Tavon Austin - WR - West Virginia

JPS

Likewise, imagine if they pass on him at 41 and he succeeds.

If they pass on Ryan Nassib at #8 then there would be no logical reason to pick him at #41. Why do I say this?

Because Marrone's had Nassib for FOUR YEARS. Either he knows that Nassib is an elite franchise level QB or he knows that he's a marginal QB with the ceiling of an Andy Dalton or worse like a Colt McCoy. If Marrone doesn't know what Ryan Nassib is by now, he is truly an idiot.

I'm of the opinion that Marrone has no intention of drafting Nassib because he knows that he's not this franchise's next Jim Kelly franchise level QB. Not even close. Marrone will draft a guy like Smith, Manuel or Scott who actually have true potential to become franchise QBs.

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My points are twofold:

1. This guy is a playmaker with insane speed. He's way more Percy Harvin than TJ Graham, and

2. It's going to suck watching Sheppard or Searcy trying to cover him when he takes over for Welker

I know we have bigger needs. But I wish we didn't. This guy is special.

I would have no problem taking him in the first round. Whoever we get needs to be a play-maker, and this guy is it. I would prefer Olgetree, who I think will be a pro bowl ILB, but if we go WR, I'd love him. Another option is Lemon from SYR in a later round. Guy is a playmaker who, and I could be wrong, caught the winning TD for Syracuse at Missouri.

I also hope the Steelers draft him before the Pats, if we don't.

Tavon Austin, who helped Geno Smith's short throws turn into long TDs, looks to be a late 1st rounder and some mocks have him going to New England. He had over 500 total yards against Oklahoma and over 300 rushing. Dunno if the Bills would bite, but I hope he doesn't pair up with Brady.

Can it get any uglier? Forget Patterson. I don't care how tall he is. Look at this guy. 40 career TDs and over 7000 all purpose yards. Just watch the last 2 minutes for him as a WR.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0AAWC5t0trY

Roscoe II???

Roscoe II???

Harvin without the baggage? Small explosive guy that plays WR, has backfield touches and explosive returner?

I don't know I want him at 8 but I'm tired of the cheap comparisons to roscoe anytime someone's under 6'2 or 200 lbs

I saw his film when he first went to west Virginia. This film is crazy!

I couldn't stomach more than 4 minutes of this self praise/ showboating video...whatever happened to being a good/humble athlete?? I get sick of watching this crap.

Harvin without the baggage? Small explosive guy that plays WR, has backfield touches and explosive returner?

I don't know I want him at 8 but I'm tired of the cheap comparisons to roscoe anytime someone's under 6'2 or 200 lbs

Thanks. Got tired of that battle.

Hey everyone who is deficient is either Aaron Maybin or Roscoe Parrish.

You should know this by now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBjUKd0lOEE

I saw his film when he first went to west Virginia. This film is crazy!

Haven't watched the video yet but Dunbar H.S. is a pretty famous school for producing hoops talent, if it's the same school.

I couldn't stomach more than 4 minutes of this self praise/ showboating video...whatever happened to being a good/humble athlete?? I get sick of watching this crap.

He is probably 17 years old in the video. I am sure he has learned a thing or two about sportsmanship since high school.

He's a much better player but this would reek of Roscoe all over again. The Bills aren't losing games because of their slot receiver.

they are losing games because the other team scores more than they do. two ways to fix that - find guys to score, find guys to stop them from scoring. austin is a guy that puts points on the board potentially. if you want to debate his ability to do that, ill say have at it as im not 100% sure my opinion on him.... but i dont think it should much matter where that guy lines up. its whether he can impact the final score. if austin can be that guy, i dont care if hes a slot receiver, outside, in the backfield, or anywhere else. it might not be why we are losing, but i wouldnt mind if it were why we were winning.

I would have no problem taking him in the first round. Whoever we get needs to be a play-maker, and this guy is it. I would prefer Olgetree, who I think will be a pro bowl ILB, but if we go WR, I'd love him. Another option is Lemon from SYR in a later round. Guy is a playmaker who, and I could be wrong, caught the winning TD for Syracuse at Missouri.

I also hope the Steelers draft him before the Pats, if we don't.

Sorry if a repeat...Lemon works out for Bills.

they are losing games because the other team scores more than they do. two ways to fix that - find guys to score, find guys to stop them from scoring. austin is a guy that puts points on the board potentially. if you want to debate his ability to do that, ill say have at it as im not 100% sure my opinion on him.... but i dont think it should much matter where that guy lines up. its whether he can impact the final score. if austin can be that guy, i dont care if hes a slot receiver, outside, in the backfield, or anywhere else. it might not be why we are losing, but i wouldnt mind if it were why we were winning.

Exactly.

I don't care if they draft him, but just for accuracy sake...Roscoe Parrish had 2,500 career all purpose yards in college. Austin had over 7,000. Parrish had 16 total TDs in college. Austin had 40.

This Tavon is no Roscoe. In fact, I submitted Tavon's name in the M&T Bank "Name the first player coming to the Bills" contest. I figure I'll be the only entry.

I'll say this much...I've been a die-hard Bills fan since i was 5 years old...I have the pictures to prove it...I got my 1st Buffalo Bills uniform when I was 5...So that's 42 years ago...And I'm not saying I'm a bigger fan than anyone here...But I also know no one here is more dedicated to Buffalo Bills football than I am...I'm about as die-hard as it gets...My friends think I'm nuts...My girlfriend cant believe I've stuck with them this long...But I never cared...I love the Bills...

That being said...If the Bills pick Tavon Austin at #8, I will go out the next day, and for the 1st time in my entire life I will purchase a hat of another NFL team...It will be a Carolina Panthers hat (my Nephews favorite team...plus I'm moving to Wilmington NC later this year)...And with that purchase I will begin to follow the Panthers equally from now on...I will have two teams...But I'll no longer be a Bills fan exclusively...They will have lost that privilege with me by picking Austin at #8...

May not seem like a lot to some of you...But it is to me...And that's exactly how pissed I'll be if they Draft Austin at #8...And even if they trade down...They damn well better get me Geno, EJ, or even Nassib along with Austin, or I'm still going to be pissed off...I feel like Tavon Austin could be the poster child pick for why Buddy Nix is a complete joke of a GM...It would be the final nail in the coffin for me, and the final piece of evidence necessary to prove that Buddy has lost it...The pick would literally send me off the deep end... :lol:

Edited by KOKBILLS

This guy seems like a luxury pick for an established team.

I can see him going to the Saints and being successful.

Or a crafty move by a team that has no elite qb (and, depending on how you feel about this year's class and/or where they will fall, no manner of obtaining one this year), but would then have two players who could take it to the end zone on any short pass (to go along with one of the better route runners in the game and a talented backup rb). And a team who hopes the talent on D plays closer to its potential than they did last year.