Possible Flynn trade to Raiders, Palmer to Cardinals

Virgil

Same. And for the BILLS It makes the most sense. All of these guys are about equal, but Nassib knows the staff, they know him, he knows the offense etc.

Knows what offense? The Syracuse offense?? Is that what the Bills will be running this year? Seriously?

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you want to win at all costs. You take a later round QB and tank the season. You cut out the rot and rebuild. You can't build over bad foundation.

We really don't have a bad foundation. We have two pro bowlers on the Dline, a pro bowl safety, a good Oline, a very good corner and CJ Spiller. This team gets a good LB and QB we can and will be competitive

Based on the free agents available, what we have in T. Jackson, and the QBs that will be drafted this year, I think the best option for this season would be to sign Carson Palmer and draft a QB after the first round this year. I understand that Palmer would be a stog gap, but I think he is better than our other available options (certainly better than T. Jackson), and I am getting the sense that this is a below average group of QBs available in the draft.

I also understand that Palmer may go to Arizona, but if he gets cut by the Raiders, the Bills should try to sign him.

Same. And for the BILLS It makes the most sense. All of these guys are about equal, but Nassib knows the staff, they know him, he knows the offense etc.

Why isn't Ryan Nassib considered 1st round/franchise QB material after spending 4 years with our new head coach? Does Doug Marrone need two more years to make him into a franchise QB? That would make six years. It defies logic that Marrone thinks Nassib is franchise QB material. He's had him for four years and has coached him up to as good as he's ever going to get.

Edited by 1billsfan

Geno to Jags or Philly, no way he lands in Buffalo if we stay at #8

And that is even if Smith is there at #8. No way do the Bills see a qb that worked exclusively out of the shotgun and spread a fit for their offense.

And that is even if Smith is there at #8. No way do the Bills see a qb that worked exclusively out of the shotgun and spread a fit for their offense.

Unless.... Marrone like the spread? A great number of pro coaches are shifting towards its philosophy.

Why isn't Ryan Nassib considered 1st round/franchise QB material after spending 4 years with our new head coach? Does Doug Marrone need two more years to make him into a franchise QB? That would make six years. It defies logic that Marrone thinks Nassib is franchise QB material. He's had him for four years and has coached him up to as good as he's ever going to get.

Yes, because we all know you peak in college??

Nassib has been pegged as a late first round pick or early second. If the Bills want to be guaranteed that they get him they will pick him in the first. I am not endorsing that move but seems the most likely. I would personally rather see them draft EJ.. but have a feeling they are going to take Nassib.. I think Geno will be gone.. and even if there still think they would take Nassib..

I'm sure they don't plan on running Syracuse's exact offense, but I can see them feeling most comfortable with Nassib. They know his strengths and weaknesses better than anyone else and coming up with an offense to suit him shouldn't be complicated.

Just looking at this logically..

The Raiders are apparently on the verge of trading for Flynn. The current hold up is one last ditch effort to restructure Palmer's contract. The theory on that is he wants out and won't budge.

So if that trade goes through, Palmer then gets cut. From there, Arizona is strongly interested in signing.

If both of those happen, then that's two less teams ahead of us that need a quarterback.

With that, I think this also says a lot about first round qb talent if these teams would rather try their luck with these retreads than take Geno, who would have been there.

Either way, should be an interesting development and have a significant impact

All of these teams ahead of us have been grabbing stop-gap QB's. I wouldn't be surprised if KC even took a QB at #1 overall.

True, but if some peoples grades on this years college crop are correct. What does a team that puts winning or at least trying to improve as a primary goal really have to lose? other than cash?

Matt Flynn was a 7th round pick & essentially Trent Dilfer in college.

We really don't have a bad foundation. We have two pro bowlers on the Dline, a pro bowl safety, a good Oline, a very good corner and CJ Spiller. This team gets a good LB and QB we can and will be competitive

Completely disagree. This is going to be the worst team in the history of sports. Can't wait to brag about how right I am after the season.

My take as well. With the same HC and OC I've gotta believe Ryan is the most NFL ready rookie. If we could get him at #41 I'd be pretty darn pleased.

I'm totally bummed we didn't get Flynn though, along with a rookie...and/or a rookie next year.

This is all interesting but to say I'm not becoming concerned would be a lie. We run the risk of Tjax being our starting QB this year. I honestly don't interpret this as a promising thought by any stretch.

Lets hope Doug can somehow pull a rabbit out of a hat here.

jb

Matt Flynn was a 7th round pick & essentially Trent Dilfer in college.

Completely disagree. This is going to be the worst team in the history of sports. Can't wait to brag about how right I am after the season.

Worst team in sports thats a stretch, we will not go 0-16 the Lions did one year we will not. The final 53 man roster isn't even set. I am not saying the Bills are going to battle for a play off spot, but counting them out before even the draft or final roster is set. We don't even know how Doug Marrone is going to coach... we will not go 0-16

Worst team in sports thats a stretch, we will not go 0-16 the Lions did one year we will not. The final 53 man roster isn't even set. I am not saying the Bills are going to battle for a play off spot, but counting them out before even the draft or final roster is set. We don't even know how Doug Marrone is going to coach... we will not go 0-16

Tongue was firmly in cheek my friend. It's a reaction to what half of the people think here. I have very little doubt we are going 6-10 or 7-9 like always haha.

Yes, because we all know you peak in college??

Nassib has been pegged as a late first round pick or early second. If the Bills want to be guaranteed that they get him they will pick him in the first. I am not endorsing that move but seems the most likely. I would personally rather see them draft EJ.. but have a feeling they are going to take Nassib.. I think Geno will be gone.. and even if there still think they would take Nassib..

I'm sure they don't plan on running Syracuse's exact offense, but I can see them feeling most comfortable with Nassib. They know his strengths and weaknesses better than anyone else and coming up with an offense to suit him shouldn't be complicated.

Just looking at this logically..

That wasn't the question. The question is, why after four years under Marrone isn't Nassib considered a solid 1st round/franchise QB pick? Why isn't he considered the franchise QB that McNabb was coming out of college? It's only logical that either Marrone got the best of Nassib's average talent, or Marrone sucks at coaching his QBs up.

It's got nothing to do with peaking.