Ryan Nassib - QB - Syracuse

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jaworski just compared Nassib to Russell Wilson.

Perhaps he was comparing them based on one single facet of their game?

Otherwise, WTF is he talking about?

I watched the entire video, Nassib looked good. One of those interceptions was all on his WR stumbling, and he had multiple passes that were dropped.

Looked good to me.

How would you describe his throwing motion?

Perhaps he was comparing them based on one single facet of their game?

Otherwise, WTF is he talking about?

How would you describe his throwing motion?

Not the smoothest I've ever seen. And in regards to Jaworksi, I can't speak to what he was saying since I didn't see the comparison he was making, but I respect his opinion and I would venture to guess whatever point he was trying to make, was a salient one.

?

Tom Brady's a fraud?

Nah... attempting to make a point. The dude posted Nassib vs. USC video. The poster obviously intended that video to be the truth, whole truth and nothing but the truth on Nassib. He wanted to show Nassib in a bad light in one of his worst performances... Thus my Brady analaogy... one bad game that he looked God awful. For whatever reason, the poster puts the Syracuse football program on par with USC in this case, there's no difference to him of talent level at every position. He apparently has no conception of an unranked team playing a top 5 team in a season opener for both. Nassib is supposed to lose and look bad doing it. Barkely and the Trojans are supposed to run roughshod over them, and they do.... I mean, what was the line back then, Cuse + 29?

Not the smoothest I've ever seen. And in regards to Jaworksi, I can't speak to what he was saying since I didn't see the comparison he was making, but I respect his opinion and I would venture to guess whatever point he was trying to make, was a salient one.

It was in regards to how both players set themselves before throwing to the sideline. Following that statement, Schefter said at least one NFL team doesn't even have Nassib on their draft board.

I'm glad I'm not an NFL GM for this draft.

Anybody who says that Ryan Nassib is not an accurate passer just doesnt know what they are talking about.......

Simple as that.

I think people are getting to worked up about the fact that he is from Syracuse and the new HC is from there as well...its not Nassib's fault that Morrone was hired.

And Barkeley is a accurate passer as well.

Why is it so hard to understand that either one of these guys fits this WCO offense?

People are getting worked up because Nassib is an almost consensus 40th-50th best player in the draft and the Bills are being talked about as possibly drafting him at #8. Why stop in the first round over drafting western NY college payers like Nassib? Why not overdraft fellow Syracuse players Thomas and Lemon with the second and third rounds? They know Marrone's system, right? Why put the brakes on the "homer" plan? They could then move on to picking some UB players in the later rounds. Then the Bills can change their logo to the banjo player in Deliverance.

People are getting worked up because Nassib is an almost consensus 40th-50th best player in the draft and the Bills are being talked about as possibly drafting him at #8. Why stop in the first round over drafting western NY college payers like Nassib? Why not overdraft fellow Syracuse players Thomas and Lemon with the second and third rounds? They know Marrone's system, right? Why put the brakes on the "homer" plan? They could then move on to picking some UB players in the later rounds. Then the Bills can change their logo to the banjo player in Deliverance.

I don't believe you know what the word consensus means:

Consensus: a : general agreement : unanimity <the consensus of their opinion, based on reports

Russ Lande, Cossell, two of the more respected evaluators disagree. Therefore making your statement a bunch of poppy rooster.

Nah... attempting to make a point. The dude posted Nassib vs. USC video. The poster obviously intended that video to be the truth, whole truth and nothing but the truth on Nassib. He wanted to show Nassib in a bad light in one of his worst performances... Thus my Brady analaogy... one bad game that he looked God awful. For whatever reason, the poster puts the Syracuse football program on par with USC in this case, there's no difference to him of talent level at every position. He apparently has no conception of an unranked team playing a top 5 team in a season opener for both. Nassib is supposed to lose and look bad doing it. Barkely and the Trojans are supposed to run roughshod over them, and they do.... I mean, what was the line back then, Cuse + 29?

That's a really good point. Because I notice that whenever you talk about Nassib or link a video of him, you are sure to point out his deficiencies as well as his strengths, and mention his poor play as well as his great games, insisting against your better judgment on being the model of equity and fairness.

People are getting worked up because Nassib is an almost consensus 40th-50th best player in the draft

Yeah I have to disagree with that too. Some have him ranked as a 3rd round talent (*cough*) and Shefter just said that one team doesn't even have him on their draft board (lol).

That consensus comment is not remotely true.

Btw, Ryan Griffin has had more pre-draft visits than your boy Matt Scott. Maybe we should draft him instead, since that is such a good indicator.

Ryan Griffin - QB - Player

According to ESPN's Chris Mortensen, Tulane's Ryan Griffin has conducted more pre-draft workouts than any other quarterback in the draft.

I don't believe you know what the word consensus means:

Consensus: a : general agreement : unanimity <the consensus of their opinion, based on reports

Russ Lande, Cossell, two of the more respected evaluators disagree. Therefore making your statement a bunch of poppy rooster.

Both are outliers, especially Russ Lande. As for guys like Jaws and Gruden, they're a couple of TV personalities who certainly don't make a living ranking all draft eligible players from top to bottom. I gave four reputable rankings the other day with Nassib in the #40-50 range (CBS, GBN Report, Brandt, Mayock). Here's three more Nassib rankings... DraftCountdown #60, Walterfootball #98, DraftTek #47, hence my using of the word consensus.

Both are outliers, especially Russ Lande. As for guys like Jaws and Gruden, they're a couple of TV personalities who certainly don't make a living ranking all draft eligible players from top to bottom.

No rational thinking person agrees with you.

Both are outliers, especially Russ Lande. As for guys like Jaws and Gruden, they're a couple of TV personalities who certainly don't make a living ranking all draft eligible players from top to bottom. I gave four reputable rankings the other day with Nassib in the #40-50 range (CBS, GBN Report, Brandt, Mayock). Here's three more Nassib rankings... DraftCountdown #60, Walterfootball #98, DraftTek #47, hence my using of the word consensus.

If your so unhappy with Nassib why do you waste your time in this thread? You've made your point, now move on.

If your so unhappy with Nassib why do you waste your time in this thread? You've made your point, now move on.

If we draft Nassib I envsion 1billsfan crusading non-stop every single day until his first pass as a pro and then he will crusade some more.

No rational thinking person agrees with you.

Actually Russ Lande has him ranked as the top overall player in the draft. That's the textbook definition of a statistical outlier. And when's the last time anyone heard Gruden say anything negative about someone in his camp? The guy was campaigning for Tebow and Clausen for crying out loud.

does this mean we can bring back naaman?

Actually Russ Lande has him ranked as the top overall player in the draft. That's the textbook definition of a statistical outlier. And when's the last time anyone heard Gruden say anything negative about someone in his camp? The guy was campaigning for Tebow and Clausen for crying out loud.

Well I guess this means that you don't understand what the term outlier means.

outlier:

: a statistical observation that is markedly different in value from the others of the sample

So we have Russ Lande and Cosell who both have him as the top QB. We have guys like Gruden who believes the same. We also know that there are various publications that rate him in the top two and top three.

We also know that there various speculative reports that have various GM's rating him as the top QB.

Which pretty much throws the outlier argument out the window.

outlier:

: a statistical observation that is markedly different in value from the others of the sample

So we have Russ Lande and Cosell who both have him as the top QB. We have guys like Gruden who believes the same. We also know that there are various publications that rate him in the top two and top three.

We also know that there various speculative reports that have various GM's rating him as the top QB.

If it makes you feel better saying that then so be it. But those two draft guys are outliers. Gruden's a bozo. Have you watched his Camp Gruden shows? He's a bozo. I gave 7 reputable draft sources that rank players top to bottom and he's anywhere from #44-98 in those rankings. Other than Russ Lande's rankings, please show me at least three "player ranking" sources that show Nassib as having a high ranking. I gave 7 (CBS, GBN Report, Brandt, Mayock, DraftCoutdown, Walterfootball, DraftTek), you have 1 (Russ Lande).

Where is Nassib on Kiper's or McShay's boards? Anyone have that?

outlier:

Well you have incorrectly assumed that an outlier is limited to one data point, which it certainly is not. As a matter of fact, the definition you just posted for outlier(s) applies perfectly to Mr Lande and Cosell. How many people have Nassib ranked as a 2nd or 3rd round player? 30? 40? 50?

If it makes you feel better saying that then so be it. But those two draft guys are outliers. Gruden's a bozo. Have you watched his Camp Gruden shows? He's a bozo. I gave 7 reputable draft sources that rank players top to bottom and he's anywhere from #44-98 in those rankings. Other than Russ Lande's rankings, please show me at least three "player ranking" sources that show Nassib as having a high ranking. I gave 7 (CBS, GBN Report, Brandt, Mayock, DraftCoutdown, Walterfootball, DraftTek), you have 1 (Russ Lande).

Where is Nassib on Kiper's or McShay's boards? Anyone have that?

McShay has him going #8 to the Bills. TSW wouldn't let me link to the article that says it because that links to a pay article I guess. But it's true.

Not sure what Kiper says, I don't think he likes Nassib as much as McShay.

Neither of them are very good, however.

it will be absolutely gut wrenching if they take this kid in the 1st or 2nd round. Just watch the USC tape, he is not an accurate passer.

So you can watch highlights of one game (the season opener of his senior year) on youtube and tell everything about what he is and has the potential to become? Wow you're good.

See that's a prediction though, not a ranking. I actually think the Bills take him at 8 as well, but I think he's a 3rd round talent.

I understand that, but because certain positions are higher rated than others, that is a more important issue as to how much they are valued. Otherwise, kickers and punters, safeties, guards, centers and tight ends would take up 25% of the top 10 and 20 and 32.

I'm not arguing for or against Nassib, but are people watching the USC film beyond the first few plays? I understand it's not a highlight reel, but it's not bad for a so-called "bad" performance. He was jittery on the first few pass attempts with the interception being the one "horrible" play. Playing the #2 team in the second week of the season? I thought he settled down and through the ball decently after the first couple series....

ive watched the video's posted here and i gotta side with the haters..........Nassib is gonna be horrific............puleeeeze don't do it buffalo.

smooth play action (before he throws)........everything else looks brutal IMO. 4 more years of crying about a terrible qb on deck........Don't do it..

ive watched the video's posted here and i gotta side with the haters..........Nassib is gonna be horrific............puleeeeze don't do it buffalo.

smooth play action (before he throws)........everything else looks brutal IMO. 4 more years of crying about a terrible qb on deck........Don't do it..

I can foresee the Bills picking Ryan Nassib at #8 and the Jets picking Geno Smith at #9 or #13 and the Bills getting whacked up side the head twice a year by a vengeful Geno Smith for the next 10-15 years. This possibility is so upsetting to even think about. Could the Buffalo Bills really be THAT stupid?

i do fear that scenario as well 1billsfan............only Buddy could ignore the top qb (and the performances of young top qb's lately) to pull the trigger on a lesser talent

ryan l billz is ready to become ryan l panthers if this debacle plays out this way with Geno kicking our butts...

i do fear that scenario as well 1billsfan............only Buddy could ignore the top qb (and the performances of young top qb's lately) to pull the trigger on a lesser talent

ryan l billz is ready to become ryan l panthers if this debacle plays out this way with Geno kicking our butts...

This may surprise you but there is a chance that not every team has Geno as the #1 QB. Just saying.

Schefter has said a team told him Nassib is the top QB on their board. Others have him rated as a 4th round pick, and one team considers him completely undraftable and isn't reviewing him at all. Part of what makes this draft so interesting is the wide range of opinions on these quarterbacks.

Schefter has said a team told him Nassib is the top QB on their board. Others have him rated as a 4th round pick, and one team considers him completely undraftable and isn't reviewing him at all. Part of what makes this draft so interesting is the wide range of opinions on these quarterbacks.

I saw his tweet so I know he reported it, and I don't know this, but I would bet every cent I could get my hand on that no team believes him to be undraftable.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/mike-freeman/22122564/gm-worst-draft-in-past-10-to-12-years

"There are always a variety of opinions about the NFL Draft. Opinions are like, well, you know. But a high-ranking team executive I trust implicitly says this: "Worst draft in past 10 years or longer."

"When we look back at this draft in five or 10 years," said the team executive, "we might view it as one of the worst we've seen in some time."

"...It does say a lot about this quarterback class when Ryan Nassib could be a top-10 pick. One scout called him Ryan NaLeaf, a totally unfair comparison to the epic bust, Ryan Leaf. Unfair, but kind of funny."

Cryan L Billz :nana:

Edited by dog14787

I tell you, I'm absolutely torn on Nassib. He was my guy until about a month ago when I started doing all of my EJ research. Now, I keep hearing about the love for Barkley. I can't tell what's hype and what's legit.

I'm going to overall trust the coaching staff. It's overall tough because there really isn't a guy that screams for #8 overall, but we need our QB. I wouldn't care if we get the wrong guy and try again next year. We need someone. And it would be terrible if we missed out on our guy because we waited until 41 or traded back into the 1st too late.

I think I'm just beyond the point to think rationally about it.

For Nassib, I feel like the consensus is that he's a smart kid, can make all the throws. However, lacks touch the short throws and puts too much air under the deep throws. However, he still makes them. To be honest, sounds a little bit like Fitz but with better downfield accuracy.

What kills me is that, while I know it's only me watching tape, EJ made every single throw with the touch, velocity, and power you would want. But, there has to be a reason many aren't talking about him at 8.

I'm fried. I'm just going to watch, relax the best I can, and hope Marrone gets his guy.

Thank you Boone.

Guys on both sides of this debate have lots of ammo and you're not gonna agree.

This entire QB class is more polarizing than any I can recall.

Now, I keep hearing about the love for Barkley. I can't tell what's hype and what's legit.

Just watch the videotape and trust what you see.

Even if it ends up that you're wrong on your evaluations, the chances of you being right are greater next year when we do this again.

McShay has him going #8 to the Bills. TSW wouldn't let me link to the article that says it because that links to a pay article I guess. But it's true.

Not sure what Kiper says, I don't think he likes Nassib as much as McShay.

Neither of them are very good, however.

I've always considered McShay to be quite the buffoon, but he does have the best record in predicting the first round among himself, Kiper, and Mayock over the past three seasons.