Levitre: Hasn't heard anything from the Bills yet

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/01/andy-levitre-in-limbo-hasnt-heard-anything-from-bills/

I’m in limbo right now,” Levitre said. “I don’t know what their plan is.

“Now that Jairus got his franchise tag, there’s a week and a half for them to work a deal out with me. But I haven’t been offered anything yet. We’re waiting around to see if something will pop up.”

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/01/andy-levitre-in-limbo-hasnt-heard-anything-from-bills/

I’m in limbo right now,” Levitre said. “I don’t know what their plan is.

“Now that Jairus got his franchise tag, there’s a week and a half for them to work a deal out with me. But I haven’t been offered anything yet. We’re waiting around to see if something will pop up.”

Did they ask him if he/his agent had given the Bills contract numbers?

That doesn't sound promising.

I suppose Levitre's agent was busy at the combine with his young crop of new clients...but geez, the front office should have maybe sent an email or text like "Hey...wazzup? Wanna have drinks later?" (but they didn't include a " :D" so he feels slighted)

Maybe they see something different than all of us. Maybe they know Andy wants to stay as a Bill and will wait for him to make a move. No clue.

not that worried about no offer to levitre yet. re-signing byrd and levitre are conditional upon each other. need to have one done before the other so we know how much money we have.

i suspect they were working on Byrd first since he was ultimately more "tag-able". they just tagged byrd today, and now have at least some idea of how much he will cost, so i expect movement on levitre next week.

I see lots more knees flying into chins on the board...for crissake, can people just let this stuff play out without trying to interpret every little tweet and tidbit?

Laugher.gifLaugher.gif Post of the week right there !!

jb

Did they ask him if he/his agent had given the Bills contract numbers?

My thought as well, they were supposedly going to talk with Levitre's agent at the combine, perhaps those talks weren't fruitful enough to warrant a contract offer.

I consider this: The head coach is an offensive lineman. Maybe his evaluations are different than ours and he thinks he can coach up the position with a less expensive player. Maybe they want more power from their guards. Maybe at a higher number, the Bills just are not interested. I'm not going to hang them for that until I see what the team looks like in July. If they are talking to Langston Walker in late August, we'll know it's just more of the same.

That being said, Levitre is at least good and Buddy said he was going to sign his own good players and draft well. So let's see what he does.