bills hasn't shown interest in Pouha (sp?) after being released from the Jets given his experience in Pettine's defensive scheme.

YeAh it def sounds like troup is done. Pouha is old I believe mid 30s? Branch would be a good signing and would give us a NT

YeAh it def sounds like troup is done. Pouha is old I believe mid 30s? Branch would be a good signing and would give us a NT

I agree with you. Just referencing Pouha understanding of the defense & run stuffing abilities (stop gap at best).

i don't know about that... they may not trust Troup to be healthy, but as the only current good fit as a 3-4 NT, they may keep him at least through training camp, with a chance to beat Branch if healthy or someone gets hurt. Esp. with KW and his achilles problems.