Nick Foles

switz1610

They probably should have drafted this guy last year and it looks like he may be available. Do we go after him? He looked pretty good at times for Philly at the end of the season.

So he looks good at times? How does he look the other times?

PTR

Why must we always weigh the options of grossly overpaying for a QB which we could have drafted ourselves for a relatively cheap price? Why can't we be the team with the problem of having a young promising QB to dangle? Of course, these are all rhetorical questions.

There are some things about him and the job he's done that I like, but the answer to your question is Charles Nix.

Didn't like him in college. Not a fan of him still. I'd give up a 5th or later for him, but that's no gonna happen. He does fit the criteria if we plan on tanking this season for a high pick, which also isn't going to happen.

Why must we always weigh the options of grossly overpaying for a QB which we could have drafted ourselves for a relatively cheap price? Why can't we be the team with the problem of having a young promising QB to dangle? Of course, these are all rhetorical questions.

You have to draft them first...Last year Nix wasted a senth round pick to move up and get a WR nobody wanted and they wasted another pick on a LB that couldn't make last years team! Add in Asper a guard they tried to stash on the PS. There are multiple examples of wasted picks by this organization moving up to get guys they didn't need. Those wasted picks have a very small chance of being the next Brady or Romo or Warner. Yes it is a small chance they turn out into something but is that worse than taking a LT from China? Levi Brown didn't work out - it doesn't mean you stop trying.

I thought he looked a lot like Trent Edwards when he played. Poised, made some good throws, but when it got tough he got the deer in the headlights look and checked it down

I'm living in Philly right now, so I got to see a bunch of games with him in it. You have an apt comparison. He isn't bad, but he's not the guy who goes out on Sunday and blows you away. Right now, I'm more excited that the Chiefs possibly taking him would take them out of the running for Geno Smith and help our QB chances down the line when it's our turn.