UPDATE: LB Karlos Dansby good match for new Bills defense scheme?

Lets say they sign Dansby. What does our front 7 look like:

3-4

K Williams Branch Dareus

Lawson Dansby Bradham Mario

4-3

Anderson K WIlliams Dareus Mario

Lawson Dansby ???

Just wondering

don't forget Anderson..he'll fill in somewhere on there

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets say they sign Dansby. What does our front 7 look like:

3-4

K Williams Branch Dareus

Lawson Dansby Bradham Mario

4-3

Anderson K WIlliams Dareus Mario

Lawson Dansby ???

Just wondering

FWIW during last week's mini camp:

On defense when the Bills went in to 3-4 looks, Marcell Dareus played nose tackle a majority of the time. Alan Branch and Alex Carrington played the ends beside him, while Mario Williams was an outside linebacker.

http://www.wgr550.co...ctices/16084776

Also, keep in mind Kyle Williams wasn't practicing.

Edited by uncle flap

I am late but my enthusiasm is full on.

If this gets done,i dont care about cost it aint my money, this could be one of the best moves Nix and co have made.

Dansby is a guy who is a perfect fit for us right now and we waited him out just long enough.

Jeebus, are the Bills starting to look competent ?

Kool aid all around and put it on my tab bartender!!

Very good fun gents very good indeed.

ahem get er done

and of course

Go Bills !!

I think it would be a great pickup if they can get it done. It certainly would lend credence to their wait and see approach. He had a great season last year, seems like he'd be a good fit for what Pettine wants to do. And he has knowledge of the other division opponents to boot.....

Moore's sort of fallen off of the face of the earth. I agree, he'd be a good short-term fix to a line that could use some veteran savy.

maybe we have made him some quiet offer.

like we did Dansby.

"hey man if you cant find anything that suits you give us a call we'd be glad to have you heres my cell# " as Whaley slides a scribbled napkin across the table

Edited by 3rdand12

like we did Dansby.

"hey man if you cant find anything that suits you give us a call we'd be glad to have you heres my cell# " as Whaley slides a scribbled napkin across the table

He probably offered him:

like we did Dansby.

I think that is exactly what happened. Moore was doing the same thing that Dansby was doing. He wanted starter money for a contender. Who could blame them? But this has been a weak FA almost across the board excluding a handful of players. Moore and Dansby weren't interested in visiting teams that didn't meet their wants. Now that the money and teams have died up some, they are lowering their demands and opening more options. Moore will sign with someone, like Dansby will. Just not his first choice or for the money he thought he deserved/wanted.

It seems at this point like Dansby would be more of a two-down linebacker which is fine.

The guy is a warrior and nails against the run.

Nope... he's a 3 downer. Not outstanding in coverage, but definitely no slouch. He is quite outspoken and had several disagreements with the Miami DC last season.

He probably offered him:

ha! oh i should have known Doc !

good stuff. and Kelly

I would very much like to be right and grab Moore also.

But first things first. I sincerely hope Dansby says yes. Takes a big load off the draft and improves the team rather nicely

The bills are gonna look very smart if they can pull this off

ssshhh..

Nope... he's a 3 downer. Not outstanding in coverage, but definitely no slouch. He is quite outspoken and had several disagreements with the Miami DC last season.

okay who is going to keep us up to the minute on this tomorrow ??

Maybe not a Tempo lunch date but i'm a little stoked here