UPDATE: LB Karlos Dansby good match for new Bills defense scheme?

That's what I think. The problem arises when Dansby realizes he's not going to get the money he wanted, does he want to come to a team like the Bills? This might be his best offer, and he may like Pettine and the way the team is looking. Buddy, however, didn't sound enthusiastic.

Could be gamesmanship. Basically saying we don't need him anymore but would still welcome him (if he lowers his price).

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well if we go after Brandon Moore instead I won't be too upset. We still have a lot of cap to burn so we gotta be signing someone.

Yes, that would be the direction I'd go after not getting OL help this weekend. He'd be a nice insurance policy for a line that has a lot of inexperience at the OG spot...

That's what I think. The problem arises when Dansby realizes he's not going to get the money he wanted, does he want to come to a team like the Bills? This might be his best offer, and he may like Pettine and the way the team is looking. Buddy, however, didn't sound enthusiastic.

This seems like a likely sticking point. Dansby is good, and I would be happy to have him, but no one is going to overpay for a non-superstar, non-pass rusher QB who is past 30. As also pointed out, it could be gamesmanship, and taking a LB who could possibly start, I don't know of any other suitors who walked away from the draft desperate...maybe the Ravens, but they just had a ton of cash tied up with Flacco.

As I speculated upthread, Dansby probably came in hoping for $4 million per and the Bills probably weren't willing to go much past $2 million.

I'm guessing they've whittled down the difference but not to the point of agreement.

As I speculated upthread, Dansby probably came in hoping for $4 million per and the Bills probably weren't willing to go much past $2 million.

I'm guessing they've whittled down the difference but not to the point of agreement.

Dansby's next move may be to wait to training camps open and see if any injuries re-open demand for him. That's a very risky move for a 30+ year old guy, but one that would help him get paid...

There's no reason for the Bills or Dansby to panic at this point. It's April. If I were Dansby's agent, I'd tell him to wait until training camp when someone like Pat Willis blows a tire and a team is more desperate for his services. There is simply no reason for him to sign a low offer at this point.

This seems like a likely sticking point. Dansby is good, and I would be happy to have him, but no one is going to overpay for a non-superstar, non-pass rusher QB who is past 30. As also pointed out, it could be gamesmanship, and taking a LB who could possibly start, I don't know of any other suitors who walked away from the draft desperate...maybe the Ravens, but they just had a ton of cash tied up with Flacco.

He would be a superstar with our current linebackers currently on the roster including new rookie !

The Jints are interested in him too. They drafted no LBs this year either.

The Jints can have him then. There's no need to sign a vet when we have promising young LBs in need of development. Save the money for Byrd. It's not like we are San Fran or Atlanta looking for the missing piece to push us over the top next season.

The Jints can have him then. There's no need to sign a vet when we have promising young LBs in need of development. Save the money for Byrd. It's not like we are San Fran or Atlanta looking for the missing piece to push us over the top next season.

I still think we should bring in Dansby on a one or two year deal, less than 3 million per. We are uber thin at MLB even with Kiko. If Sheppard and Kiko take the job from him good but what if we get injuries there? I don't buy into the idea that signing Dansby would take away playing time from a young player. If a guy like Brandham or Sheppard gets benched for Dansby than they simply weren't good enough.

The Jints are interested in him too. They drafted no LBs this year either.

Dan Connor currently slated as their starting MLB.....wasn't a starter on Dallas. Mark Herzlich behind him.

I would say they are going to have a good look at Mr. Dansby. They got gashed last year against the run.

I disagree. This is the best time to bring him in. He has swagger, he has exp, has played as a thumper and covered.

Alonso and Sheppard , Bradham White Moats(?) all could make use the the void of exp now that Barnett is gone. and heck the guy still hits and plays every play.

i wish that Bills find the money and just get him regardless. imagine his agent is the problem at this point. But since he has floated for this long and seen that Bills might be serious about getting good quickly....

I still think we should bring in Dansby on a one or two year deal, less than 3 million per. We are uber thin at MLB even with Kiko. If Sheppard and Kiko take the job from him good but what if we get injuries there? I don't buy into the idea that signing Dansby would take away playing time from a young player. If a guy like Brandham or Sheppard gets benched for Dansby than they simply weren't good enough.

yes Edited by 3rdand12

Well if we go after Brandon Moore instead I won't be too upset. We still have a lot of cap to burn so we gotta be signing someone.

You don't want Brandon Moore. Brandon Moore is a awful turnstile of a guard. I live in New Jersey I've seen a lot of him/listened to jet fans complain. Anything the Bills pay Brandon Moore would be overpayment. he sucks

I hate that mindset. It's nice for young guys to be surrounded by competent players. You learn how to play the game right and develop well when you can count on the guys on both sides of you. When you don't trust them, you get bad habits that are hard to break. See last year - think our linebackers got better playing in a disaster?

Not saying dansby is out savior but the "just throw a bunch of rookies out there" approach is rarely the right one. Especially with Kiki being an Oregon kid we won't see til after a late graduation I suspect

Edited by NoSaint

You don't want Brandon Moore. Brandon Moore is a awful turnstile of a guard. I live in New Jersey I've seen a lot of him/listened to jet fans complain. Anything the Bills pay Brandon Moore would be overpayment. he sucks

Really? PFF had him rated higher than Levitre for last year. Of course they also said George Wilson was pretty good.

I live in New Jersey too and I too hear a lot from Jets fans. The opinion of Brandon Moore I got was that he was a decent guard. Not great but not good but not terrible either. That's what I hear, and from the times I watch the Jets I see Brandon Moore as being decent.

That's great but obviously Dansby isn't going to sign for that anytime soon.