Bills sign UFA DT Alan Branch to 1 year deal

Wow...everyone actually...likes...this idea?

We need a dissenter and we need one fast or else The Wall will implode.

What the hell are the Bills thinking?? If Seahawks are letting him go he must suck!! (How's that?)

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like a very decent pick-up if signed. Goes along perfect with what Pettine wants to do, as with Branch on the field in the huddle, you really wouldn't know if we playing 3-4, 4-3 or 46, and also known as a run stuffer. This would be a very nice component part that didn't cost a ton.

Wow...everyone actually...likes...this idea?

We need a dissenter and we need one fast or else The Wall will implode.

Great, a guy whose team didn't think enough of him to keep him even after their defense finished 27, 28,15, 30 during his time there...

PASS

What the hell are the Bills thinking?? If Seahawks are letting him go he must suck!! (How's that?)

Great, a guy whose team didn't think enough of him to keep him even after their defense finished 27, 28,15, 30 during his time there...

PASS

I think we've managed to stabilize the universe.

Edited by BillsGuyInBallstonSpa

Like it! I imagine Lawson/Andeson/Rookie? next to Kyle Williams, with Branch in the middle, next to Dareus, and then Mario - an astoundingly solid 5 man front, with two linebackers behind, which would immediately turn to Kyle, Branch, Dareus 3-4 look, with the ends kicking out to OLB - now, imagine someone like Dion Jordan, Ansah, Werner, or Hunt in the Lawson/Anderson role - that would be even better!

With this signing, if it happens, we're that much closer to giving Pettine a managable roster - all that would remain to be addressed is an ILB and maybe that dynamic OLB and Pettine would have enough players to field a very competitive defense. I'm really beginning to warm up to the idea of solidifying this defense, getting a good LG (or LT and pushing Glenn to LG), and playing old-school, smash mouth, run-the-ball, control the clock football, with our great backs - that kind of ball could really keep us in games, and if we end up with a promising rookie QB and what is sure to be a bunch of rookie WR's, it would really take the pressure off of them, while also giving them a season to blossom, and we can go into next season with a much better understanding of what we need, offensively.

He's a good piece to start with!

Sounds like a very decent pick-up if signed. Goes along perfect with what Pettine wants to do, as with Branch on the field in the huddle, you really wouldn't know if we playing 3-4, 4-3 or 46, and also known as a run stuffer. This would be a very nice component part that didn't cost a ton.

id be happy with it. between the pursuit of davis, signing of kolb, and now this... it seems we are starting to look into options to fill some of the holes.

Hate it. He's only coming so he can get a free dinner at Tempo and then leave after wiping his azz with the offer sheet Nix hands him tomorrow morning. He's going to make us the laughingstock of the League, I tell you. THE LAUGHINGSTOCK OF THE LEAGUE!!!

Edited by Nanker

In a vacuum, I like. But we have other needs that are more important. I guess we need to get who we can get, though.

Agree we have other needs but a run stopping DT would be nice to have since we rank near the bottom in rush yards against annually.

Please explain how you come to this conclusion?

There doesn't seem to be a place for KW in a 3-4 (I know, it's gonna be a hybid) KW really can't play a 5 technique, he's not a DE. He's not a NT. (Yeah I know Ratliff, penetrating NT,) It's true any DT that can penetrate and create mayhem will fit anywhere on any D -- but KW was not good last year and has another achilles procedure and/or rehab to go. He's not the same guy. His game was explosive off the line -- always motoring and penetrating. Exploding off the line with two damaged achilles tendons is asking a lot. The FO is hedging their bets on KW. That's my take.