Possible Flynn trade to Raiders, Palmer to Cardinals

Virgil

The Raiders are apparently on the verge of trading for Flynn. The current hold up is one last ditch effort to restructure Palmer's contract. The theory on that is he wants out and won't budge. So if that trade goes through, Palmer then gets cut. From there, Arizona is strongly interested in signing. If both of those happen, then that's two less teams ahead of us that need a quarterback. With that, I think this also says a lot about first round qb talent if these teams would rather try their luck with these retreads than take Geno, who would have been there. Either way, should be an interesting development and have a significant impact

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only team to worry about now is Jax, and I don't see them taking a qb with all those holes. Just not sure they can give up on Gabbert yet. If Flynn goes to Oakland, there could be a great chance Geno ends up in Buffalo

Only team to worry about now is Jax, and I don't see them taking a qb with all those holes. Just not sure they can give up on Gabbert yet. If Flynn goes to Oakland, there could be a great chance Geno ends up in Buffalo

True, but as the original poster points out, Smith will be there because other team's desperate for a QB have filled their need temporarily with journeymen (Alex Smith, if the trade goes through: Oakland with Flynn and Arizona with Drew Stafford and possibly Carson Palmer.)

I would be very leery of taking any of these QBs as the teams ahead of the Bills are looking like they are running from them. Now, maybe they can get lucky and hit on one of the QBs in the draft, but I think there is a very high bust-potential if they draft a QB in round 1 this year. All of the signs are pointing to other teams not wanting these guys.

True, but as the original poster points out, Smith will be there because other team's desperate for a QB have filled their need temporarily with journeymen (Alex Smith, if the trade goes through: Oakland with Flynn and Arizona with Drew Stafford and possibly Carson Palmer.)

I would be very leery of taking any of these QBs as the teams ahead of the Bills are looking like they are running from them. Now, maybe they can get lucky and hit on one of the QBs in the draft, but I think there is a very high bust-potential if they draft a QB in round 1 this year. All of the signs are pointing to other teams not wanting these guys.

Exactly.

As for the Gabbert talk, I've read the same rumblings that the new GM would take someone else in a heartbeat if he thought it would be an upgrade.

While I know the Bills need a QB, I'd be scared if the 4 teams picking ahead of us that equally need one all passed on them too.

At this point, I think I'm in the boat of taking BPA and grabbing Nassib, Manuel, etc in Round 2 or trading back late round 1

Drew Stafford?...So the Sabres finally dumped him. :lol:

ah, yes, all these teams that have f'ed up their qb situations getting vets are getting more vets. clearly proof that we shouldnt take a qb.

oakland going from carson to flynn

kc from cassell to smith

arizona from kolb to hopefully palmer

Interesting, I see the raiders, one of the bottom feeders actually getting back on the right path. The Palmer deal was not done by current FO staff. And, Al Davis kid seems to be serious about the team with out the old mans pageantry.

At least like KC their trying to get better. Even with 2nd choice QB candidates.

I just couldn't imagine the Bills passing on a prospect like Geno Smith. While I have my reservations about him, having a guy who threw that many TD passes fall into Buffalo's lap at #8 and passing on him would be kind of an outrageous move. If Smith fell to the Bills he'd probably have a very big chip on his shoulders. That would be a very good thing. Thurman Thomas had that draft day chip. Now if they pass on him and target Scott with their second pick because they like him better, well of course you know I'd be on board for that...LOL But that would be an extremely gutsy move. I like Scott (and Manuel) a lot, but I don't think I could even pass on Geno Smith if he were there. Let him spend the rest of his career proving all of those QB needy teams ahead of the Bills wrong.

Interesting, I see the raiders, one of the bottom feeders actually getting back on the right path. The Palmer deal was not done by current FO staff. And, Al Davis kid seems to be serious about the team with out the old mans pageantry.

At least like KC their trying to get better. Even with 2nd choice QB candidates.

Settling for backups and "2nd choice QB candidates" is not the right path.