Tavon Austin - WR - West Virginia

JPS

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems your a little hot on the Tavon Austin issue so I'm gonna move on.

But once again. Austins got 10x the skill set of Parrish, this is a Tavon Austin thread. That's one important aspect ya might wanna know

Projected1st/2nd rounder unlike Roscoe

This is what people say when they have nothing useful to say. Nice comment.

No one ever compared Roscoe and Austin's SKILLSETS. Clearly Austin is a better route runner, and is more polished. I'm just making fun of you because you're jumping down someone's throat because they compared size and nothing else. I laugh at you. HA.

What are you talking about ?

Are you going to repeat yourself another 30 times ?

THIS IS A TAVON AUSTIN THREAD. I compared their skillsets. Could care less if you and your band of flea's are busy with tired roscoe Parrish comparisons.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

To me.....without looking at the guy, I look at over 7,000 yards and 40 Touchdowns. I don't think those numbers have been fully appreciated. I still don't know if the Bills can afford to take him. Probably not. But I think it's going to suck trying to play against him twice a year, particularly if Brady is dealing.

This kid looks absolutely great. Just like Patterson. However, as a team, we need a big physical WR that can go up an out muscle defenders. Neither of these 2 guys fit that bill. Both might be really good to great WRs and just playmakers, but they are not what we need in a WR.

its funny when really good, to great and a playmaker, is not what were looking for. James hardy any one?

Roll the tape, the kid as that "IT" factor. I don't think he's a top 10 player, but that kid is dynamic. Personally I'd like to see us grab the protype 6'2'' to 6'5'' 200-230 receiver, and with Stevie rumored to be moving into the slot I'm not sure how Austin would fit into our offense running as a #1, #2 receiver.

• 1 month later...
Zach Quinn@ZSQuinn913h@ryanlownes hey lownes just had to say you're right about the bills -surprise pick- tavon austin that's from nate hackett himselfZach Quinn@ZSQuinn913h@TCBILLS_Astro hey brother watch out for tavon austin to the bills
This morning, Zach Quinn said that Nate Hackett wants an explosive offense, and that he likes Tavon Austin. Quinn isn't the best source, but I've read other sources with the same story:
"Doug Marrone and offensive coordinator Nathaniel Hackett designed a new offense in 2012, at Syracuse, based loosely on Chip Kelly's scheme at Oregon. As a result, they ran some read-option plays, and a playmaker such as Austin would be a perfect addition to that type of scheme." --- http://bit.ly/10tSxsS
I tried a simulation to see if the Bills could afford to take a "waterbug" slot receiver early. A trade with New Orleans gets it done, as the Saints want their OLB34 of choice, Jarvis Jones:1 15 Buffalo Tavon Austin WRS West Virginia2 41 Buffalo Khaseem Greene OLB43 Rutgers3 71 Buffalo Ryan Nassib QB Syracuse 3 75 Buffalo Robert Woods WRF USC 4 105 Buffalo William Campbell DE34 Michigan5 143 Buffalo Chase Thomas OLB Stanford6 177 Buffalo Oday Aboushi OT VirginiaI love the idea of the Bills trading down, but WRS (speed receiver, slot WR) is more likely Stevie in the slot and putting a WRF (feature receiver) out wide that high-points the ball, gets open, and makes catches while covered (this is Hopkins and Woods, not Patterson or Austin). WR is deep in this class; other positions are not, and shouldn't be our RD1 pick. In the draft above, substitute "Alec Ogletree ILB Georgia" at 15 and "Josh Boyce WRF TCU" at 143, and we're a much stronger team.

I like the idea especially in a trade down. However, on the mock, Nassib will be our 2nd round pick or we won't see him again and I fully expect us to draft Shamarko Thomas in the 4th. Unfortunately, I'm not sure how much weight a zero NFL experience, 1st year new Offensive coordinator has in the draft room to get what he wants in the first round of his first draft.

Great, giving a coach their toys via the draft always works out for the best.

You mean Nix and the morons will actually listen to a coach with an actual plan and give him players for that system? I am glad no one like New England hasn't figured that out yet...

Great, giving a coach their toys via the draft always works out for the best.

There's reason to be wary, especially of Austin's ability to not get destroyed in the open field with faster tacklers, but damn if he doesn't present exciting potential. That kid can take over a game. Seeing him and Spiller out there would be a thrill.

I would love to see Austin in Round 2 but it ain't happening. I don't think he'd last past NE's first round pick, if that late.

Uh Austin won't last until 15. He's gonna go to either the Jets at 9, Dolphins at 12,Bucs at 13,or Panthers at 14

I'd be surprised if he went that early, just because he's soooo small. But to some extent like Russell Wilson, I think he is a guy who could really take off and defy those who doubt him due to his size. It will depend a lot on the team that drafts him being able to create the space he needs to operate.

On NE, I would be very scared of facing the guy.

You mean Nix and the morons will actually listen to a coach with an actual plan and give him players for that system? I am glad no one like New England hasn't figured that out yet...

New England has a football team. The Bills, IMO, have too many holes to spend the first pick on a small WR.