If You Could Make One Song Disappear Forever ...

Gugny

Anything Gordon Lightfoot should probably be banned since he changed his name to Usama Islama or something like that and moved to France and bad mouths America. Screw him.

He still had one good song: "Wreck of the Edmund Fitzpatrick"

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't get why anyone would put Gordon Lightfoot in this thread. I mean, I know he's Canadian, but he's a very good song writer.

Anything Gordon Lightfoot should probably be banned since he changed his name to Usama Islama or something like that and moved to France and bad mouths America. Screw him.

Are you sure you're not thinking of Cat Stevens?

Stairway to Heaven

Its a downer and I hate how everybody is expected to stop whatever else they were doing and go into worship mode whenever it comes on.

Is this going to turn into an unpopular music opinions thread? I'm in - Zeppelin sucked ass.

Are you sure you're not thinking of Cat Stevens?

He's a lot like Gordon Lightfoot but a different dude. He also had a lot of personal issues in the 70s like Lightfoot. Remember: in the 70s not a lot of people had personal problems like they do today. That's why people get Stevens and Lightfoot mixed up. Stevens issue was that his daughter Mary Stevens-Carpenter starved herself to death. He was widely seen as a bad father for letting this happen.

He's a lot like Gordon Lightfoot but a different dude. He also had a lot of personal issues in the 70s like Lightfoot. Remember: in the 70s not a lot of people had personal problems like they do today. That's why people get Stevens and Lightfoot mixed up. Stevens issue was that his daughter Mary Stevens-Carpenter starved herself to death. He was widely seen as a bad father for letting this happen.

You probably didn't know this, but in the 70's when no one else really had any personal problems (as you said), Lightfoot and Stevens actually did have some issues and, as I have been told, the two collaborated at a bar in Greenwich Village to write the first few verses of what later came to be known as "Bridge Over Troubled Water" (they actually wrote it on the back of the bar menu and titled it "We Have Problems Too"). So you are partly correct in saying Stevens had some problems but so did Lightfoot.

Okay, but here's an honest question: you can choose one song to be rid of forever. Do you choose this stupid Friday song...Or this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOOs-MqDOI0

LABillz, I don't normally agree with you on a lot of things....but I gather you have pretty good taste in music....maybe I missed something..but you really don't like this song? I think it is a great tune.