The Bills have a few holes to fill

chef4131

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beer fouls i.e. spilling beer, leaving a half drunken can only to find it in the morning, beer wasted because not taking the precaution to make sure it's not going to explode on you when you open it. Oh, and we cant forget, freezer beer! AHHHHH! Just some scary stuff right there.

I just had a scary thought--evidently this thread has become paranoia's sanctuary:

May be Ralphy had some sellers remorse.

May be the engine started pumping but Ralphy panicked not being behind the wheel.

May be the 'plan' has stalled because Ralphy got fussy, put his fingers in the pan, and now we're right back to where we were Dec. 31.

Excuse me sir...you are obviously a pro sports writer with a very stunted approach. I will argue more than 1 point if I choose to. Your option is to not read them.

If you think that Bradham is a starter and going to 4 LB sets with no one on the roster is not a self created issue then I am not sure what may be important to you.

We weakened ourselves at OL, LB, QB and WR for sure. Last year we cut at least 3 young WR with a chance and kept Ruvell Martin..who what a choice. Now the players we kept we are cutting...bad bad managing

When it is obvious that you have the need th cost goes up to fill the position, and we become more desparate to draft for need rather than the best player.

Anyone who has followed the NFL knows that.

So he points out the flaws in your thread and you go personal attack? Nice. For the record Dibs is correct. With Lawson our LB core is upgraded. To what extent we don't know yet. Nelson was out all season. And we clearly won't NOT have a QB. How many games was Fitz the difference maker in victory? Anyone stepping in is a wash. Likely an upgrade. Bad, Bad management? I respectfully submit the opposite...these are the first steps to building an NFL roster.

The bottom line is.....we won't do just fine until we get a good QB. Period. We might do better with a new coaching staff, but I can't envision us being "fine" until we have a QB.

You're exactly right. What we do outside of the QB position becomes futile unless we end up with one.

Just speaking in regard to other positions the salary cap naturally creates holes for teams. We are no different than any other team and have to make decisions on filling needs. I also believe outside of the QB position we are just as talented as many of the playoff teams.

Excuse me sir...you are obviously a pro sports writer with a very stunted approach. I will argue more than 1 point if I choose to. Your option is to not read them.

If you think that Bradham is a starter and going to 4 LB sets with no one on the roster is not a self created issue then I am not sure what may be important to you.

We weakened ourselves at OL, LB, QB and WR for sure. Last year we cut at least 3 young WR with a chance and kept Ruvell Martin..who what a choice. Now the players we kept we are cutting...bad bad managing

When it is obvious that you have the need th cost goes up to fill the position, and we become more desparate to draft for need rather than the best player.

Anyone who has followed the NFL knows that.

You wrote.....

".....just to stay even we need" .....and then listed a bunch of areas where you believed that we have become worse than last season.

You then finished with....

"Your thoughts?"

To which I gave my thoughts.

They consisted of a breakdown showing that in all of the areas apart from OG that you listed......we are basically the same as last season.

You then.....instead of rebutting or acknowledging the counter points I put forward against your initial premise.....responded with a bunch of sentences that barely touched on the original topic....even strangely mentioning Bryan Scott(who is still on the roster).

You don't have to be a fancy schmancy sports writer or rocket surgeon to expect that when somebody makes a specific statement.....and then asks for your opinion on said statement.....to have them actually debate that statement......particularly if it is dubious in it's logic.

If you want to randomly talk about random thoughts in a fragmented manner.....my advice is to not start threads on subjects that specify what the subject is about..........and don't bother asking other people what their thoughts are on it.

another linebacker (after signing Lawson) to start, a QB to start, a wide receiver to start, a starting off. guard, a back up off. guard, a safety, a defensive end, and that gets us back to where this team was last year...and that doesn't count a TE who is severly injured.

Way too many holes for a team who drafts as bad as we do....maybe we can talk Merriman to come out of retirement and safe the day.

Is it even possible for us to fill these holes before we create more. I do not think so! Your thoughts?

Agreed - we are coming off a 6-10 season and we are 2 steps behind that team with a entire new coaching staff. Starting in the hole there is a lot we need to do just to get back to 6-10.

Beer fouls i.e. spilling beer, leaving a half drunken can only to find it in the morning, beer wasted because not taking the precaution to make sure it's not going to explode on you when you open it. Oh, and we cant forget, freezer beer! AHHHHH! Just some scary stuff right there.

I'm afraid that the whole country is becoming increasingly illiterate.

Which brings me to a question I've wanted to ask you.

Did you intentionally misspell sandwich?

No probs. :devil:

dropbear1.jpg

Oh cool. A monotreme.

You make no mention of health related issues (spinal stenosis, ACL recovery, heart conditions). You also didn't itemize each of the 28 throws Geno made in his Pro Day. I feel cheated.

You forgot to show respect for levitre. The nerve of this board !

or Rinewault

Donald James

David Neilson

I'm scared that we will trade back into the 3rd round to pick up a promising LB prospect costing us a 7th rounder in 2015 and a conditional pick in 2016 which will turn out to be a 5th round pick which will be used by the Miami Dolphins to select a young kid out of Arkansas who will go on to be the greatest QB in NFL history and the Dolphins will go on to beat us twice a year for 10 consecutive seasons. We will rip the goal posts down, however, when we finally beat them in 2027 and it will be the happiest day of my life, but I will die the next day in a routine teeth cleaning. Thats what scares me.,

^^^ This right here scares the hell out of me! ^^^

Awesome ... :w00t:

We are doomed. We need a new QB, WR, TE, OG, LB's, Ss. We need to draft Geno or Barkley. Trade for Tebow, fire Nix, build a new stadium and did I miss anything?

No. You didn't miss anything, unlike the Bills FO which obviusly missed every class in "how to build a decent franchise 101". Sign Fritz to a disgusting large contract. Good decesion that was!!!!! Then we cut him kill the salary cap and leave ourselfs WITHOUT A QUARTERBACK!!!! At the same time we overprice our contract for a "superstar" super mario brother wannabe who can't improve anything but his bank ballance and our disgusting defense. We let our best player walk and lock up yet another DB leaving us with no true CB which we are garanteed to draft again this year or even worse draft a QB in one of the worst QB drafts EVER and if we are lucky we will draft Womak for crissake. A guard at #8! This team is so far gone they may as well pack up there bags now and than move to canada.

You do have to admit, we are very quiet and nobody here is quite sure if were in full blown rebuild, selective shopping of lesser-cost but quality talent, or trying to build a winner 2013....our moves are not as clearly indicative as other franchises when they are faced with each. There's a lot of work to do and Russ, the marketing guru, can't be thinking that patching holes like the ones we have with rookies, undrafted fa's and dumpster diving is going to sell out the Ralph. Nor will it help people to "keep the faith" if we go 0-3 out of the gate. So when a Dansby or a DHB come to the market and people would like to see them signed, it's because they want to see us be competitive now......if we are on a 3 year rebuilding plan, then we can obviously look beyond the 30+_ veteran crew....Antoine Winfield and Osi Umenyiora....and more towards the 26-28 y.o. mid-tier FA's that have their best years to come. It's not that we are dooooomed but we have seen teams year in and year out do 1-2 year drastic turnarounds.....with their intentions clear as day.....and successfully.

Here we are in dead silence and uncertain of wtf the governing strategy is at OBD.....is there disharmony already in the FO? Is the old man meddling? I am holding hope for a flurry of "good" FA's to be added strategically HOPEFULLY SOON that will spell out where we're going to draft, who's playing OG, LB, #1 WR and oh....QB. etc. I think it will happen but holy crap, its a little scary right now and I don't blame the doom/gloom crew. We have no clear direction.

You do have to admit, we are very quiet and nobody here is quite sure if were in full blown rebuild, selective shopping of lesser-cost but quality talent, or trying to build a winner 2013....our moves are not as clearly indicative as other franchises when they are faced with each. There's a lot of work to do and Russ, the marketing guru, can't be thinking that patching holes like the ones we have with rookies, undrafted fa's and dumpster diving is going to sell out the Ralph. Nor will it help people to "keep the faith" if we go 0-3 out of the gate. So when a Dansby or a DHB come to the market and people would like to see them signed, it's because they want to see us be competitive now......if we are on a 3 year rebuilding plan, then we can obviously look beyond the 30+_ veteran crew....Antoine Winfield and Osi Umenyiora....and more towards the 26-28 y.o. mid-tier FA's that have their best years to come. It's not that we are dooooomed but we have seen teams year in and year out do 1-2 year drastic turnarounds.....with their intentions clear as day.....and successfully.

Here we are in dead silence and uncertain of wtf the governing strategy is at OBD.....is there disharmony already in the FO? Is the old man meddling? I am holding hope for a flurry of "good" FA's to be added strategically HOPEFULLY SOON that will spell out where we're going to draft, who's playing OG, LB, #1 WR and oh....QB. etc. I think it will happen but holy crap, its a little scary right now and I don't blame the doom/gloom crew. We have no clear direction.

Very nicely worded post.

Like it or not, you are not the target of mirth that this thread is directed at.

Money ball = no big splash. Telling you, that's the reason we're so quiet. Picking through to find those that fit what we're looking for.

No. You didn't miss anything, unlike the Bills FO which obviusly missed every class in "how to build a decent franchise 101". Sign Fritz to a disgusting large contract. Good decesion that was!!!!! Then we cut him kill the salary cap and leave ourselfs WITHOUT A QUARTERBACK!!!! At the same time we overprice our contract for a "superstar" super mario brother wannabe who can't improve anything but his bank ballance and our disgusting defense. We let our best player walk and lock up yet another DB leaving us with no true CB which we are garanteed to draft again this year or even worse draft a QB in one of the worst QB drafts EVER and if we are lucky we will draft Womak for crissake. A guard at #8! This team is so far gone they may as well pack up there bags now and than move to canada.

I'm not trying to piss you off but Levitre wasn't our best player. If you truly believe that than we have worse problems than you mention. Not to disrespect the importance of the o-line but if I had my druthers and had to let a very good player walk in free agency, I'd hope it's a guard every single time.

I'd also disagree that it's the "worst QB draft ever". Granted there's not a blue chip(s) QB, but picking 8 with 4-6 teams potentially needing a QB ahead of us you're picking from the same crop anyway. I'd be more pissed if there was a couple obvious stars knowing there's no chance we'd get one at 8, or if we had pick 1 or 2 in this years draft. Look we one 6 games man, we're picking 8th, it's not anyone's fault, they just have to find a diamond. It's a difficult thing finding a QB, i'm frustrated too.

Edited by Triple Threat

Money ball = no big splash. Telling you, that's the reason we're so quiet. Picking through to find those that fit what we're looking for.

I've said this in other threads.....but.....

The moneyball that you are referring to is simply "value for money". This has been an enforced method of running an NFL Franchise ever since the salary cap was introduced.

I've said this in other threads.....but.....

The moneyball that you are referring to is simply "value for money". This has been an enforced method of running an NFL Franchise ever since the salary cap was introduced.

In the movie, its also based on advanced matrix, unknown to the others. We probably got the advanced knowledge from the astroid that fell from the sky in Russia. Yes, we have Bills spies over there, they're everywhere. That's the story and I'm sticking to it!

Receiver is a very overrated position. Good QBs make receivers better. Brady played with scrubs for most of his career. IMO, receiver is a position when we can find guys later. I'd hate to burn a high pick on a receiver because very few times are the difference in a team's W-L total. The best receiver in the game, Calvin Johnson, has played in one playoff game.

Agreed.

Calvin Johnson is the reason that team wins any games at all..

How many other wrs can say that? Not many.

I'm not trying to piss you off but Levitre wasn't our best player. If you truly believe that than we have worse problems than you mention. Not to disrespect the importance of the o-line but if I had my druthers and had to let a very good player walk in free agency, I'd hope it's a guard every single time.

I'd also disagree that it's the "worst QB draft every". Granted there's not a blue chip(s) QB, but picking 8 with 4-6 teams potentially needing a QB ahead of us you're picking from the same crop anyway. I'd be more pissed if there was a couple obvious stars knowing there's no chance we'd get one. Look we one 6 games man, we're picking 8th, it's not anyone's fault, they just have to find a diamond. It's a difficult thing finding a QB, i'm frustrated too.

LOL.....looks like I did a good job imitating somebody on an irrational rant.

Sorry I wasted your time....but it is sort of funny :)

In the movie, its also based on advanced matrix, unknown to the others. We probably got the advanced knowledge from the astroid that fell from the sky in Russia. Yes, we have Bills spies over there, they're everywhere. That's the story and I'm sticking to it!

I'm finding it irresistible to respond to your post.....but I have no idea what to say.

Is this some sort of mind control you obtained from the asteroid and are now using to influence my actions?

We need to add a minimum 3 quality NFL Wrs to this team. It is a toss up what unit is a bigger mess- WR or LB. It is kind of hard to run a 3-4 with marginal LBs and it is hard to run a West Coast offense when your #2 and 3 WR's are Ruvell and TJ

We need to add a minimum 3 quality NFL Wrs to this team. It is a toss up what unit is a bigger mess- WR or LB. It is kind of hard to run a 3-4 with marginal LBs and it is hard to run a West Coast offense when your #2 and 3 WR's are Ruvell and TJ

Just run baby?

Edited by CodeMonkey

LOL.....looks like I did a good job imitating somebody on an irrational rant.

Sorry I wasted your time....but it is sort of funny :)

I'm finding it irresistible to respond to your post.....but I have no idea what to say.

Is this some sort of mind control you obtained from the asteroid and are now using to influence my actions?

The force is a hell of a drug.

WR is deep in this draft. QB is not. I would be all for drafting Womack or best available OL at #8 and trying to fix Levitre catastrophe, then spending next 2 picks on WR(Woods, Hunter, Martin, etc) and devoting rest of draft to D and depth, and finding 1 developmental QB and 3rd string RB. Therefore shoring up defense, and lines, and WR. And then waiting for next years real QB class. If we draft Smith or Barkley and they suck and we are stuck with them, and miss out on Manziel or Murray because we are committed to a tomato can that we overdrafted and overpayed- this franchise will be screwed the next 5 years

You're also forgetting "This team has never been active in free agency. Not once, ever, in my long history of Bills fandom have we even attempted to chase down big ticket free agents. How long have I been following the team? Six months, why do you ask?"

And shouldn't there be an apostrophe somewhere in there?

Maybe maybe not.

Its something ive been working on.Ill try to get some in there next chance i get.

"One day at a time" my doctor tells me.

Okay Kevin. Ill do it, but I won't like it.

This thread and its post ups are one of the reasons i enjoy reading the boards.

Great people , great wit.

WTF is Amanda ' s Byne ?

Heitz , you already are .

Do drop bears make good pets though ?

Clowns ARE scary. its a natural reaction.

and whats all this about metrinomes ? why would any one fear those ?

carry on....

'

Edited by 3rdand12

If we get Teebow in any way on the team, i will actually stop being a Bills fan. I could not handle that kind of idiocy. I think i can actually feel my blood pressure rising uncontrollably just from imagining the horror that entails. Nix will eventually be fired/relieved. By next draft things will seem much better.

New coach, new systems, new schemes, rebuilding with a true youth movement for the first time ( that i can remember starting from the 90s). New season will be a learning process, but if we have a nasty smash mouth D and a young and upcoming O, i could live with that. All I want is a no nonsense coaching staff and a team that fights tooth and nail.

Edited by RK_BillsFan

Damn ya'll. You made this a real thread...lost in this was how tarded the board looks with 4 Geno Smith threads, 3 Barkley, 20 on making sure everyone knows the positions we need and 2 on how good looking I am.

Here have some soup. I promise its got full flavor pickle juice...