Bills sign UFA DT Alan Branch to 1 year deal

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's get some personality on this DL. We have Anderson who is seemingly passive. Williams who does not want to need. KW who is not a leader just role model and Dareus who is young...

Merriman would be nice, sad to say.

There doesn't seem to be a place for KW in a 3-4 (I know, it's gonna be a hybid) KW really can't play a 5 technique, he's not a DE. He's not a NT. (Yeah I know Ratliff, penetrating NT,) It's true any DT that can penetrate and create mayhem will fit anywhere on any D -- but KW was not good last year and has another achilles procedure and/or rehab to go. He's not the same guy. His game was explosive off the line -- always motoring and penetrating. Exploding off the line with two damaged achilles tendons is asking a lot. The FO is hedging their bets on KW. That's my take.

But you also have DL Kelsay, Merriman, spencer johnson and kyle moore not currently on the roster. I would think they might want to replace a guy or two there. And if they classify Mario and/or anderson as olb's that leaves you even shorter on DL. I think there will be room for both and I think he replaces Johnson more than anyone else.

Serious question: when did the Bills stop pumping text notifications through their smart phone app!?

Not sure they did; they might just not send everything via both routes (straight text vs. app).

They clearly need a run-stuffer. I'm sure Pettine wanted DeVito, but he got scooped up pretty quick by the Chiefs.

Buffalo actually offered him a deal, but he wanted the assurance of a starting spot, which we couldn't offer.

At least, that was according to the USA Today.