The Bills have a few holes to fill

chef4131

I'm scared of dying. I have no faith, and the prospect of being worm food is becoming less and less appealing. What's the religion that gets to have sex with 20 virgins in heaven?

72 virgins if you know how to play ball. Do you have a valid drivers license and how are you set on semtex?

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm scared of dying. I have no faith, and the prospect of being worm food is becoming less and less appealing. What's the religion that gets to have sex with 20 virgins in heaven?

Your better off going the Ted Williams route. Pricey. Screw the kids inheritance, Unless your scared of battery backup taking a dump.

That's 8 players. I can see us signing 3-4 (maybe even more) of those via free agency. We haven't done anything yet but that might be the plan. Pick up some leftovers, and there will be some solid leftovers, for cap friendly contracts. We have holes on the OL, but Marrone being an OL guy, I can't imagine him not making the necessary moves to improve it. If we sign 4 FAs, that leaves 4 to add during the draft. We'll likely miss on a couple draft picks and I don't think we'll fill all the holes, but if we sign/draft some good players, we aren't that far off. Everything will improve if we can get a good QB. Either this year. Might be tough this year though.

72 virgins if you know how to play ball. Do you have a valid drivers license and how are you set on semtex?

Your better off going the Ted Williams route. Pricey. Screw the kids inheritance, Unless your scared of battery backup taking a dump.

Never mind. After some soul searching I have decided that I will be cremated, and have my mortal remains committed to the busom of the Pacific Ocean. Memorial service with light refreshments, cash bar, to follow at the local bowling alley.

Can't Hairston step in at OG if Pears is healthy? Most teams projected him as a Guard in the draft, and I think that may be what Marrone has in the back of his mind if we don't sign anybody.

That's 8 players. I can see us signing 3-4 (maybe even more) of those via free agency. We haven't done anything yet but that might be the plan. Pick up some leftovers, and there will be some solid leftovers, for cap friendly contracts. We have holes on the OL, but Marrone being an OL guy, I can't imagine him not making the necessary moves to improve it. If we sign 4 FAs, that leaves 4 to add during the draft. We'll likely miss on a couple draft picks and I don't think we'll fill all the holes, but if we sign/draft some good players, we aren't that far off. Everything will improve if we can get a good QB. Either this year. Might be tough this year though.

That's a lot of hoping. What is sad, is the Bills while not in salary cap hell, have less $$$ money than some perennial playoff teams. It's hard to think any "plan" is being implemented. Other than just gutting the team. Mario's contract is already taking a bite out of the GM's ability to maneuver. It's all his fault with the big grandstand plane ride last year. The guy better rip it up this season. Because he so far is slightly above average and his record contract is still safe on the D side of the ball.

Marrone's offense is run based. Just think of what that will to do our offense with CJ and FJ.

It may not do much without the right guys moving the defense aside.

I guess it will be very telling when Marroone staffs the O line.

As to what we can expect in game calling.

And in the w-l column

after letting Levitre AND Rinehard go , I have NO idea what to expect

Is this the new hobby now that Fitz is gone? The "we need threads?"

It is funny people are neglecting that we are not horrible. Bring in middle of the road OG, LB, and SS and we can do just fine, WR can come in the draft, and CB too.

The QB Prospect Quality appears to be much better in 2014. i cannot see the Bills giving up a first rounder in 2014 to get back into the bottom of the first round in 2013.

I could see them trading a 2014 #1 to get a 20s first to get a QB they feel they wanted. They are looking at Qbs due to come out in 2014.

what i have seen over the years with QBs....The players you think should be in the 1st round disappear the next year or players out of nowhere emerge as high 1st round picks.

QB scouting is effectivly a crap shoot. For every Andrew Luck there are 25 <insert dud QB here>

An advantage(???) this team knows alot about one QB in particular...If they dont pick him and opt for someone else...they may no something other teams didn't

I could see them trading a 2014 #1 to get a 20s first to get a QB they feel they wanted. They are looking at Qbs due to come out in 2014.

what i have seen over the years with QBs....The players you think should be in the 1st round disappear the next year or players out of nowhere emerge as high 1st round picks.

QB scouting is effectivly a crap shoot. For every Andrew Luck there are 25 <insert dud QB here>

An advantage(???) this team knows alot about one QB in particular...If they dont pick him and opt for someone else...they may no something other teams didn't

why didja ruin it ? why ?

I was afraid this might happen.

In 2004 we were desperate to find a starting QB (sound familiar) we traded back into Round 1 (with Dallas) and drafted losman at #22. With this trade we gave up our #1 pick in 2005. Dallas used our pick #20 on a DL. Marcus Spears

What scares me is giving up our 2005 pick we missed out on drafting Aaron Rodgers. I can see the Bills repeating this same scenerio, reaching back into the first round to "over draft" a QB and give up a chance to draft a franchise QB next year.

I understand that we need a QB, but lets be smart on how we get one--

Since you are using "we" so much, you sound as if your part of the problem. Tell Buddy what time it is.

I'm afraid of heights.

Of me? Don't be, I'm a lot of fun (and typically only armed with Miller High Lifes). Also, you spelled it wrong... :beer:

Here's my QB question, do you:

- Go BPA in the 1st, QB in the 2nd - but with the thought that, if the guy you just drafted sucks this year, F it, you'll spend a top 10 pick on a QB next year?

- Wait and take the best QB at 8, potentially Geno or Barkley - but with the thought that you probably won't spend another top 10 pick on QB next year?

- Trade UP in the first to get Geno. No QB next year, fa'sho.

I don't see up trading back up into the first this year, so that doesn't worry me and I don't see us trading picks for a vet QB, though, I'm sure we'll get one somewhere. Personally I go with the first and hope both guys work out - then we'll finally have some trade ammo!

Last thing, I guess I had forgotten about the Losman trade...

You give up next year's first round pick to move back up into the first to take the FOURTH QB off the board!? I mean, if they were willing to trade it near the end of the first, why weren't they willing to trade it at the beginning of the first? Just blow the wad and trade the future first, second and whatever else to jump up above Pittsburgh and get Rothlesberger (who they were rumored to like)!?

No wonder we're in the position we are.

Is this the new hobby now that Fitz is gone? The "we need threads?"

It is funny people are neglecting that we are not horrible. Bring in middle of the road OG, LB, and SS and we can do just fine, WR can come in the draft, and CB too.

I agree, OG,LB,SS,WR,QB and CB are a dime a dozen.