Bills officially sign QB Kevin Kolb

Oh Yah, like Bargain-Basement Buddy was really gonna go after Flacco this offseason... -Hey, our GM sucks. Accept it. -It's out there and everyone knows it.

However, we have a creative DC, and a very appetizing draft (once you delete the QBs) And most importantly, WE DUMPED FITZPATRICK! -YEAH!

Brady is getting old, the Jets are in freefall, and as always the Dolphins success is hampered by the bars on Southbeach staying open 'til 4am....

I'm tellin' you, we can have a very "Buddy" draft, and STILL come out with at least three impact players. The wait is over.

PUH-LAY-OFFS B!TCHES!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I gotta disagree with you there.

A big part of the Bills problem in the last 13 years has been the "culture of losing".

I find it hard to believe that there isn't a player on the team that isn't going "wtf is this team doing?" with that signing.

And then the info that his contract may be worth $13M over two years?

It doesn't make the Bills weaker at the position. But, it certainly doesn't make them stronger at the position either, and if it does it aint saying much because they have s#it to start with.

As for the 13M figure. We don't know the particulars yet. The Bills are not paying a backup 13M over 2 years. But, I'm betting that all bets are off if he isn't a starter and I also believe it is tied to the number of starts because of his injury history.

He is not going to be the Bills starter. The starter will be selected @ #8 in the draft. Bills are taking a mulligan this year and doing so with a rookie QB, not a retread that has no upside.

If Geno falls to 8 I think we take him. I really don't think this signing changes the draft plans at all, with the slight distinction of not having to draft a certain guy they really don't want because they are desperate. It allows us to look closer at a EJ Manuel who may need a little time, that's the only change I see. We will still draft a QB high.

Do you see them possibly drafting Nassib at #8?

I gotta disagree with you there.

A big part of the Bills problem in the last 13 years has been the "culture of losing".

I find it hard to believe that there isn't a player on the team that isn't going "wtf is this team doing?" with that signing.

And then the info that his contract may be worth $13M over two years?

I don't belive that I've heard any of the players (cut players included) voice a "WTF is this team doing" sentiment. As a matter a fact by all accounts Coach Doug is a man with a plan. Edited by JaxBills

Care to place a wager on that ? I say Bills win 3 or more. Care to make a wager ? Easy bet I'd think since you are in the know, right? . No ? Put your money where your keyboard is.

Thanx,

jb

So if the Bills win three games instead of two then I've been proven wrong in my judgment of them as a team. Got it.

This team is going to stink. So they win five, hell, even six games. They will still stink. The only thing at issue, in my mind, is the degree to which they will smell up the place.

I will be glad to be proven wrong and will publicly eat crow here if they come anywhere near .500 next season.

I hope to be wrong, but I view it as a done deal.

By looking deeper at the moves by the Bills and Raiders at the QB position last week it seems pretty clearly to me that there will be no QB drafted in the top 10 with the exception of Geno Smith.

I don't see a situation where the Bills reach for QB at 8. If Geno is there maybe but I think that the Kolb signing was hedging their bets. They have to assume that if they wanted Nassib at 8 (or almost any other QB) they could have him. I certainly don't think that they reach for QB at 8 now.

Warner wasn't a journeyman.

Sorry dude, but when you play in the Arena League, you are the definition of a journeyman.

What a silly twist this thread has taken. Now Kurt Warner is a journeyman? :lol:

I think you shed the the "journeyman" title somewhere between your second league MVP award, and your third SB appearance as starting QB.

Silly Warner fanboys. You never shed the journeyman label if that's what you are. You're just a journeyman that became successful.

Warner's career path, by any measure in any sport, is that of a journeyman.

Sorry dude, but when you play in the Arena League, you are the definition of a journeyman.

Silly Warner fanboys. You never shed the journeyman label if that's what you are. You're just a journeyman that became successful.

Now, how do you expect anyone to take anything else that you have to say seriously after saying things like this?

I hope to be wrong, but I view it as a done deal.

I would agree with you if it weren't for two things:

1 - Picking a qb at 8 means they start this year. You don't pay Kolb what you did to expect him to ride the bench.

2 - Nassib will absolutely be there at 8. Because of that, there is no reason for them to meet with all these qbs before the draft, unless this is just in case they drop past round 2

I had already conceded that "technically" he could be called a journeyman......but his situation is rather unique.

How many journeymen come into the league 4 years after college(having not been drafted) and get onto an NFL roster? My guess would be very, very, very few.

How many journeymen have great success for their initial team(which in a way is contrary to the definition of journeyman)? My guess would be very, very, very few.

For the sake of the NFL definition of journeyman, Warner did not follow the typical journeyman path. But if you feel the need to place him in the same category of journeyman as a Fitzpatrick, Dilfer or Edwards......be my guest.

I had already conceded that "technically" he could be called a journeyman......but his situation is rather unique.

How many journeymen come into the league 4 years after college(having not been drafted) and get onto an NFL roster? My guess would be very, very, very few.

How many journeymen have great success for their initial team(which in a way is contrary to the definition of journeyman)? My guess would be very, very, very few.

For the sake of the NFL definition of journeyman, Warner did not follow the typical journeyman path. But if you feel the need to place him in the same category of journeyman as a Fitzpatrick, Dilfer or Edwards......be my guest.

Silly argument, no? He is a better QB than most that have ever played, but he definitely bounced around the league. No one sane is placing him alongside any of those QBs (except for with Dilfer as a SB winner).

Silly argument, no? He is a better QB than most that have ever played, but he definitely bounced around the league. No one sane is placing him alongside any of those QBs (except for with Dilfer as a SB winner).

Agreed....tiz a silly argument.....but....while we're doing it....

The definitions of journeyman that apply are:

1. a person who has served an apprenticeship at a trade or handicraft and is certified to work at it assisting or under another person.

2. any experienced, competent but routine worker or performer.

Warner was neither of these......and the only argument that holds is that he served his apprenticeship outside of the NFL prior to working in the NFL.

Agreed....tiz a silly argument.....but....while we're doing it....

The definitions of journeyman that apply are:

1. a person who has served an apprenticeship at a trade or handicraft and is certified to work at it assisting or under another person.

2. any experienced, competent but routine worker or performer.

Warner was neither of these......and the only argument that holds is that he served his apprenticeship outside of the NFL prior to working in the NFL.

Journeyman football player or professional athlete is a different thing than a dictionary definition of journeyman using just those first two definitions and you know it.

Here you go... proof! ;) From the Washington Post. :lol:

His initial rise to being a Super Bowl-winning quarterback for the Rams was improbable enough. He was a journeyman player and a former grocery bagger, an Arena Football League and NFL Europe graduate and an undrafted rookie in Green Bay too timid to step into the huddle and call a play, recalled Eagles Coach Andy Reid, a Packers assistant at the time.

http://articles.washingtonpost.com/2009-02-01/sports/36786705_1_kurt-warner-matt-leinart-coach-ken-whisenhunt