Tavon Austin - WR - West Virginia

JPS

Tavon Austin, who helped Geno Smith's short throws turn into long TDs, looks to be a late 1st rounder and some mocks have him going to New England. He had over 500 total yards against Oklahoma and over 300 rushing. Dunno if the Bills would bite, but I hope he doesn't pair up with Brady.

Can it get any uglier? Forget Patterson. I don't care how tall he is. Look at this guy. 40 career TDs and over 7000 all purpose yards. Just watch the last 2 minutes for him as a WR.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0AAWC5t0trY

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This kid looks absolutely great. Just like Patterson. However, as a team, we need a big physical WR that can go up an out muscle defenders. Neither of these 2 guys fit that bill. Both might be really good to great WRs and just playmakers, but they are not what we need in a WR.

Hm... He's a very dynamic speedster, but we haven't got a QB to get him the ball. -Besides, isn't he, like 5'7"?

Fughettaboutit. Quinton Patton, (This year's T.Y. Hilton) and Aaron Dobson, BOTH GOOD ROUTE RUNNERS maybe take a big kid in very late rounds like Rutgers' Tim Wright.

for UDFA, take a flyer on a kid like Stephen F. Austin's Cordell Roberson. Or a promising TE prospect like WKU's Jack Doyle.

Why not nvite a whole bunch of UDFA recievers to camp. Not every reciever's game will translate to the pro's, but we gotta re-up our WEAK reciever corp.

Only averaged around 11 yards a catch his senior year. The guy is obviously talented but the Bills need

a tall fast WR to complement Stevie and Austin is an uber return guy and possession receiver. Patterson

probably fits the Bills needs better and would help open up the field for Spiller and Jackson by stretching the field

and blocking with his bigger frame.

The Bills need a productive receiver! Tall and fast do not necessarily translate into production (see TJ Graham). Austin is dynamic, if we have a chance to get him, I say yes! With creativity, he could be a deadly weapon. Much like Jackson in Philly.

Early in the draft I like cordarrelle Patterson(Tenn.) and quinton Patton(La. Tech)...if you move to the later rounds two big recievers I like are marquess Wilson(Washington State) and Emory Blake(Auburn)...if we're looking at UDFA though I really like marcus sales from Syracuse, kid looks like he could do things in this league.

He wont look so fast in the NFL - still, my guess would be New England watches Welker walk this year, and perhaps no less than a month later lucks out with their 1st rounder and grabs his replacement in: Tavan Austin. The Pat's need that type of ability in a player - they need a Welker. How many of them are there in the NFL? Not too many. So, I predict he ends up with the Pats.

Of course, any talent like that would look good in Buffalo. However, we've got so many other pressing needs this year, not to mention, we already have good return guys, and a little fast guy in Graham. It's just not the year for Buffalo to be taking "luxury" picks early.

Wow just wowwwwww!!!! I say now that buffalo will not tender nelson...how about they draft #8 patterson and #41 austin???? :D that would be a dynamic WR crew.....Stevie 13 C patterson and T austin.....hmmmmmm looks good to me...... .just who will get them the ball? Well draft T bray he should be,there in the 3rd

I firmly believe that Austin and his Teammate Bailey will be 2 of the best WRs in this draft. However, Im not sure either will be targets for Buffalo considering that we Know Nix wants a tall guy that can high point the ball. IMO Aaron dobson, from cross state rival Marshall is the guy to watch. 6-3 205, projected to run in the high 4.3's low 4.4's, good route runner. He could be the target with our 2nd or 3rd rd pick, and would make a great addition to Stevie and TJ.

Dude is definitely a burner, but can you imagine just what would happen if we took another RB in the first or second round ?

Fans would lose their minds !! Especially when we need so many other positions that would make the team better .

We have a top notch set of RB's we need LB's, WR's (seeing as we have gotten rid of the better ones we had) & there's still that QB thing hanging over our heads .

Edited by T master

Wow just wowwwwww!!!! I say now that buffalo will not tender nelson...how about they draft #8 patterson and #41 austin???? :D that would be a dynamic WR crew.....Stevie 13 C patterson and T austin.....hmmmmmm looks good to me...... .just who will get them the ball? Well draft T bray he should be,there in the 3rd

Hmmm...who would play LB? There are only two on the roster now..

Hmmm...who would play LB? There are only two on the roster now..

theres a few good LB in FA.......anthony spencer,connor barwin, calvin pace many names that should be free agents soon..Jon beason might be let go aswell....and besides the nfl is more about the offensive side... Nowadays .....many teams are making it into the playoffs with powerful offensive Play while having average to below average defenses Edited by Hotpockets28

I firmly believe that Austin and his Teammate Bailey will be 2 of the best WRs in this draft. However, Im not sure either will be targets for Buffalo considering that we Know Nix wants a tall guy that can high point the ball. IMO Aaron dobson, from cross state rival Marshall is the guy to watch. 6-3 205, projected to run in the high 4.3's low 4.4's, good route runner. He could be the target with our 2nd or 3rd rd pick, and would make a great addition to Stevie and TJ.

Running a new offense now. We will see. Heights always nice but it may not be a strict requirement.

Dude is definitely a burner, but can you imagine just what would happen if we took another RB in the first or second round ?

Fans would lose their minds !! Especially when we need so many other positions that would make the team better .

We have a top notch set of RB's we need LB's, WR's (seeing as we have gotten rid of the better ones we had) & there's still that QB thing hanging over our heads .

Austin IS a WR, not RB.

Running a new offense now. We will see. Heights always nice but it may not be a strict requirement.

Nix is on record in reference to what he wants in an outside wr, Dobson seems to be exectly what we are looking for. Good 2nd level burst body control, high point ability, good route tree/running. Most importantly the value if he were to last into rd 3 would be too much to pass up

My points are twofold:

1. This guy is a playmaker with insane speed. He's way more Percy Harvin than TJ Graham, and

2. It's going to suck watching Sheppard or Searcy trying to cover him when he takes over for Welker

I know we have bigger needs. But I wish we didn't. This guy is special.

The Bills need a productive receiver! Tall and fast do not necessarily translate into production (see TJ Graham). Austin is dynamic, if we have a chance to get him, I say yes! With creativity, he could be a deadly weapon. Much like Jackson in Philly.

I hate when people compare Austin to Desean Jackson in Philly. Completely different builds. Jackson's much more dense, so although he's short, he can still take a beating. Austin will get destroyed in the pros. All those underneath routes he ran in the highlights where h could just run through the defense untouched? Not happening in the NFL. He would get destroyed. Players are bigger and faster, which means that Austin will get hurt and play in maybe half the games each year, at most

5'9" 170 lbs. No thanks.

I hate when people compare Austin to Desean Jackson in Philly. Completely different builds. Jackson's much more dense, so although he's short, he can still take a beating. Austin will get destroyed in the pros. All those underneath routes he ran in the highlights where h could just run through the defense untouched? Not happening in the NFL. He would get destroyed. Players are bigger and faster, which means that Austin will get hurt and play in maybe half the games each year, at most

They're the exact same player. They have the same build, same frame, same skill sets. Either way no thanks to Tavon.

The kid has never been hurt....and he wasn't playing Division III. I see your point. I just disagree with it.