Nix not sure on levitre or fitz

hooper

That's the situation the Bills are in, and Nix certainly didn't help his cause with random commentary that's now biting him in the arse.

There were some people in the organization that were very unhappy during that recent period where Buddy started running his yap too much.

He was told to put a sock in it and has been doing a pretty solid churchmouse imitation since then.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There were some people in the organization that were very unhappy during that recent period where Buddy started running his yap too much.

He was told to put a sock in it and has been doing a pretty solid churchmouse imitation since then.

Did Whaley have any influence on that?

Doesn't matter who wrote it, it is stuff we knew already for the most part. If Andy goes there will be another hole to fill which is a bad thing, he also has been good at filling in when injuries start and the line has the ever elusive gel, that we didn't have in years past. It would be bad (even with a high price) to see him leave IMHO. The O line isn't as plug and play as some ppl seem to think. Pay a bit over and live with it. unless they really are saying he just doesn't want to be in Bflo.

And if Fitzy is unhappy he can walk and see how he does somewhere else. Best of luck to you, I guess that is how I would handle it, if I was GM (and that is considering that I still like Fitz (on the team anyway, BUT not as a starter) he had a shot maybe some of the problem was coaching but he isn't very valuable).

Not surprised to hear that. He was embarrassingly loose-lipped the past few years.

What's funny is that gave the interview. Why bother, if you're going to answer that you don't know the answer?

Buddy Nix is a buffoon.

Did Whaley have any influence on that?

No

Link please.

No

Not surprised to hear that. He was embarrassingly loose-lipped the past few years.

It wasn't an ongoing problem and they had no issues with anything in particular he said earlier.

But there came a stretch during last season when his tendency to tell it like he sees it got a little over the top and it rubbed some folks the wrong way.

Keep this in perspective. James Walker wrote this. The clown is sloppy and inept. He's got no cred.

The article while not giving much info was grammatically correct, and did have some nix quotes.

None of which could ever be accomplished by the esteemed writer James Walker.

Reading it one is forced too see that it is a cut and paste from the AP. Then with the easiest of searches,

one can see that it was authored by J.Wawrow.

Thankfully for anyone that reads the ESPN AFCE blog they are blessed with yet another James Walker

vacation for a few weeks.

Edited by Best Player Available

Interesting. If you go to the link cited by the op, it has Walker's picture up there, and no name on the piece - does have the AP byline.

I thought it was just established that Wawrow wrote it?

Official ruling?

It's Wawrow, pasted into ESPN AFC East blog with no author, AP byline, and James Walker's picture on the page. Confusin' but I gather as long as they credit AP and subscribe, all's fair.

Here's what I think.

I don't think the Bills are wiling pay top dollar for Levitre when they may have a chance at getting a better guard in the draft.

So the Bills will make him an offer. But I would not be surprised if they let him hit the market. Should they let him hit the market? No.

But the balls in Andy's court so to speak. He can stay where he is now or go to a team THAT CAN BE A CONTENDER THIS YEAR and get paid in the process.

If i were Levitre I would want to test the market. We shall see pretty soon.

$3M or $7M this year, either way it isn't in the upper tier of QB pay by a long-shot. I think that many here are over-board in their criticism of the "HUGE" contract that the Bills signed Fitz to. Fitz' contract places him on the lower end of pay for starting QBs - about commensurate with his production. Now, if one wants to quibble that he is still over-paid, I wouldn't argue, but the Bills had a strategy to build the rest of the team (with focus on D) and "live' with Fitz until a better option could be had. Of course, the D hasn't played to the level expected, but I do think that there is a good level of talent there to be harvested by better coaching.

While Levitre is a very good player, he is going to command $8+M per year on the open market. You can't just shell out that kind of jack without considering what else you could buy for a similar of just a bit higher price. What if they could get 2 decent starting LBs for that same price? What if they could get a very good starting RT for 25% more? Would either of those options be better than re-signing Levitre?

To be clear, I think Levitre has done everything that they've asked at a high level. He deserves to make a very good buck in FA. Whether he is the Bills' best option this year is open for debate.

What is not clear is why do we want to create another weak area on a team that has too many now.

Levitre is a strength this team cannot afford to loose.

What is not clear is why do we want to create another weak area on a team that has too many now.

Levitre is a strength this team cannot afford to loose.

If they opt not to resign Levitre, I would hope that the reason would be to use the money that would have been spent on Levitre on a FA (or more) for other positions. I wouldn't like to think that they just wouldn't spend that money at all.

While I like the hiring of Doug Marrone and the coaching staff by Russ Brandon. Why on gods green earth is Buddy Nix involved in anything anymore? This is the man who stated in his first press conference that he wasn't the "smartest guy in the room", and he has proved that many times over the last three years.

Jeez, if Nix is this bad and is still with the team what does this say about Brandon's ability to judge a GM. I guess this is what happens when you put a money man in charge of the football side too.

I yearn for the Polian / Butler days...

Makes you wonder if they regret signing Mario and Anderson now that Dave is gone and they are now hamstringing our salary cap.

naa, they just lost Kelsay so they need another pass rusher. Its just the way they went about obtaining a top DE / pass rusher, and then handed him over to a moron who had forgotten how to run a 4-3. Edited by FeartheLosing