Chris Kelsay Announces retirement

mrags

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

it's about time! Now if we can just get rid of Kelsay...oh wait....

You know, we are down a defensive end, a linebacker, safety and two receivers. We may lose a left guard and a free safety. That's a lot of bodies to replace. I sure hope the boys have a plan.

it's about time! Now if we can just get rid of Kelsay...oh wait....

You know, we are down a defensive end, a linebacker, safety and two receivers. We may lose a left guard and a free safety. That's a lot of bodies to replace. I sure hope the boys have a plan.

I'm rather hoping that part of the plan is to build enough cap space to sign said guard and said safety.

I kinda thought we had a surplus of DE last year - depends some - what base scheme are we gonna be running?

I think we're down at least 2 LB, maybe 3, a safety, and 2 WR. I think we can do it with a good draft and FA, but whether we will not - I am with you brudda, I hope they got a plan

I'm rather hoping that part of the plan is to build enough cap space to sign said guard and said safety.

I kinda thought we had a surplus of DE last year - depends some - what base scheme are we gonna be running?

I think we're down at least 2 LB, maybe 3, a safety, and 2 WR. I think we can do it with a good draft and FA, but whether we will not - I am with you brudda, I hope they got a plan

Agreed there, but it came in handy when the injuriy bug bit. And it'll always bite along the lines.

IMO, Id be thrilled if we were able to re-sign Levitre, Byrd, McKelvin, Moore, and Merriman. Wish there was money around for LaRon Landry too.

Agreed there, but it came in handy when the injuriy bug bit. And it'll always bite along the lines.

IMO, Id be thrilled if we were able to re-sign Levitre, Byrd, McKelvin, Moore, and Merriman. Wish there was money around for LaRon Landry too.

Moore is less. Please no.

Kelsay hung around at a very high salary for a few years longer than he should have. But that doesn't mean I hate the guy, he was a decent player who you never felt phoned it in which is always admirable. Sadly they probably told him he was going to be cut (Or would have to redo his deal), but rather than take a vet minimum to go into another teams camp and try to make a roster he simply decided to hang them up.

Classy for the Bills to let him go out (If that's indeed what they did).Good news for the Bills to spend that cap relief on Byrd and Levitre and hopefully other free agents.

Edited by billsfan89

Aaron Williams is the leading candidate. If McKelvin ends up a starter, it will be him.

Don't forget Kelvin Shepard or the dark horse Eric Pears. Lot's of candidates. I'm sure that a new whipping boy will be crowned by midway through next season.

The Bills better make a move quick to shore up this roster. You all are running out of whipping boys.

Don't worry. We still have Fitzpatrick and many folks on this board would love to rip Mario Williams all the time. And if McKelvin signs baclk with this team, then we have our whipping boy back. And finally don't forget....Aaron Williams is still on this roster!

Don't worry. We still have Fitzpatrick and many folks on this board would love to rip Mario Williams all the time. And if McKelvin signs baclk with this team, then we have our whipping boy back. And finally don't forget....Aaron Williams is still on this roster!

Thank you for helping me see that we still have options. I feel so much better now.

I will never understand the hate for this guy. I'v been on this forum a very long time and the bashing of kelsay was some of the most ignorant and silly stuff I have read. Even in this topic, some of you can't believe that a 10 year veteran that has had some injury and health issues would retire on his on terms with a new coaching staff coming to town. No, you're sure he was nudged out. He was overpaid, but who cares. We were never at the cap and he never prevented us from signing anyone. He as a solid defensive end, on many terrible defenses and awful defensive lines. He was hard working and did his job well, he will have to be replaced.

Thanks for the years!

I can appreciate your point of view, but if you are suggesting that he this guy in particular woke up one day recently and decided to walk away from at least 7.5 million dollars of income still being handed to him for a few downs a week for 4 months a year as a backup DE, I see this as a credibility issue. With Anderson coming back, Kelsay's workload would have diminished even further. He was hardly going to be carrying a load...

As I said before, he was a medicocre guy who symbolized this FO and the team during his time in Buffalo. Only in Buffalo could he have been on a roster for his entire 10 year career and have been paid so much for it.

Nothing he has done justifies the strange passion fans here feel for or against him.

Guy has been nothing but class, strong work ethic, lunch pale kinda guy. I have nothing but respect for him and wish him luck in his retirement.

He has been a waste of a roster spot, held us hostage with his huge contract. Look I like nice guys but if they can't perform, cut them. Its a performance business and he sucked.